Goodbye Jesus

Is Your Recovery Process Active Or Passive?

RealityCheck

Has your recovery process out of religion been an active one?  Has it required you to reach out towards outside support, counseling, etc?   The fact that we're on this site implies that we fall into this category.  However, I'm wondering how many of you have recovered from Christianity passively?  By that I mean you came to the conclusion you didn't believe anymore and just let time do the healing (and wait out the ensuing fallout)?  I think I mostly fall into this category but I have a feeling that we all fall on a spectrum. 

The fallout mostly came in the first week for me. Since then it's been a slow, long road to building new social circles, re-discovering, discovering the nature of spirituality and my place in it. I didn't have internet support, the internet didn't exist. You could say my development was passive. I didn't make cases against, seek out to argue with or fight back christianity, I just retreated to avoid christians. The only way I'm active now is when I'm honest with where I am when the subject comes up. I stand my ground.