Goodbye Jesus

Black Lives Matter Protesters Chain Themselves To Road Near Heathrow Sparking Travel Chaos For Holidaymakers

Fweethawt

BLM leads me to disbelieve ALM.

I wonder how much the black community will prosper if these BLM fuckers invested their energy into something productive.  How about getting jobs, bettering themselves, clawing their way out of poverty like every other disadvantaged group in history.  

Yeah, because dead end minimum wage jobs in destitute economic areas in will really do that for you. Not every "disadvantaged group in history" has escaped poverty. Seen a Native American reservation lately? 

Nope, let's throw temper tantrums (what these protests ultimately are) in countries that aren't even known for police violence.  

Was it a "temper tantrum" when other countries who didn't have apartheid protested South Africa? 

The protests in the 60s were to procure civil rights.  The protests of today are attempts to justify being thugs without consequence. 

The protests of today have been building up for decades. I'm honestly surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Was it a "temper tantrum" when other countries who didn't have apartheid protested South Africa?

Tell me something: where were these white liberal hypocrites when my grandmother, who is alive and well today, was subject to the tyrrany of the British Empire? To this day, white liberals tell me that such colonialism was beneficial to India, because they bequeathed railroads and the English language upon us. Please note that unlike the enslavement of blacks, this injustice was not done to my distant ancestors, but to people in my family who are still alive. Yet I'm not demanding reparations from anyone as so many black people in America do. And might I remind you that one of my grandfathers lived in the American south during the era of Jim Crow, and was classified as black for the purposes of the drinking fountain. I'm sure I could concoct a plethora of reasons to demand free stuff from the government. Yet despite belonging to a much smaller minority in America than blacks do, there are no white advocates for me. White liberals cherry-pick pet causes to assuage their consciences of invented guilt. They benefit no one, least of all themselves.

If I may make a presumptive request: please do not tell me that white liberals care about Asian-Americans in the slightest. I can not believe I have been brought to such stupidity as this, but I believe it necessary. I'm voting Trump.

SJWs: "We need to make race matter because race matters because of the white supremacists!" No, even if "white privilege" still existed, that would be exactly why race needs not to matter. Do they not see how this is a cycle? Race matters because race matters because race matters because race matters...

All over the internet is a story about a young guy of Indian origin who was collared at a Trump rally. I'm not convinced that Trumpism, if that's a legitimate political meme, is all that pro-Southern Asian.

Something I've said before, but I'm going to repeat it because it's important: I've never seen BLM speak up for anyone who is not black. Yes, the name of their movement is "black lives matter," but to ignore police victims because it wouldn't fit with their movement is monstrous. Nothing is stopping them from supporting both. If they truly believe that black people are disproportionately shot by police, they should have no problem speaking out for non-black victims. But if they want to support a narrative, of course they will exclude the ones who might cause people to question that narrative.

All over the internet is a story about a young guy of Indian origin who was collared at a Trump rally. I'm not convinced that Trumpism, if that's a legitimate political meme, is all that pro-Southern Asian.

I agree that Trumpism is not directly pro-South Asian. And I have no delusions that I would not be physically attacked at a Trump rally. But I have now been caught deadly close to a Black Lives Matter protest TWICE. BLM has become the political issue that directly affects me more than any other, because it's a threat to my safety.

Which political paradigm is more likely to prosecute BLM, and which more likely to prosecute the police officers they attack? Trump and his party accomplish the former via white supremacy. But given the BLM violence to which I have been nearly subject lately, I'll take the cross burners if that is my only other choice.

Bhim, what happened at that BLM rally?

Bhim, what happened at that BLM rally?

I wouldn't call them rallies, more like mob violence. There have been two incidents in my recent memory:

1. I drove along a major freeway and was stopped by a police barricade, because just a few feet away BLM people were throwing objects at police officers.

2. My wife had to evacuate a public transit train because black people were protesting (yes, in the train of all places) and shouting about their desire to subject whites and Muslims to violence. I doubt these people would have distinguished between a Hindu and a Muslim.

A reasonable person might ask: why have these incidents convinced me to vote for a bumbling orangutan instead of an experienced stateswoman? The economy, nation building, evangelical culture wars about bathrooms (on which Trump is on the right side, BTW), and even my general hatred of evangelical Christianity are all secondary to my ability to live my life without wondering if every black person I see is going to throw a rock at me as a means of fighting a hypothetical system that doesn't work for people of his race. I don't want to think about people in terms of race, yet BLM has forced me to do precisely this.

Let me know when liberals decide to stop talking about race, and I'll be happy to rejoin them.

Were the people on the train yelling "black lives matter"? I'm surprised they would be against Muslims, looking at the left's obsession with religion and "tolerance."

An aside about the bathroom issue while I'm thinking of it: I'd prefer if people used the bathroom corresponding to their biological sex, though making transitioned people use the bathroom of their original gender would obviously create all kinds of problems. The alternative to allowing people to pick the bathroom they want would be genital checking and insanely Orwellian. So I don't like either option - people using whichever bathroom they want, or investigating people's personal space - but I will go with the lesser of two evils. And drawing big thick enforceable lines between the sexes has pretty much always led to "squickiness" about people of the opposite gender and paranoia about sex and molestation. Probably people would be much less uptight if we didn't draw these lines. Not that gender is a social construct or is unimportant, but there would be less fixation on gender (wouldn't that be nice in modern society...) if we didn't make a big deal out of it. I say unisex bathrooms are the best solution.

Anyway. Carry on.

If you go to the main BLM Facebook page, they shared a post from a photography company offering free family photo-taking to victims of the Louisiana flood. I was relieved to see most commenters were pointing out that what they actually need is a relief effort, and that we haven't seen BLM doing anything to participate.

Were the people on the train yelling "black lives matter"? I'm surprised they would be against Muslims, looking at the left's obsession with religion and "tolerance."

They were, but more than that what is noteworthy is that they were yelling about their desire to do physical violence to whites and Muslims. This is dangerous because it stops being a protest and becomes outright thuggery. On a side note, I should probably correct my earlier sloppy language and be clear: I was physically present for the protest incident involving police officers; I was not, however, when my wife encountered the people on the train. So what I should say is that between the two of us, each of us has been subject to BLM aggression once.

Regarding the aggression towards Muslims, I'm not entirely sure that BLM can even be classified as a liberal group. They are heavily favored by liberals, but they seem to be singularly focused on alleged systemic bias against black people. I'm not sure how much they care about other popular liberal issues such as feminism or Islamophilia. Even before the rise of BLM, I used to notice that on sites such as Jezebel, which are focused on women's issues, there were articles describing the urgency of addressing racial bias and "white privilege." So we had feminists prioritizing black male issues over general female issues. I guess what I'm trying to say is that while liberals seem to love BLM, the reverse is not necessarily true. Strange, isn't it, that liberals have a penchant for tolerating intolerance? I'm surprised that liberal philosophy can even exist when it seeks to destroy itself.

I've made another strange observation. I was surprised when I realized that even some Christian conservatives were becoming sympathetic to BLM. While I don't know of that many evangelicals who outright endorse BLM, I recently noticed that Pastor John Piper (who used to be a big name in the Reformed community) has emphasized the importance of understanding them. They've also received some limited sympathy from the likes of Newt Gingrich and Glenn Beck.  This is part of what's made it easier for me to embrace conservative American politics. I used to hate the GOP because it was Christian. Christianity seems to be slowly decoupling itself from conservativism, as conservativism becomes more a home of general douchbaggery. Now generally I wouldn't like that either, but I suppose that when they take aim at Muslims or race-baiters like BLM, I'm willing to adopt an 'ends justify the means' approach. As I alluded before, I'll get in bed with about anyone (politically speaking) as long as they are less physically dangerous than BLM.

For the record, I will say outright that I absolutely do believe in discriminating against Muslims, since I have no problem treating someone differently because of something they actively choose to believe. The inconvenience, particularly for me, arises only when others falsely equate Muslims with brown-skinned people. 

An aside about the bathroom issue while I'm thinking of it: I'd prefer if people used the bathroom corresponding to their biological sex, though making transitioned people use the bathroom of their original gender would obviously create all kinds of problems. The alternative to allowing people to pick the bathroom they want would be genital checking and insanely Orwellian. So I don't like either option - people using whichever bathroom they want, or investigating people's personal space - but I will go with the lesser of two evils. And drawing big thick enforceable lines between the sexes has pretty much always led to "squickiness" about people of the opposite gender and paranoia about sex and molestation. Probably people would be much less uptight if we didn't draw these lines. Not that gender is a social construct or is unimportant, but there would be less fixation on gender (wouldn't that be nice in modern society...) if we didn't make a big deal out of it. I say unisex bathrooms are the best solution.

