Goodbye Jesus

Black Lives Matter Protesters Chain Themselves To Road Near Heathrow Sparking Travel Chaos For Holidaymakers

Fweethawt

It should be legal in all states to run them over if they won't move. People need to get to work, pick up their kids from school or whatever (which is a safety issue, obviously) and protestors are stopping them from taking care of themselves and their dependents. I liked that somebody I saw on video pushed through the protestors, giving them time to get out of the way, but if they don't move, then we have lives that we need to get back to. I'm sick of people pandering to BLM because they're so afraid of being racist.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Super Moderator

A black man just can't get a break around here!

I'm no fan of blocking roads, and I don't care for riots and shooting cops.

But while we insist that blacks should protest peacefully we now see we can't tolerate one simply not standing for the National Anthem.

What is acceptable protest?

Cops in England don't even carry guns. Maybe they do now, but when i visited in the 90s they didn't.

No, UK police still do not carry guns, unless it is at an airport, or presumably other terrorist style targets. I dare say the Queen and PM have an armed police presence 

And we're assuming that people got mad at that guy who didn't stand for the anthem because he's black? Really? Americans can be very defensive of their patriotism and go overboard. Doesn't mean there's racism hidden somewhere.

I haven't followed the story because I don't strongly care one way or the another: I'm neither in the "he's bravely taking a stand" camp or Team Outraged Patriots. People have the right to stand or not. I do think it's disrespectful and a bit juvenile not to, but when we start demanding that people say the pledge or stand for the anthem or put their hand over their hearts and throwing a fit when they don't, it's crossing over into hive mind territory. Why go along with repetitive rituals because we have to, rather than because we want to? It takes away their meaning and betrays American values of personal liberty and individualism.

• Super Moderator
And we're assuming that people got mad at that guy who didn't stand for the anthem because he's black? Really? Americans can be very defensive of their patriotism and go overboard. Doesn't mean there's racism hidden somewhere.

My point was that there seems to be no acceptable way of protesting. Violence is no good and now even just not standing up is no good.

• Super Moderator

^No good for whom? I see nothing wrong with a guy not taking a stand for what he believes in.

Only loosely related to the topic at hand, but but I think it quite clearly demonstrates the hypocrisy and inconsistency of BLM and "anti-racism":

RedneckProf: I think florduh was trying to say that people object to BLM stopping traffic and everything else, and now they object to the guy not standing for the anthem. I didn't keep up with what was going on, so I can't say anything here.

rjn: Buzzfeed did a "Questions Black People Have for Black People" video in which they asked why black people use the word "nigger" if they object to white people using it. I can't believe this Buzzfeed series actually made sense for once. But that seems like a question the anti-SJW crowd would be asking, more than the SJWs would. Or at least I haven't heard any SJWs asking it up to this point.

• Super Moderator
^No good for whom? I see nothing wrong with a guy not taking a stand for what he believes in. 

99% of white Americans. WE are the 1%!!!!!!

And we're assuming that people got mad at that guy who didn't stand for the anthem because he's black? 

Its pretty clear that sentiment is mixed in there. 

Clear, how?

It should be legal in all states to run them over if they won't move. People need to get to work, pick up their kids from school or whatever (which is a safety issue, obviously) and protestors are stopping them from taking care of themselves and their dependents. I liked that somebody I saw on video pushed through the protestors, giving them time to get out of the way, but if they don't move, then we have lives that we need to get back to. I'm sick of people pandering to BLM because they're so afraid of being racist.

Sorry, but that just sounds like you want to legalize murder for the simple reason someone is making others late for work by blocking the road. Seriously?

Murder? They are intentionally getting in the way of people getting to work so they can feed themselves and their kids. Where as the victims have pointed out, they can get fired if they don't arrive on time, which means BLM is especially hurting low-income people. If police show up, then no, they should let them take care of it. But there have been cases of people sitting there for up to five hours. BLM chooses to screw around with other people's lives. I've seen videos of some of them getting hit, and it upsets me that many people on the Internet are blatantly enjoying that it happened to them. But I don't in the least feel sympathy for protestors who get hit because I don't pity selfish, manipulative jerks who put their wants above other people's lives.

Murder? They are intentionally getting in the way of people getting to work so they can feed themselves and their kids. Where as the victims have pointed out, they can get fired if they don't arrive on time, which means BLM is especially hurting low-income people. If police show up, then no, they should let them take care of it. But there have been cases of people sitting there for up to five hours. BLM chooses to screw around with other people's lives. I've seen videos of some of them getting hit, and it upsets me that many people on the Internet are blatantly enjoying that it happened to them. But I don't in the least feel sympathy for protestors who get hit because I don't pity selfish, manipulative jerks who put their wants above other people's lives.

If people are seriously being fired for being late for work when that is not their fault, due to matters beyond their control frankly I'd put that as more the fault of arsehole employers than the protestors as such. Either that or the capitalist system in general if someone points out such actions on the part of the employer are somehow "unavoidable".

Now I am not for protestors seriously inconveniencing the lives of ordinary people. i would probably understand if say a peeding car hits protestors standing in the middle of the road and hits them becauser they cannot stop in time, and the driver is not held liable. But deliberately hitting someone just because they will not get out of the way, being legally permissable, is a vastly disproprotionate use of force no matter how great the consequences of being held up, and to me is little better than legalized murder or extrajudicial killing.

Sorry, but that just sounds like you want to legalize murder for the simple reason someone is making others late for work by blocking the road. Seriously?

Ahh...I have had a cop, Florida Highway Patrolman, point blank tell me and others in the area I was, that he, as an officer and all the officers are under orders from the Governor, that if somebody intentionally blocks the road in the manner of BLM, they are to be arrested.  Additionally, he said that if the police are not around, and they block the road, that is deemed a form of assault.  Under Florida law, it is known as a "Castle Doctrine" state.  http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.013.html

It also extends to your car.  https://www.southuniversity.edu/whoweare/newsroom/blog/castle-doctrine-from-state-to-state-46514 

If they are menacing you, which intentionally blocking your way and forcibly refusing to let you pass, and they have been warned, you have the right to run them over or use some other form of deadly force.  Completely legal.  

That seems to be talking about if there is a serious perceived threat of death or serious injury only, which is perfectly normal self-defence and would be understandable. Simply blocking the way but not actually threatening to kill you- how does that count?

(Also in the context of the UK, I think what is considered reasonable use of force may well be handeled ifferently to in many parts of the US.)

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/09/20/pride-toronto-apologizes-to-black-lives-matter-over-parade-protest.html

So now we're apologizing to BLM for not letting them kick us around more than they already are. How pathetic.

BLM should be apologizing to Pride for appropriating their event and making demands on them to get it back! But we all know they won't, because they love to see people groveling and begging for their favor. It's absolutely unbelievable how acceptable rudeness (because I can't think of a better term right now) is considered if whoever is doing it is on the right side and their target is on the wrong side.

• Like 1