Goodbye Jesus

Omg! The Boring Post Thread Got Padlocked!

duderonomy

Would this be a bad time and place to tell Daffy that I like her flowers and all, but I miss the old monkey?

The monkey (actually an ape wink.png) was cute, but this fits me better for now.
I understand, and despite what Fwee will undoubtedly want to say, I'll miss your kind thoughtful avatar eyes.
Awww, that's sweet. And yes, Fwee will say you're trying to charm me. Well you are, and that's ok. I still haven't forgotten what you said before, though. You've got a fair bit of charmin' to get through to fix that!
He's not trying to charm you. He already did that. Which is exactly why you didn't notice that he is equating you with an ape.

I told you long ago to stay away from him but you wouldn't listen. Take a step back and try to realize how far down he had dragged you without you even noticing.

He's bad news...

You assume I am a soft-headed female without the ability to ascertain when I am being played. Has it occurred to you yet that it might actually be the other way around? My husband is not romantic or flirtatious in any way, shape or form and though I am not a particularly effeminate female, I do enjoy a bit of harmless flirtation. I'm doing just fine, thank you.

JoyLynouch.gif   Fwee takes another one on the chin! 

Can't speak for any other women, but for me, I actually think "romance" (the Hollywood version with flowers, expensive dinners out, etc.) is a product of marketing and past expectations of women. Valentine's and Mother's Day are nothing more than brilliant marketing to get men to feel guilty about the women in their lives and spend money on them. I think that women in past generations who mostly stayed at home probably expected more of that from their husbands as well. Now, with most women working and having their own money to buy their own flowers if they want them, there's no need to wait for hubby to do it. This is all purely conjecture, by the way. I personally do not want to be treated on a special day because it is the expected activity on that day. That completely defeats the point of it being special! Now if he were to call me from work on some random day and tell me not to cook because he wants to take me out, THAT would get my attention!

I like to go out to eat, not because it makes me feel special, but because I hate to cook. I don't like chocolates or flowers because they're cheesy and don't last. What I really like is to be taken somewhere away from the kids where we can have real adult conversation and connection. Attentive, yes, but not in a "Here's some flowers my little shnookems!" kind of patronizing way. Attend to what I have to say and what is going on in my mind - THAT is a turn on!

I agree with everything you said here Daffy.  So, tell me, what do you have on...your mind?

yelrotflmao.gif wub.png yelrotflmao.gif wub.png   Oh you sly devil, you!

Can't speak for any other women, but for me, I actually think "romance" (the Hollywood version with flowers, expensive dinners out, etc.) is a product of marketing and past expectations of women. Valentine's and Mother's Day are nothing more than brilliant marketing to get men to feel guilty about the women in their lives and spend money on them. I think that women in past generations who mostly stayed at home probably expected more of that from their husbands as well. Now, with most women working and having their own money to buy their own flowers if they want them, there's no need to wait for hubby to do it. This is all purely conjecture, by the way. I personally do not want to be treated on a special day because it is the expected activity on that day. That completely defeats the point of it being special! Now if he were to call me from work on some random day and tell me not to cook because he wants to take me out, THAT would get my attention!

I like to go out to eat, not because it makes me feel special, but because I hate to cook. I don't like chocolates or flowers because they're cheesy and don't last. What I really like is to be taken somewhere away from the kids where we can have real adult conversation and connection. Attentive, yes, but not in a "Here's some flowers my little shnookems!" kind of patronizing way. Attend to what I have to say and what is going on in my mind - THAT is a turn on!

I agree with everything you said here Daffy.  So, tell me, what do you have on...your mind?

yelrotflmao.gif wub.png yelrotflmao.gif wub.png   Oh you sly devil, you!

Baby, I only want what's best for you. I know you come here late in the evening. I read your posts. I'm listening Daffy.

Creepy yet?  wicked.gif

All joking aside, where's Margee? I needs me some Margee all up in here.

