Goodbye Jesus

Gay North Carolina Waitress Reveals That Customers ‘Tipped’ Her With Bible Verse Calling For Her Death

Fweethawt

Careful now Fwee, you could be oppressing them and their religious freedom!!1!

Yunea's right Fwee, they're just trying to spread true Christian love and what do you do? You ridicule them!

• Super Moderator

The Good News indeed.

Fuckin' Christians.

Cheapskates too.

The trouble is it seems they honestly think this is a good idea to witness to someone, by making them feel threatened. Real nice idea folks.

Or they could be just bullies. Either way I'd have expected better from "Christans" even if some here might just expect nothing less.

Screen_Shot_2016_04_15_at_Friday_April_1

Christians are going to love it when they get to hell and see all the gays and Richard Dawkins.

I remember a similar story where a waitress was left no tip, instead a note saying "we don't tip gays" or something. It went viral and said waitress had a fund me drive and everything...and it turns out SHE WAS LYING.

The people in question left her a generous tip.

So...why should we believe this one? Hmmm? If I'm gonna be skeptical about Xtianity, then I'm going to be skeptical about EVERYTHING.

Also, on reading this account (which DAYUM that poor girl...jeez, what is WRONG with people)

but what makes anyone think that group were Christian? Because they were dressed in their Sunday best? and they mentioned hell? hm...that could be legit.

Still...question everything.

I remember a similar story where a waitress was left no tip, instead a note saying "we don't tip gays" or something. It went viral and said waitress had a fund me drive and everything...and it turns out SHE WAS LYING.

So...why should we believe this one? Hmmm? If I'm gonna be skeptical about Xtianity, then I'm going to be skeptical about EVERYTHING.

Also, on reading this account (which DAYUM that poor girl...jeez, what is WRONG with people)

but what makes anyone think that group were Christian? Because they were dressed in their Sunday best? and they mentioned hell? hm...that could be legit.

I also smelled something fishy when I read that. Not to defend Christians (I worked my way through college waiting tables and Sundays were, indeed, the worst tipping days), but how did they know she was gay? Did she announce it upon arriving at their table? That verse was way too specific to be coincidental. I call foul.

Shopping for groceries on Sundays can also be hazardous to your mental health. Late Sunday morning all the fundies in their dress up clothes with their large broods of children come in and glare at you while you're checking out a six pack of beer. Some guy was doing that to me once while he had to wait a minute for someone over 21 to ring up my purchase and I turned and asked the guy if it was OK with him if i bought this? The look on his face and of his family was priceless. He probably came from church all hopped up on Jesus and had no idea he was behaving like an ass. 

• Like 1

Careful now Fwee, you could be oppressing them and their religious freedom!!1!

'Deeply held' religious convictions need to be analyzed and nuked if appropriate.

That was great, Stamps! I wouldn't have had the nerve.

I also smelled something fishy when I read that. Not to defend Christians (I worked my way through college waiting tables and Sundays were, indeed, the worst tipping days), but how did they know she was gay? Did she announce it upon arriving at their table? That verse was way too specific to be coincidental. I call foul.

Whether or not the story is true, I cannot say. However, the article did say that she had participated in rallies, so perhaps she was recognized from that and there were assumptions that went along with it. Perhaps they got the impression simply by how she carried herself or talked. There are definitely possible ways for this to be legit, but of course it could just as easily be fabricated.

My great grandmother was like this. One time, she talked about her gospel records and the sermons she was working on--in between verbal abuse bouts towards our waitress. I didn't realize it until after the meal. My parents (both xians) were so embarrassed that afterwards they apologized to the waitress for my grandmother's behavior. My grandmother didn't.

But you have to remember, xians are people just like us. I'm not excusing behavior such as that described in the OP's link, but we have to remember that non-xians can be just as awful, and many xians are great (if misguided) people.

Some xians just happen to use their magic book as a means to abuse other people. And some Muslims want to blow themselves and western people to hell. Not all religious people are nutjobs, but nutjobs can be spawned from any religion.

Everybody (except maybe Fred Rogers) is fucked up. We all have something wrong with us. It's a good thing to remember.

• Like 1