Goodbye Jesus

Did You Re-commit Yourself To Christ Numerous Times?

pandora

Interesting... so those of you who did rededicate yourselves numerous times publically, did you have a rough time shedding the fear of hell too?

My fear of hell is definitely linked to my re-dedications, because I was doing them specifically in case I hadn't done enough to avoid hell.

That's what rededications are: Fire Insurance renewals.

Interesting... so those of you who did rededicate yourselves numerous times publically, did you have a rough time shedding the fear of hell too?

I personally couldn't completely shed the fear of hell until recently. Even though I knew that it was probably a myth since college, a little part of me still feared it.

To a degree, yes. It was also that fear that pissed me off enough to send me running away from it all..

You know, fight or flight. I chose "flight"..

Though my rededications were always private, I always had a good streak of Hellophobia, even if only in the back of my mind. I was usually too confident that I was finally on the right track with each rededication that I didn't worry too much, but Hell was the reason to rededicate in the first place.

Of course, Hell is the reason for Xianity and the reason for belief in it.