Prayer Request!?!

Vixentrox

Got this off another forum I visit. Rather funny. Someone asking for prayers for.........................................thier dog.

A little bit after noon , our neighbor shot my sons dog . The 22 cal bullet hit Juniors right shoulder . It doesn't look like it hit any vital organs .

We were at the Vet. for 2 hours . Junior was in bad shock . He passed away while my son was standing there . The nurse brought him back to life .

Before we left , my son went back in . He said Junior is more alert than before . Junior is still not out of the woods yet . 1 of the nurses will be staying over tonight , to keep an eye on him .

My son is heartbroken . We can't keep those 2 apart .

Just a little Prayer will help . Junior is like family .

And people were actually PRAYING!

Ah, but you can take anything to God in prayer! Or so I believed while a Christian. I'm sure that if the dog continues to recover, God will get the glory, not the vet and nurse.

This story is disturbing, however. It's hard for a child to lose a pet; I still remember the emotion I went through when my dog was hit by a semi. Did the poster give details on why the neighbor shot the dog? Was it an accident?

Well, I do have to feel for the kid and the parent. Dogs are wonderful pets, and they have this uncanny way of becoming family members and true friends.

I had to give my dog up for adoption this past weekend and I am still a mess about it. lol.

I can sympathize. As a Xian, I prayed for everyone special to me, including my dogs. I always had dogs around, and they really are like family. Xians delude themselves into thinking they have a Magic Sky Daddy all the time, so it's no surprise that they pray to him even for an injured dog. Facts are, the Babble doesn't mention showing love for animals or pets of any sort, so from a truly hardcore Xian perspective, praying for a creature without a soul to glorify Jesus™ with doesn't seem truly Xian to me, but the more compassion Xians are taught to show, the more they will end up shying away from Xianity in the end.