Goodbye Jesus

The Ten Most Normal Activities That The Bible Bans But Modern People Regularly Do Anyway

buffettphan

• Super Moderator

The ten most NORMAL activities that the Bible bans but modern people regularly do anyway:

01.  Premarital Sex --  Does even one minute go by where this rule isn't broken somewhere in the world?

02.  Tattoos  --  Not even the John 3:16 one.  Nope, you're going to hell for it.  

03.  Eating Good Food --  No bacon!  No burgers!

04.  Divorce --  Except if you're a famous preacher raking in the big bucks for jeeeezus.  Or Kim Davis. Then 3 divorces and 4 marriages are a-ok.

05.  Buzzed Haircuts and Beard Trimming --  Yes, "proper" grooming makes everyone closer to god.

06.  Working on the Weekend --  Then why do all those church-goers head over to the Red Lobster afterward, forcing others to sin?  

07.  Wearing Fabric Blends  --  Who knew the bible was so fashion conscious?

08.  Gossiping  --  That's the purpose of prayer chains.

09.  Women Talking In Church  --  Joyce Meyer, we're looking at you!

10.  American Football -- don't touch that filthy pigskin!

Here's the list with complete explanations.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

http://www.horizontimes.com/popular/10-regular-things-bible-bans-still

The Church of Christ would include separate fellowship buildings, kitchens in the Church building, instrumental music in worship, cooperative support for orphans & widows, women teaching men, women praying in public. Not all Churches of Christ would agree with everything I've listed so they would disfellowship congregations they disagreed with but they would do it in love, of course.

• Super Moderator

Oh yes, all "in love" of course!  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

The Church of Christ would include separate fellowship buildings, kitchens in the Church building, instrumental music in worship, cooperative support for orphans & widows, women teaching men, women praying in public. Not all Churches of Christ would agree with everything I've listed so they would disfellowship congregations they disagreed with but they would do it in love, of course.

Oh golly! I'm an ex Church o' Christ-er, myself. Yup, very Pharasaical about the teeny-tiny rules...

I'm an ex-Christian Church/Church of Christ-er myself.

Although some of the Church of Christ people I have talked to would say that I'm not really a true Christian like the CofC. :D