Anyway. Carry on.

If you go to the main BLM Facebook page, they shared a post from a photography company offering free family photo-taking to victims of the Louisiana flood. I was relieved to see most commenters were pointing out that what they actually need is a relief effort, and that we haven't seen BLM doing anything to participate.

I think I take a somewhat similar view of the bathroom issue. In principle I feel it would be easier if people just chose a bathroom based on their physical ability to use the urinal, but that is not a view I hold strongly or about which I feel passionate. If a guy wants to call himself a girl and use the women's bathroom, it doesn't harm me, and I certainly don't want to pass legislation to stop him/her/whatever. And while I think that transexuality is strange, it could very well be simply because it's outside my normal experience. I used to think that homosexuality was strange too until I made a few gay friends, and these days it seems perfectly normal to me. The very notion of a free society is that people are free to do as they wish insofar as it does not affect the rights of others. Whilst I don't believe that the bathroom issue is the great civil rights cause of our time, it poses the risk of a government infringement on our individual liberties, and therefore I think bathroom bills should not be passed.

NEW REPORT: WHITES ACTUALLY WAY MORE LIKELY TO BE SHOT BY POLICE… -- When they’re not busy “peacefully” rioting… do you ever hear Black Lives Matter mention these statistics? - http://www.infowars.com/new-report-whites-actually-way-more-likely-to-be-shot-by-police/

Men chant 'Black lives matter' before viciously attacking white victims, police say -- http://m.cleveland19.com/19actionnews/db_330498/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=7ZAUG3gt

God, I hate these people...

Outrage at North Carolina college as 'white, male, Christian able-bodied and straight' students are told 'to check their privilege' in poster campaign -- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3749726/Campus-outrage-North-Carolina-White-male-able-bodied-Christian-students-Appalachian-State-told-check-privilege-controversial-bulletin-board.html

Outrage at North Carolina college as 'white, male, Christian able-bodied and straight' students are told 'to check their privilege' in poster campaign -- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3749726/Campus-outrage-North-Carolina-White-male-able-bodied-Christian-students-Appalachian-State-told-check-privilege-controversial-bulletin-board.html

Well, the Christian part doesn't really bother me. :)

What I really hate about this whole movement / situation is this :

I have always known mostly reasonable people, both black and white. I was born in 1960, and never really saw a whole lot of racial prejudice. I dated a black girl in college, and she said that she didn't have any "racial prejudice" horror stories to tell me. Nothing too dramatic at all! (It probably didn't hurt that she was gorgeous; people generally seem to treat attractive women pretty well, I think.) I thought we were progressing to a point where race relations were getting much better, and that ugly stuff like race riots would be a thing of the past.

I guess I was wrong! I'm not the type of person to be in complete denial about racism -- it would take a crazy person to pretend that racism doesn't exist in America today.  But the "Black Lives Matter!" crowd seem to want to revel and wallow in every little incident, blow things out of proportion, promote anti-white hatred and violence, etc. They are as much of the problem as a Ku Klux Klanner or a neo-Nazi!  I really wish that we could get past all this foolishness.

And I realize that the vast majority of black Americans don't feel this way (like the BLM fanatics). All the black people that I deal with on a regular basis are nice and helpful people.  But it is frustrating to hear about the BLMers and their ridiculous shenanigans...

• Like 1

BLM is increasing racism with all their focus on race. I've heard of some group called White Lives Matter and although I don't know much about it, the label is just as bad and divisive (not to mention ignoring everyone who isn't black or white) as BLM. Movements like this give racism reason to come out of the woodwork. In good times we can all have a good laugh at crazy minorities like that like we do now at the WBC, but with black people on camera blocking roads and burning things, people may start to absorb racist viewpoints, even subconsciously. "Some people say black people are ignorant and violent; I'm seeing a lot of black people being ignorant and violent....hmmmm, maybe these people have a point..." Racism is never excusable, but it can be encouraged in people who otherwise might not be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCdGtPp1K9c This is what happens when people intentionally block the road. I don't advocate for running them over (except in an emergency, like an ambulance), and I hate people reveling in others getting hit, but it's a fact that not everyone will wait patiently for them to move. In the interest of protestors as well as everyone else, they need to stay out of the way of traffic. Notice that in this video, you can see people who were hit. It makes me sad that people are stupid enough to count on everyone not hitting them. And notice that they move out of the way, or try to, when someone decides not to be forced to sit around any longer. Clearly they weren't prepared to take the consequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjLy71Y34r8 And now for a happy ending: I thought you guys would enjoy this video of a car pushing through BLM protestors. They move out of the way and nobody gets killed. :)