Off enjoying a vacation. We may see some sporadic posting from her within the next few months, but don't count on it.

Off enjoying a vacation. We may see some sporadic posting from her within the next few months, but don't count on it.

Dang!

Look on the bright side -- full attention on Daffy for now.

Look on the bright side -- full attention on Daffy for now.

You are one sick puppy. 

Really? I figured that'd give you a keyboard busting boner...

Margee, love ya sweetie, but you just stay on your vacation as long as you want! ;)

Guest Furball

Just finished reading a book called Fighting God by David Silverman. It was just ok. 

Um, this isn't the Boring Post Thread. This is the OMG! The Boring Post Thread Got Padlocked! thread. 

what the hell are you talking about 

Guest Furball

Margee, love ya sweetie, but you just stay on your vacation as long as you want! wink.png

This isn't the boring post thread. This is the OMG! The Boring Post Thread Got Locked Padlocked! thread. 

duderonomy says so and he runs the whole fucking website so...

Margee, love ya sweetie, but you just stay on your vacation as long as you want! wink.png

This isn't the boring post thread. This is the OMG! The Boring Post Thread Got Locked Padlocked! thread.

I know, right? He's such a doosh!

Aw furball, don't be sore because I haven't sent you my toenail clippings yet.  rolleyes.gif

Really? I figured that'd give you a keyboard busting boner...

I see that you are "interested in being interesting".  We're all waiting for you to start doing that. Will it be soon?

So, is this thread dead then? It's still pinned. 

Fwee, was I too hard on you? 

What happened?

What happened?

It's summer silly!! And everyone is out having fun! We'll get it really going again as soon as the sun goes down and the snow starts to fly!!

What happened?

It's summer silly!! And everyone is out having fun! We'll get it really going again as soon as the sun goes down and the snow starts to fly!!
Yeah, Dude... This is the part where you realize that you don't have a life and everyone else at Ex-C does.

Btw, it says I'm interested in being interesting. It doesn't say that I am, nor trying to be. Also, I got forced into a different department at work along with a shop-wide ban on cell phone usage that will greatly hinder my participation here for now. Right now I'm sitting in my recliner in my apartment wearing nothing but my underwear and a t-shirt in case you were wondering. I think my wife might be pooping but I'm not really sure.

Yeah, she's definitely pooping. I just heard the toilet flush and the sound of the aerosol can being sprayed.

I'm too busy being awesome to chat much.

And by awesome I mean on a diet and grumpy.

I'm too busy being awesome to chat much.

And by awesome I mean on a diet and grumpy.

A diet? Jeff, your face isn't all that fat no matter what Daffy says about it. Relax, man!

What happened?

Yeah, Dude... This is the part where you realize that you don't have a life and everyone else at Ex-C does.

Btw, it says I'm interested in being interesting. It doesn't say that I am, nor trying to be. Also, I got forced into a different department at work along with a shop-wide ban on cell phone usage that will greatly hinder my participation here for now. Right now I'm sitting in my recliner in my apartment wearing nothing but my underwear and a t-shirt in case you were wondering. I think my wife might be pooping but I'm not really sure.

As I read this, I'm sitting in a recliner in my boxers and a t-shirt.  Isn't that something? I don't have a life and you do, yet here we both are! Life is strange, huh?  

Too bad about the shop ban on cellphones. If that place is going to interfere with your Ex-C time, maybe you should find another job.  Priorities, you know. PageofCupsNono.gif

What happened?

I understand Margee. It's just that if I'm not hanging out here I'll have to mow my yard and fix the kitchen window screen and repair my deck and all sorts of other unpleasant things!  Wendytwitch.gif

Yeah, she's definitely pooping. I just heard the toilet flush and the sound of the aerosol can being sprayed.

TMI much? Oh wait, I'm talking to Fwee. Never mind!

What happened?

Hi Margee! Welcome back! Never mind what I said about staying on vacation as long as you want. I missed you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.