Goodbye Jesus

Israel

ironhorse

Ironhorse,

Please tell us what you will do to put things right in this thread.

Even if you did not intend to misuse God's word, your error (re : Genesis 12 : 3 ) still exists in your opening post.

It still has the potential to cause anyone reading it to stumble in their understanding of scripture.

To wrongly conclude that this verse refers only to the nation of Israel and not to both the nation of Israel and the person of Jesus.

Your error has been there since Nov 2 and it's now Dec 6.

I informed you of your error in this thread, explained your error in the 'Not Israel' thread and even PMed you all the relevant info.

So, if misusing the scriptures really is a big deal to you, what should you do in in this thread?

Please tell us. 

Ironhorse,

Even if you did not intend to misuse God's word, your error (re : Genesis 12 : 3 ) still exists in your opening post.

It still has the potential to cause anyone reading it to stumble in their understanding of scripture.

To wrongly conclude that this verse refers only to the nation of Israel and not to both the nation of Israel and the person of Jesus.

I informed you of your error in this thread, explained your error in the 'Not Israel' thread and even PMed you all the relevant info.

So, if misusing the scriptures really is a big deal to you, what should you do in in this thread?

Please tell us. 

(Bump!)

A copy of the above message has just been posted directly to Ironhorse's Inbox.

Unless he has me on ignore or treats my messages as spam, he will be aware that I've just PMed him.

I patiently await his reply here.

93    INT -- MAIN BUILDING HALLWAY -- DAY (1949) 93

DOLLYING Norton and Andy up the hall:

NORTON
        Not a dime. My budget's stretched
        thin as it is.

ANDY
        I see. Perhaps I could write to the
        State Senate and request funds
        directly from them.

NORTON
        Far as them Republican boys in
        Augusta are concerned, there's only
        three ways to spend the taxpayer's
        hard-earned when it come to prisons.
        More walls. More bars. More guards.

ANDY
        Still, I'd like to try, with your
        permission. I'll send a letter a
        week. They can't ignore me forever.

NORTON
        They sure can, but you write your
        letters if it makes you happy. I'll
        even mail 'em for you, how's that?

94    INT -- ANDY'S CELL -- NIGHT (1949) 94

Andy is on his bunk, writing a letter.

RED (V.O.)
        So Andy started writing a letter a
        week, just like he said.

95    INT -- GUARD DESK/NORTON'S OUTER OFFICE -- DAY (1949) 95

Andy pops his head in. The GUARD shakes his head.

RED (V.O.)
        And just like Norton said, Andy got
        no answers. But still he kept on.

100    INT -- GUARD DESK/NORTON'S OUTER OFFICE -- DAY (1953) 100

Andy enters and drops a letter on the outgoing stack.

RED (V.O.)
        And still he kept sending those
        letters... 

Ironhorse,

Please tell us. 

(Bump!)

(Re-bump!)

Unless he has me on ignore or treats my messages as spam, he will be aware that I've just PMed him.

• 2 weeks later...

First, since I did not see any threads about President Trumps speech Jan.20th in the Newsforum, I thought I would post my thoughts before continuing this thread. I posted a link on one pf Trump’s first actions related to Israel.

Jefferson Smith:The point is, sir, they're right. I'm just sitting in the Senate decorating a chair. Now, if-if I'm going to vote, I at least ought to try and study some of the bills that are coming up.

Senator Joseph Paine: The bills?

Jefferson Smith: Well, yes sir. Otherwise, I'm just a Christmas tiger, like they said.

Senator Joseph Paine: Jeff, these bills are put together by legal minds, after long study. Why, I-I-I can't understand ha-half of them myself - and I used to be a lawyer. Now, come on, forget it. When the time comes, I'll advise you how to vote.

~from the film Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

On January 29th 20016, Mr. Trump came to Washington and stuck it to the out-of-touch closed elite that acts on behalf of its own interests. The corrupt dominant elites (usually the orthodox politicians) and their camp followers (usually the rich and the intellectuals).

Trump’s speech was refreshingly unsophisticated. Unlike Obama’s speeches that railed on and on like an extended Grateful Dead song with a 40 minute jam session in between the drum solos. Trump’s speech was like a two minute Ramone’s song. He was direct and to the point. Almost half of his speech sounded like a Bernie Sander’s speech.

It rattled them. Seconds after it was over the mainstream media immediately jumped on it as crude, dark and unsophisticated speech, Chris Matthews called it Hitlerian. The Chicken Littles were all over scrambling to declare the end is near.

They still don’t get it. This is about the people.

Trump is not a Democrat or a Republican. He is not a conservative or a liberal.

He is a populist who understands that many Americans are sick and tired of the clowns in Washington. They want stuff done. They are sick of clowns trying to divide us and talking down to us. They are sick of taking most of the burden in managing the world ' hotspots and having our troops die in combat.

Now finally a president comes along and points all this garbage out and says he is going to help set a different agenda. He is going to give the power back to the we the people and work for us.

The tone in Washington is changing fast.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

President Trump is moving the American Embassy to Jerusalem.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-israel-idUSKBN14A06I

• Super Moderator

Well, halle-fucking-lujah!  A completely irrelevant post that has abso-fucking-lutely nothing to do with this thread.  Lift my leg and call me a dog, I'm now convinced that Israel is important somehow.

• Like 1

Come now, dear professor, tradition dictates that BAA is ignored by Ironhorse for an extended period of time. A relevant and timely answer may hurt us!

IH, How does shifting an embassy in any way promote the initial notion that Israel will be a blessing on all nations? In all likelihood its going to inflame Middle East tensions.

And if you think Trump is going to give power back to the people you are sadly mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...

Ironhorse,

Your error has been there since Nov 2 and it's now Dec 6. Feb 2.

Please tell us. 