I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I don't feel sorry for them when they do. They need to realize their actions come with follow-up and the world doesn't revolve around them. When they move out of the way for cars, it tells me their road-blocking routine is bravado and they aren't prepared to put themselves in harm's way for their cause. This also indicates they assumed that no one would really go through them, and that they are very childish in thinking the world will stop for them.

Blerk Lerves Merhter!!!!! Ehrmehrgerd!!!! Blerk Lerves Merhter!!!!!

What I really hate about this whole movement / situation is this :

I have always known mostly reasonable people, both black and white. I was born in 1960, and never really saw a whole lot of racial prejudice. I dated a black girl in college, and she said that she didn't have any "racial prejudice" horror stories to tell me. Nothing too dramatic at all! (It probably didn't hurt that she was gorgeous; people generally seem to treat attractive women pretty well, I think.) I thought we were progressing to a point where race relations were getting much better, and that ugly stuff like race riots would be a thing of the past.

I guess I was wrong! I'm not the type of person to be in complete denial about racism -- it would take a crazy person to pretend that racism doesn't exist in America today.  But the "Black Lives Matter!" crowd seem to want to revel and wallow in every little incident, blow things out of proportion, promote anti-white hatred and violence, etc. They are as much of the problem as a Ku Klux Klanner or a neo-Nazi!  I really wish that we could get past all this foolishness.

And I realize that the vast majority of black Americans don't feel this way (like the BLM fanatics). All the black people that I deal with on a regular basis are nice and helpful people.  But it is frustrating to hear about the BLMers and their ridiculous shenanigans...

Interesting to get an older person's perspective. Your birth year makes you the same age as my mother, who emigrated here in the 70s. Aside from the my grandfather having to deal with segregation when he moved here from India in the 60s, my family has never really faced overt racism either. I certainly haven't. I think the BLM narrative is that black people have always faced aggression from the police, and that only with the advent of smartphone technology is it finally being brought to the attention of white people. If we set aside the horrible things that BLM does and objectively address their claim, I think the fundamental problem is that they are acting as thought police.

When the law says that a white diner owner can refuse to serve a black customer, that is racism. But when a police officer of any color shoots an unarmed black male, is that racism? I would certainly classify it as police brutality. But racism? I said "...of any color" to highlight the fact that in these police shootings that have gained media attention, the aggressor isn't always black. In the St. Paul case he was native American, and in the Baltimore case several of the officers involved, as well as various government officials who could influence the investigation, were also black! A lot of people are wrongly killed by police officers, and what should bother us even more is that a lot of innocent people are wrongly convicted of felonies. In cases where a shooting is unjustified or a conviction is not accompanied by overwhelming evidence of guilt, these are injustices of the greatest degree. But to call them racism implies that we can know the minds of the perpetrators, and say that they are motivated by race. BLM is getting to the point at which every black person who meets the point of a bullet is a victim or racism. And as you allude, they are objecting to microaggressions. I recall that recently a gay pride parade was protested because BLM thought the organizers were anti-black, partly because they featured a police float.

As you say, BLM is creating racism. Though I once didn't even notice race, I now wonder if every black person I meet is a BLM supporter and possible protester who is going to do violence against me. As I've said before, I don't enjoy this thought process and I do attempt to suppress it, but it is something I must now deal with. I sincerely hope that the leaders of various BLM movements are arrested for the violence they have caused and imprisoned for as long as possible.

Apparently, black lives REALLY matter in Chicago...

Chicago police: August homicides highest in 20 years -- https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-police-90-homicides-august-472-shooting-victims-141512238.html?ref=gs

CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago saw its deadliest month in two decades in August, recording 90 homicides for the month, the city's police department said Thursday.

The last time the city recorded 90 killings in a month was August 1996, according to Chicago Police Department data. Last month, there were a total of 384 shooting incidents and 472 shooting victims, police said.

So ummm... Wouldn't that make them literal "speed bumps"? ;)