Goodbye Jesus

Have You Gone So Far As Commit The Unpardonable Sin?

SerenelyBlue

The unpardoble sin. Cursing the Holy Spirit. When I was still a Christian and God's inaction caused me great pain I actually swore at God's spirit. So I guess I am damned beyond damned.

But since becoming an unbeliever I didn't really see a point in cursing at an entity that may not even exist. God became irrelevant.

What are your experiences and views?

yeah I did hahahaha. While it is essentially pointless, it still has a psychological effect. 

• Super Moderator

I curse the Holy Spirit on a regular basis just to make sure I don't end up in that christian heaven.    zDuivel2.gif zDuivel7.gif zDuivel2.gif

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Oops, I meant to post the thred in the rants section.

I've done it, just because these days I don't feel a thing doing it, and experiencing that is still sort of new to me as I used to really be careful not to do blasphemy. Now I could just as well be saying "the ugly duckling saw an UFO". It's strange.

I don't think that is what the unpardonable sin is. AFAIK, it's attributing works of the spirit to the devil.

But yes, I've done it in my thoughts when really really angry and upset, and it made me feel terrible.

If you take the passage in context, you see that jesus was casting out demons, and the Pharisees were saying that he was casting them out through the power of the prince of demons. So as rjn says, it's attributing "holy acts" to devilish acts.

Since leaving the faith the Holy Spirit & have I have ignored each other.

• Like 2

I never understood what the unpardonable sin was. And anyway, simply not believing is unpardonable - you go to hell for eternity - so why would there be a special "unpardonable sin"?

• Like 2

You can always change your mind on believing. Kinda hard to go back from stating that the holy spirit is, in fact, what Satan calls his crusty jerk sock. Guess where Jesus actually came from.

To answer the original question. Eeeehhhhhhh... Maybe once or twice. Just cause I can.

Guest Furball

And anyway, simply not believing is unpardonable - you go to hell for eternity - so why would there be a special "unpardonable sin"?

I agree. I remember reading famous bible commentator matthew henry on the subject of sin. He stated that if a person dies without confessing and forsaking a certain sin that they are not even aware of or they think is not really a sin, they will be unpardoned and sent to hell forever. Isn't that grand. You spend your whole life repenting and believing only to find that there was some subconscious sin you weren't aware of , and you go to hell anyways. 

N-O-N-S-E-N-S-E

• Like 1

And anyway, simply not believing is unpardonable - you go to hell for eternity - so why would there be a special "unpardonable sin"?

I agree. I remember reading famous bible commentator matthew henry on the subject of sin. He stated that if a person dies without confessing and forsaking a certain sin that they are not even aware of or they think is not really a sin, they will be unpardoned and sent to hell forever. Isn't that grand. You spend your whole life repenting and believing only to find that there was some subconscious sin you weren't aware of , and you go to hell anyways. 

N-O-N-S-E-N-S-E

Holy shit. No wonder fundamentalists are neurotic. 

• Like 1

The unpardoble sin. Cursing the Holy Spirit. When I was still a Christian and God's inaction caused me great pain I actually swore at God's spirit. So I guess I am damned beyond damned.

But since becoming an unbeliever I didn't really see a point in cursing at an entity that may not even exist. God became irrelevant.

What are your experiences and views?

I never participated in the Blasphemy Challenge. The whole thing is just stupid. I remember, however, when I was a Christian, that the unpardonable sin used to terrify me to know end, thus affirming the statement from Bertrand Russell that the verse has caused an "unspeakable amount of misery."

My life has never been better since I cursed the holey spirit..... yelrotflmao.gif

May he go away forever!! 

• Super Moderator

Their rules and sins are silly. I'm not going to play their game.

Have you seen the documentary movie "The God Who Wasn't There"? You should get hold of it and watch it, very relevant to this question and a great great film.

• Like 2

I'm with Daffodil.  Never understood the idea, and never seen a convincing explanation.

I never understood what the unpardonable sin was. And anyway, simply not believing is unpardonable - you go to hell for eternity - so why would there be a special "unpardonable sin"?

I guess it means that even if you change your mind, it doesn't matter: you're basically fucked. So God can forgive ANYTHING but thinking/saying a blasphemous statement regarding the Holy Ghost/attributing to the devil/whatever. EVEN genocide! 

People with OCD (like myself) have had a lot of fun with that particular piece of scripture through the ages! Thanks for designing nervous systems and brains with too much adrenaline and cortisol, Gawd! biggrin.png

• Like 1

no. I have also not blasphemed Charlie Brown or Spider-Man.

• Like 3

I guess it means that even if you change your mind, it doesn't matter: you're basically fucked. So God can forgive ANYTHING but thinking/saying a blasphemous statement regarding the Holy Ghost/attributing to the devil/whatever. EVEN genocide! 

People with OCD (like myself) have had a lot of fun with that particular piece of scripture through the ages! Thanks for designing nervous systems and brains with too much adrenaline and cortisol, Gawd! biggrin.png

Can you just imagine a powerful god who gives his children a book of rules to go by and none of them make any sense? You have to figure everything out on your own? Then you get a thousand different interpretations from hundreds of bible scholars? He could have spoken through someone and said tell them this, ''The unpardonable sin is when you...................................''

The holey bible should have been called the book of the most confusing bullshit ever.

I would never cut good Scotch with water or anything else, so no, I haven't committed that sin.

Casey

• Like 1

I would never cut good Scotch with water or anything else, so no, I haven't committed that sin.

Casey

Agreed.

When I drink whisky, I drink whisky.  When I drink water, I drink water.

May they never pollute each other.

• Like 1

It was sufficient for me to stop kowtowing to God.

Casey

Agreed.

When I drink whisky, I drink whisky. When I drink water, I drink water.

May they never pollute each other.

A drop or two may be forgiven and might be encouraged from time to time