Goodbye Jesus

Street Church

SkepticOfBible

I keep hearing a lot of XTIANs friends going to one. Has anyone gone to one?

How is different from a "normal" church?

Im not sure if this applies everywhere but in my town, the word street church means the preacher and the choirs going to have church in the parking lot. I hate its so annoying to walk down the road and hear gospel songs, loud sermons over a speaker and people jumping up yelling halleluiah and damn don’t let them see you they will go beside you and try to invite you. In Hamilton, teenagers and some adults like to rip around in their cars and hang out in parking lots at night so the churches like to interrupt the fun and try to convert them.

Yes, from my brief experience as a fundy Xian, a "street church" is just a bunch of Xians holding a service of some sort literally out in the street. What a way to ruin a perfectly good Sunday morning :loser:

I've actually seen two completely different "street churches." One was, like others have said, in a parking lot. I didn't go, by my parents, and maybe a couple of my sisters, did. Apparently it was amazing.

The other was a church is the "ghetto" where "crackers" would come from better parts of the city/suburbs to teach all the poor people (who happen to be African America, of course) about the Lord and Savior, Jebus Chrisp.

Matthew 6:5 - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Can I get an amen? :jerkit:

There's street churches, house churches--what next? Beach churches? (At least you'd get a tan) WalMart churches? (They could rent a space right in between Bubba & Son Insurance and Lookityou Portrait Studio) Barn churches? (No, wait--the Amish have that catagory covered)

in hamilton their was a gospel concert in front of walmart uggg.

in this damn town you can have church anywere.

Do you get to wear colors & tattoos that show you're part of Christ's Hommies?

I think it might a New Zealand thing.

From what I heard they have this "street" churches in houses, where people from other denomination also hang out. Off course these denomination needs to be fundie too.

I had this family of Pentecostalists living next door and one time they tried to recruit me into their street church (although I don't think they called it that) - it consisted of a bit of theatre with a Xtian message, some preaching and some singing all in the high street

I never heard of a "street church," but I have heard of (and heard) "street preachers." In my experience, they are, without exception, loud-mouth psychotics. Therefore, I suppose that street churches must be run by and for loud-mouth psychotics. :shrug: