Goodbye Jesus

Have You Gone So Far As Commit The Unpardonable Sin?

SerenelyBlue

Dropped the Jesus Effing Christ bomb on my Assemblies of God mother. (Not at her, but in her presence) She was very forgiving being that I was 28. I traumatised myself with that release of godlessness, considering I never cursed.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I did...

I have two occassion that I associate with blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and secretly I'm still scared of going to hell for it. This verse caused me a LOT of trouble, just like some of the other "unforgivable" verses (mark of the beast, willfull sin, returning to unbelief). Somehow I always thought (and sometimes think) I did those unforgivable things, while other christians I know never worry about those. They always say God can forgive everything. 

When I was traumatized and psychotic and superscared that I would go to hell, I fled my house and encountered an evangelist on the streets. He asked me: "do you think you will go to heaven or to hell when you die?". I almost broke into tears and answered him that I was really scared of going to hell. And he prayed for me. I felt all dizzy and weird when he prayed. This caused me to think he was from the devil (I was really sick at the time) and I literally told this to my dad. Coincidentally in the weeks after this I met three different people saying people in the church he belonged to were truly filled by and radiating the Holy Spirit. While before that I never heard of that church. So... then I started to get superscared that I blasphemed the Holy Spirit: I thought I had literally contributed a work of the Holy Spirit to the devil!

And I wrote on this website that the christian God was a horrible psychopath unworthy of worship because he created hell as a place of everlasting torment, killed babies, etc.

In bad times, both these incidents still scare me. I start to think christianity might be true after all and I'll go to hell. It's difficult to shed this belief, even if I can rationally think of many arguments against the bible.

I'd still be too afraid to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, most of the time....

Marian,

RELAX!

Fear is man kind's most powerful emotion and an incredibly useful and powerful tool. That's why religions use it.

Now, go take a nice hot bath and have a glass of grape juice. Wait. Your'e over 21 right?