Goodbye Jesus

more venting about fundy family

been borg again

My step father:

ultra fundy, baptist- holiness sect.- molested my sister, beat me black and blue. End time prophecy and creationist expert. When I was 10 years old, going thru a sleep walking phase, my parents called the pastor and elders over to cast demons out of me.

He is 75 years old and thinks I am a jew hating Muslim. ( I am a WW2 buff, and my real father is a red neck nazi antique collector) because our last conversation a few years ago I was trying to explain Circular Reasoning ( the bible is Gods Word because the bible says so) by useing the Koran as an example.

He misunderstood and said, " Oh your a Muslim now?"

I havenet talked to him for a year, when ever I go to the house a few times year for what ever reason, I wear a snow cap rolled up , so it looks like a turban.

I suppose its better my family thinks I am a muslim than an evil atheist.

Mother: a meek broken woman who has been so emotionaly abused by my step father, she is like a fragile brain washed doll incapable of any thought and phobic of any type of conflict.

My real father:

Ultra fundy, closet neo nazi/ KKK, full time nazi and confederate antique dealer. He is one of the top dealers in the USA, his house is filled with Hitlers personal belongings and Confederate pieces. He is also a part time preacher, part time missionary in Brazil.

StepSister: missionary in Japan

other siblings: all fundy

I live 8 miles away from my parents ( mom and step dad) house, they have been over to my house 3 times in 9 years. They beleive my house is demon possessed

Deconverting: PRICELESS. I have broken the cycle of abuse. My daughter will continue to learn the principles of critical thinking , logic, and the value of education, objectivity, and the scientific method.

what about you?

bba - whoa. The amount of shit people have lived through under the justification of religion makes the mind reel. What a great thing you asserted yourself and got out.

My parents were both mentally unbalanced in different ways. Going to Christianity was a strategy I was drawn to at age 19 to help me justify breaking away. Plus it fed other insecurities of mine. At least I gained some things from the experience, like chances for public speaking (ha!), friends (almost all gone, though), ways of looking at texts, some encouragement. it's great to just be, though, isn't it, instead of "be" for an imaginary higher entity robot-maker?

peace

Holy crap. Nobody should have to be abused, and definitely not in the name of a cult. If your stepfather has committed crimes, you should be able to get him thrown in jail so he won't be a menace to society any longer.

Oh boy. When whatever Higher Power distributed intelligence, your whole family must have been sunbathing on Hawaii... fortunately they forgot you at home. :Hmm:

Lol thats funny you say that... all my kin folk come from hundreds of years in the Blue Ridge mountains.. hillbillies.. I strongly suspect inbred genes cuz of so many genetic flaws in my family, downs sydrome nephew, two nieces with cerebral psalsy, sister with crones disease,

my own daughter had gastrocesis ( born with intestines outside) and is mostly deaf. All genetic.. y'all come back now ya hear

feel for ya...

been through some heavy stuff too... and can relate with your mom...

Deconverting: PRICELESS. I have broken the cycle of abuse. My daughter will continue to learn the principles of critical thinking , logic, and the value of education, objectivity, and the scientific method.

what about you?

I think it's brilliant that you have moved beyond the abuse and mindset to raise your daughter. The easy way is to continue in ignorance and continue the line of abuse.

I've delt with my own abuse issues and know how impossible things can seem at times. Also because of abuse I ended up gaining parental rights for my partners 3 kids after the courts finally forced her to sign away her rights as a mother.

I can happily say that all 3 have their own sense of self and ideas of spirituality today. And like to believe that some small part of that is due to my listening and caring.

May you and your's enjoy WonderFilled Days.

PR

• 3 weeks later...

what about you?

Right now I have agreed to raise my children as Christians. I promised my husband I would not say anything anti-biblical or teach them anything that went against Christianity. I'm not sure I can keep this promise, but I'm doing my best.

Right now I have agreed to raise my children as Christians.  I promised my husband I would not say anything anti-biblical or teach them anything that went against Christianity.  I'm not sure I can keep this promise, but I'm doing my best.

