Goodbye Jesus

An Unchristian Opinion

Luck Mermaid

I was surfing the site the other day and suddenly it dawns on me - what if they`re right? (those who believe there is no such thing as ghosts, fairies, an afterlife, etc)

What if they`re right? what if there`s no afterlife? I think that would really suck. I`m counting on an afterlife and reincarnation.

But it would seem to make a lot of sense. Science, I hear, is growing to encompass some new-age principles. But by and large, if ever person has real power, how can mobsters kill hundreds of people and none of the dead ever come back to get them? ( been watching a lot of The Sopranos lately) I mean how many people do you have to kill before you put a hit out on the wrong spirit?

Why can poeple talk to other people in spirit, as a great technique they learn from others and then the person they`re talking to won`t remember it in real life ?????

If quantum physics allows for studying a particle and deciding a particle to be something and the particle transforms in accordance, how come some things just seem to be ultimately true? I mean the kind of stuff we don`t like about ourselves or others or reality and try and try to shift and control what is inevitable and ultimately true? Like, The dams broke in New Orleans. Lots of people including voudouisants in New Orleans and all over the world worked magic to Oya (storm One) not to harm New Orleans. And the storm lowered in intensity and shifted tracks. But the next day the levees broke. They didn`t break because people were bad, or good, or deserving death, or deserving life or because of any magical workings. They didn`t stay intact to prove new age theory, to serve as a great quantum physics experiment we can learn from, they broke because they were old and they needed fixing and they weren`t fixed. The End.

If I have ultimate power, how come I can`t just make reality what I want it to be?

I`ve got to say, if those who don`t believe in what science doesn`t tell them and what they can`t experience or be scientificaly documented, are actually all right, that would suck. I used to think Atheists and the logic-obsessed were another expression of `god`meant to exist alongside all those believes of various faiths and practices just like oranges and eucalyptus trees both belong even though they`re not the same - they`re both trees and natural and smell good and have their purposes.

But if god, fairies, ghosts, alternate realities and parallel universes, little universes in the lives of the tv people that the actors on screen embody - if all these don`t exist, that would suck.

I was surfing the site the other day and suddenly it dawns on me - what if they`re right? (those who believe there is no such thing as ghosts, fairies, an afterlife, etc)

What if they`re right? what if there`s no afterlife? I think that would really suck. I`m counting on an afterlife and reincarnation.

But it would seem to make a lot of sense. Science, I hear, is growing to encompass some new-age principles. But by and large, if ever person has real power, how can mobsters kill hundreds of people and none of the dead ever come back to get them? ( been watching a lot of The Sopranos lately) I mean how many people do you have to kill before you put a hit out on the wrong spirit?

Why can poeple talk to other people in spirit, as a great technique they learn from others and then the person they`re talking to won`t remember it in real life ?????

If quantum physics allows for studying a particle and deciding a particle to be something and the particle transforms in accordance, how come some things just seem to be ultimately true? I mean the kind of stuff we don`t like about ourselves or others or reality and try and try to shift and control what is inevitable and ultimately true? Like, The dams broke in New Orleans. Lots of people including voudouisants in New Orleans and all over the world worked magic to Oya (storm One) not to harm New Orleans. And the storm lowered in intensity and shifted tracks. But the next day the levees broke. They didn`t break because people were bad, or good, or deserving death, or deserving life or because of any magical workings. They didn`t stay intact to prove new age theory, to serve as a great quantum physics experiment we can learn from, they broke because they were old and they needed fixing and they weren`t fixed. The End.

If I have ultimate power, how come I can`t just make reality what I want it to be?

I`ve got to say, if those who don`t believe in what science doesn`t tell them and what they can`t experience or be scientificaly documented, are actually all right, that would suck. I used to think Atheists and the logic-obsessed were another expression of `god`meant to exist alongside all those believes of various faiths and practices just like oranges and eucalyptus trees both belong even though they`re not the same - they`re both trees and natural and smell good and have their purposes.

But if god, fairies, ghosts, alternate realities and parallel universes, little universes in the lives of the tv people that the actors on screen embody - if all these don`t exist, that would suck.

:phew:

You have asked some very good questions LM!

I will try to give my understandings...

None of the dead ever come back to get them because they are not out for revenge. Revenge is a state of mind that one gets into when they feel they have been wronged. And they feel they have been wronged because of what they believe about themselves. This is an egoic state that is not of 'god'. People are the ones that seek revenge because they identify themselves with their mind. If they realize that 'god' is not of the mind, but of a natural state of love, peace and joy, they are able to forgive those that 'wronged' them because they don't know that they are also love, joy, and peace. Forgiveness triumphs revenge.

