Goodbye Jesus

Omg! The Boring Post Thread Got Padlocked!

duderonomy

Yeah, but it totally backfired for the "Friday" girl - total one-hit wonder.

So you'd rather the ladies were on top? wink.png

It's not what I'd rather, or even what I'd want. I'm in this for the sake of the band as long as the rest of you guys are.

I'll even stand at the back of the stage in the drummer's spot and set my drum machine and play my guitar from there while you ladies sing until we can afford to hire a real drummer if that's what it takes to get this band going. I hope you can tell that I'm serious about that, I mean if that's what it comes to.

I have no ego when it comes to this music stuff, but we have to make decision soon, the four of us. Are we a band, with or without a name? Others will come along, find this thread and either declare themselves "in" or assume they are, or something.

Can we set some rules, if we are a band? Should we just let anyone in, or should we be very selective about who joins us?  Jesus, politics, I know, but is it all about the music or is all about making every person that lays a claim to the four of us legitimate because they have a musical talent? 

Well, I guess now would be the time to confess that I haven't actually touched a cello in about 22 years and I don't even own one now, so I'm going to need some time to redevelop the calluses and stuff.

BTW, yunea isn't even on our continent and none of us live in the same state. How, exactly, are we going to do this? Sorry, but my anal retentiveness kicks in when things get serious!

Well, I guess now would be the time to confess that I haven't actually touched a cello in about 22 years and I don't even own one now, so I'm going to need some time to redevelop the calluses and stuff.

No, you're going to need some time to adjust to how expensive cellos are now, IMHO. The calluses come from paying for it. You in or not?

BTW, yunea isn't even on our continent and none of us live in the same state. How, exactly, are we going to do this? Sorry, but my anal retentiveness kicks in when things get serious!

The internet.

• Super Moderator
''I Shot the Sheriff'' ''.... I Got the Spirit!

Margee... no. NO. HELL NO. 

Please tell me you just made that up.

''I Shot the Sheriff'' ''.... I Got the Spirit!

Margee... no. NO. HELL NO. 

Please tell me you just made that up.

No, I didn't make this up! I did it.yellow.gif  I converted the song over to a complete gospel blues version of it and the guys were fantastic. The main lead guitar player was as good as Carlos Santana and he even looked like him.Wendytwitch.gif  (I had a big crush on him rolleyes.gif) As you know, Carlos Santana is my idol.  So we re-made the song over. Did a lot of Eric Clapton stuff.  We had the church turned into an emotional frenzy!! They loved it. I have a recording of this with me on stage singing it and if I can find it, I will post it. It was one of the best times in my life. I was one of the lead singers. The band made me sound good like I was a professional blues singer!!

Hmm, I agree. Where's yunea and Margee? We need more ideas.

''The Outcasts', ''the Rebels''? I can't think..it's too early for my intelligence to kick in yet. I'll be back. We'll practice over Skype!! yellow.gif

Is this a bar band or do you see it as a regional touring act? That makes a lot off difference in naming options

Is this a bar band or do you see it as a regional touring act? That makes a lot off difference in naming options

I don't know Jeff.... but somehow we're going to go 'viral'.....woohoo.gif

• Super Moderator

"Thirteenth Disciple"  "Chaff"  "Apostasonics"  

Bar band names:

The Sharks

The Barcodes

Dead Ringer

Your Mother Trebek

I can keep going...

Tribute bands:

The Hormones ( an all-girl Ramones tribute )

Prints and the Evolution ( Prince tribute )

Chinese Buffet. ( Asian Jimmy Buffet tribute band )

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

"Rock of Aged"

DING DING DING!!!!!!

"Rock of Aged"

DING DING DING!!!!!!

????????????

• Like 2

No, you're going to need some time to adjust to how expensive cellos are now, IMHO. The calluses come from paying for it. You in or not?

OMG, stop pressuring me! Yeah I'm in. I nominate Margee for lead singer.

• Like 1

Your Mother Trebek *snicker*. I don't want to have to explain our name, so nothing too anti-religious. Rock of Aged works for me, but how old is yunea? Don't want to offend!

I'm in my thirties lol. 

• Super Moderator

In the '60s Jack Weinberg said, "Don't trust anyone over 30."

We need one singer who can hit really high notes like the guy in 'The Stylistics''. I got a real low voice. Actually I sound like a guy. I've been told in drive-through s, ''Thanks you sir - drive through''.......

Maybe florduh can be the high singer..I heard his voice before cause I met him in person.....he sounds like a girl......sing_99.gif yelrotflmao.gif

• Super Moderator

Thanks, Margee!

We need one singer who can hit really high notes like the guy in 'The Stylistics''. I got a real low voice. Actually I sound like a guy. I've been told in drive-through s, ''Thanks you sir - drive through''.......

Maybe florduh can be the high singer..I heard his voice before cause I met him in person.....he sounds like a girl......:sing: :yelrotflmao:

You met another ex-c?! So jealous! How did you pull that off? I'm an alto, too, so I can't do it.

• Like 1

Thanks, Margee!

But you are very handsome!! kiss.gif

See... This ^ is how bands break up... The singers get "involved"

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.