I would worry too much about it, I am sure not matter how much you bombard your kids with a religion, there comes a point in teenage years that it maybe wont have much influence over their personal choices when the time comes for them to find their self identity,, it may even work in your favor I am sure, since they would tend to reject past identity, to find a new one.

i am in the same situation as you,

I keep my antichristian opinions to myself cuz it really pisses my wife off if I dont follow along with standard christian teaching with my daughter.

When ever my daughter spends time with my sisters, they bombard her with christianity so she comes home and tells me everything about Jesus in Heaven and sin and obediance to God..... which really doesnt bother me that much, except the other day my 6 year old Nefew told me I love Satan cuz I dont love Jesus.

I just keep my mouth shut, and when noone is loooking I throw my daughters christian books and bibles in the trash.

." Hey have you seen the childrens bible? Its time for a bedtime story"

" No, but we have that science book she likes."

Our house is such a disorganized pigpen, and my daughter already has hundreds of books so nobody misses the christian books after a while I have probably thrown away I would guess 10-20 books over the past 5 years and about 3 or 4 childrens bibles... yea I am a bad man.

Holy crap.  Nobody should have to be abused, and definitely not in the name of a cult.  If your stepfather has committed crimes, you should be able to get him thrown in jail so he won't be a menace to society any longer.

no he is just a broken elderly sad old man anymore.

It would not do anygood to to get him arrested for child abuse that happened 20 years ago

I also have 3 other sisters who grew up with him, as far as I know they swear up and down he never molested them,,, only my older sister. and I was the only one he physically abused. My sister and I were the oldest siblings, by the time he got done with us, he mellowed out.

I would worry too much about it, I am sure not matter how much you bombard your kids with a religion, there comes a point in teenage years that it maybe wont have much influence over their personal choices when the time comes for them to find their self identity,, it may even work in your favor I am sure, since they would tend to reject past identity, to find a new one.

i am in the same situation as you,

I keep my antichristian opinions to myself  cuz it  really pisses my wife off if I dont follow along with standard christian teaching with my daughter.

When ever my daughter spends time with my sisters, they bombard her with christianity so she comes home and tells me everything about Jesus in Heaven and sin and obediance to God..... which really doesnt bother me that much, except the other day my  6 year old Nefew told me I love Satan cuz I dont love Jesus.

I just keep my mouth shut, and when noone is loooking I throw my daughters  christian books and bibles in the trash.

." Hey have you seen the childrens bible? Its time for a bedtime story"

" No, but we have that science book she likes."

Our house is such a disorganized pigpen, and my daughter already has hundreds of books  so nobody misses the christian books after a while I have probably thrown away I would guess  10-20 books over the past 5 years and about 3 or 4  childrens bibles... yea I am a bad man.

Ha ha...that is great. Thanks for the words of encouragement. :)

Guest Gypsy

wow, i am just amazed at all the stuff people have gone through here. and stuff i thought i was so different or alone in i see has happened to other people to.

the sad old elderly people in my family have hidden behind their large print bibles and told all us cousins that we should keep our minds on the positives. those aunts and uncles are now deacons and elders and ministry leaders and refuse to answer anything we ask about the past.

well, the bible is just great at handling all of this isn't it?

forgive, forgive, forgive.....

and of course..., we must remember that, 'love covers a multitude of sins'.

it amazes me how few people in a family system of abuse get out of the cycle of abuse and denial. it is really hard to be in that few.

i am really happy you were able to do that bba. and your daughter will benefit greatly.

about throwing things out.....i just threw out one of my husbands 'jesus christ king of kings' baseball hats that the 7 year old always wears. i shoved it way in the bottom of the trash can and am hoping it just gets forgotten. i'm always tempted to pitch things but this was the first time i did it. it's not like it was new...it was old and faded.... i'm making excuses. oh well. i hated that hat and i was embarrassed when my kid wore it with me. i totally understand your wanting to throw stuff out. i'm bad too.....