(Bump!)

(Re-bump!)

(Re-re-bump!)

Ironhorse,

Your error has been there since Nov 2 and it's now Dec 6. Feb 13.

Please tell us. 

(Bump!)

(Re-bump!)

(Re-re-bump!)

(Re-re-re-bump!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2017 at 5:04 PM, bornagainathiest said:

(Re-re-re-bump!)

(Re-re-re-re-bump!)

• 2 weeks later...

Antisemitism has existed all through history and today is on the rise in Europe and other parts of the world.

Why? Why this hatred of the Jews people.

They make up only .23% of the world’s population yet some, in the past and today, want them destroyed.

The reason is because it was through them that God revealed himself and his Word to the world.

Kill all Jews and you eliminate the God of the Bible and in turn make the story of Christ invalid.

6 hours ago, ironhorse said:

Antisemitism has existed all through history and today is on the rise in Europe and other parts of the world.

They make up only .23% of the world’s population yet some, in the past and today, want them destroyed.

The reason is because it was through them that God revealed himself and his Word to the world.

Kill all Jews and you eliminate the God of the Bible and in turn make the story of Christ invalid.

Anti-Semitism hasn't existed all though history - its only been existent in any recognisable form in the last 2000 years

Racism and slavery on the other hand have existed for much of humanities history of the last 5,000. Humans have hated others from outside their comfort zone for... ever. Homosexuals are hated, blacks are hates, whites are hated. What is your point here?

The KKK wants to kills blacks, some people want to wipe out various other groups. Llwellyn thinks males will be gone one day. Again you are attempting to attach significance to a group of people that founded one of the major religions. Some people want to wipe Muslims from the earth. So some want Jews destroyed, some want Muslims destroyed, some want blacks destroyed. Humans can be terrible at times, why single out the Jews? 

"The reason is because it was through them that God revealed himself and his Word to the world."

This is mere assertion - can you back up the presupposed notion in your statement that God even exists?

Perhaps you'd like to research Martin Luther? He was a reformer, helped bring Christianity out of the dark ages. He took his message to the Jews about Jesus. They rejected him. He then preached that the Jews should be destroyed for rejecting Christ. At NO point was he trying to destroy the Bible or God. Hitler went on to adopt some of Luther's teachings. So no, killing the Jews will not kill God, people will still believe. You are attempting to draw a fantasy scenario where evil atheists are trying to kill the Jews to get rid of God. Care to back up your assertion?

Your argument was just torn down with one quick rebuttal post.

What is your reply?  Was Luther wrong?

The Jews reject Jesus so how does this work in your opinion? 

Ironhorse,

It still has the potential to cause anyone reading it to stumble in their understanding of scripture.

To wrongly conclude that this verse refers only to the nation of Israel and not to both the nation of Israel and the person of Jesus.

Your error has been there since Nov 2 and it's now Dec 6. Feb 13.   March 6.

I informed you of your error in this thread, explained your error in the 'Not Israel' thread and even PMed you all the relevant info.

Please tell us. 

(This is a re-re-re-re-re-bump!)

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, LogicalFallacy said:
On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:32 PM, ironhorse said:

Anti-Semitism hasn't existed all though history - its only been existent in any recognisable form in the last 2000 years

Racism and slavery on the other hand have existed for much of humanities history of the last 5,000. Humans have hated others from outside their comfort zone for... ever. Homosexuals are hated, blacks are hates, whites are hated. What is your point here?

The KKK wants to kills blacks, some people want to wipe out various other groups. Llwellyn thinks males will be gone one day. Again you are attempting to attach significance to a group of people that founded one of the major religions. Some people want to wipe Muslims from the earth. So some want Jews destroyed, some want Muslims destroyed, some want blacks destroyed. Humans can be terrible at times, why single out the Jews? 

"The reason is because it was through them that God revealed himself and his Word to the world."

This is mere assertion - can you back up the presupposed notion in your statement that God even exists?

Perhaps you'd like to research Martin Luther? He was a reformer, helped bring Christianity out of the dark ages. He took his message to the Jews about Jesus. They rejected him. He then preached that the Jews should be destroyed for rejecting Christ. At NO point was he trying to destroy the Bible or God. Hitler went on to adopt some of Luther's teachings. So no, killing the Jews will not kill God, people will still believe. You are attempting to draw a fantasy scenario where evil atheists are trying to kill the Jews to get rid of God. Care to back up your assertion?

It would appear that once again the Ironhorse has engaged in his favourite tactic... strike and fade.

Well LF,

Since I've asked Ironhorse the same question seven (7) times in this thread and six (6) times via the private messaging system and he hasn't answered it, I can only conclude that he can't hear me.  He 'shouted' at us in his post about antisemitism, so I'll try 'shouting' at him.  That way he might hear me and answer the question. 

;)

Ironhorse,

It still has the potential to cause anyone reading it to stumble in their understanding of scripture.

To wrongly conclude that this verse refers only to the nation of Israel and not to both the nation of Israel and the person of Jesus.

Your error has been there since Nov 2 and it's now Dec 6. Feb 13.   March 7.

I informed you of your error in this thread, explained your error in the 'Not Israel' thread and even PMed you all the relevant info.

Please tell us. 

(This is a re-re-re-re-re-re-bump!)

(I shouted this at Ironhorse, using the 'loudest' Font size I could manage.  72.)

Ironhorse,

Please tell us...

• 2 weeks later...

BAA, 

My first post in this thread:

A thread on all things Israel.

I thought I would start with this promised blessing from Genesis 12:

‘’…and all peoples on earth

will be blessed through you.”

I did NOT say this was the ONLY BLESSING in Gen.12:3.

I have stated that this blessings in Genesis 12 : 3 not only refers to the Jews but also to Jesus, the ultimate blessing.