I have read many things that say we can control reality. I dare not go there because I don't believe it is literally true. I believe we can control reality by what we believe. Reality is the outcome of our thoughts. Not in the sense of changing a tree to wood by magic, but by believing we can change the tree to wood. Our actions are the result of what we believe we can do. Who knows what natural laws there are that we are unaware of? Once we discover that it is possible for ghosts and other so called supernatural things to exist, they will exist naturally. So, yes it is magic and no it's not. I hope I am making sense.

Look at the world around us...we believe that we are separate from each other and that each of us thinks we know the truth so someone else must be wrong. This causes hatred and division which leads to murder. That is magic to me. What we believe is reflected in reality.

There is only so far science can go IMO. Science can't explain why our natural state is one of peace and happiness instead of tourmoil and sadness. The latter comes in waves and then usually leaves us in the state we were born into.

I see reincarnation as dying and returning to that natural state of love, peace and happiness. It is an unconditioned consciousness that we are all a part of, so it makes sense to see us comming back and playing with form again because everyone is part of that same source.

I hope I helped somewhat!

This seems like as good a time as any to

practice my newfound valor technique. :mellow:

Maybe so, but it's been my experience that what I WANT to be true has no bearing on what actually IS true. I'd like to have an afterlife, meet my great great grandma, do ghost stuff, etc... but I've never seen any indication that any of that's gonna happen. So why worry about it?

I agree ... it would suck. A lot. Although, we won't know any different so it won't really suck once it happens. It just sucks to think about it now. So I count on it happening anyway. One day I'll get to have trans-dimensional adventures and fly and meet a satyr and have some tea with some long dead authors who I'd otherwise never have a chance to. If it doesn't happen, I will just be nonexistant and never know. If it does, awesome. I find that I obsess more over death if I don't believe in an afterlife. So it works out better for me. Some people enjoy life more assuming we just die and that's it. But I don't like them apples much.

Well, I can't know that fairies, ghosts, etc., etc. do not exist, I do know that I've never seen any evidence compelling enough to make me assume that they do exist -- so I don't... assume, that is.

Perhaps some day there will be such evidence, but until then, I think it would be silly to rely on the existence of such things, especially in regards the "afterlife".

that would suck.

I can certainly understand why you would think so -- I can only encourage you to give the idea a chance. Okay, I had to give up some exciting fantasies when I gave up fairies, ghosts, etc., etc., but there turns out to be so much excitment and inspiration in art, science, history, and the simple human experience that not only do I not miss it much, I think I'm better off for having replaced imaginary inspirations with real ones.

Personally, I find the idea of a one-shot life in an uncaring universe to be a peaceful and liberating notion. But if you prefer to cling to the hope, think about it this way: if there actually does turn out to be an afterlife, how much worse off would you be in that afterlife for having lived this one to its fullest as if it were your one & only chance?

Thanks for the replies (and in your case thanks for not baiting me mouseboy).

I am not saying that if you live life you'll go to hell or heaven, in fact I heard an interesting theory that you will go to the place you think you will so if you think you'll go to hell you'll go there until you've learned you can move on.

I gues sit could be fascinatin. The idea of life just 'ending'. Perhaps one day I'll adopt it as my theory or as my experience. But not today. Today, I believe I have theories, I have 'knowledge' (which comes from deep inside my inner knowing, not thought out logic). They're ot quite the same theories are where I fill in the gaps. I used to theorize that 'intelligent' life like ours was based on some sort of spark that got passed on from species to species consciously, like maybe aliens came. Now that I've heard (although without any stats to back up my theory or knowledge of who the scientists are orwhen or where they conducted their experiement) that you can zap non living material and come up with organic amino acids, I think it might have been possible that we just evolved on our own.

I'm wiser than I was years ago, and I'm only 24, but I'm sure I have much growing to do. Today I believe that my horizons are expanding and encompassing, some theories getting replaced by information, some parts of my life-walk being known by 'inner knowing'. I'd rather believe in fairies. And frankly, to me it's just the logical theory. As for the afterlife, enough people report it for me to have some hope in it. B esides, I really dig the idea of reincarnation and it would sure explain a lot.

This seems like as good a time as any to

practice my newfound valor technique. :mellow:

:thanks:

:lmao: