Goodbye Jesus

I'm Back! And Completely Different. But The Same.

FreeThinkerNZ

Wow, that was a bit of an ideological u-turn! In any case, welcome back! I had no idea I had missed you until now, but I remember you were fairly active in the chat half a year ago and I sorta miss those days, so... good to have you back! smile.png

I identify as a psuedo-conservative hippie. Deep down in my confused heart, I'm quite the leftist, but the mainstream left and liberals of today piss me off, so I tend to play the devil's advocate and pretend I have oppositional defiant disorder wink.png

• Like 1

If I was younger I think I'd like to check out New Zealand or Australia as a place to live. I don't recognize the country I live in anymore. I don't hate my country but I feel like a stranger in a foreign land. I find myself wondering what happened to the country I was born & raised in? I've come to realize there are a lot of great places to live, other than the U.S.

There are way too many cities in the U.S. where violence is out of control & there seems to be no political will to reverse this trend. It's crazy & seemingly getting crazier every day.

• Like 3

If I was younger I think I'd like to check out New Zealand or Australia as a place to live. I don't recognize the country I live in anymore. I don't hate my country but I feel like a stranger in a foreign land. I find myself wondering what happened to the country I was born & raised in? I've come to realize there are a lot of great places to live, other than the U.S.

There are way too many cities in the U.S. where violence is out of control & there seems to be no political will to reverse this trend. It's crazy & seemingly getting crazier every day.

How come?

As with most places that political discussion goes on, we run the gamut. Thick skin is required to survive and thrive. Facts aren't the same for everyone and people can draw different conclusions from the same fact. We have reasonable people from both halves of the spectrum and we also have extremists as well. Fun! This place is a lot like real life!

And guys, back off. I was her first love around here. wub.png

True story xx

• Like 1

Wow, that was a bit of an ideological u-turn! In any case, welcome back! I had not idea I had missed you until now, but I remember you were fairly active in the chat half a year ago and I sorta miss those days, so... good to have you back! smile.png

I identify as a psuedo-conservative hippie. Deep down in my confused heart, I'm quite the leftist, but the mainstream left and liberals of today piss me off, so I tend to play the devil's advocate and pretend I have oppositional defiant disorder wink.png

Thanks for the welcome :) I remember you too! I like your approach to politics, I think I can learn from it.

There's no doubt lots of research about urban crime that I'm not citing but I've heard hypotheses about early childhood care, home life, lots of Dads being absent, many in prison etc. Urban education is often pretty crappy, with single digit literacy levels many years into schooling in some places.  Whatever US cities have been doing hasn't worked so maybe they need to try something different. Forcing parents to enrol kids in the nearest school does nothing to incentivise school improvement, we've seen that in NZ. Unemployment is a factor, so is mental health care, drug use, and the corrections system.  I think if I lived in the US I'd want to live outside the bigger cities if possible.

Welcome back! Despite indicating you wanted to stop binary thinking (and I hope you'll forgive me for saying it), but it sounds like you went from drinking the blue Koolaid to the red, lol! Personally, I'm with geezer. I'm an independent trying to find the sanity somewhere in between.

Good to see you back in any case wink.png

Aw, what's this "in any case" stuff, lol. I'm ready to do battle against the feminazis that have infiltrated German politics and society smile.png

Now that made me grin :P

That said, I've also learned things about drumpf that are never mentioned in Goebbels TV, like, ever. I do see some potential in him as a person, though I'm much less sure about his "fans" and the ones he'll have to take to task to build the new administration.

In the worst case he's a moron, plain and simple. But I have to admit, that could still be quite a bit better than the smart and sleazy wicked witch of the west.

Bottom line, we'll have to wait and see.

Hoping for the best ;)

Welcome back FTNZ!!    I'm glad to see the seeds I planted in your brain finally took root.   wink.png  

Now let's get busy and Make the Chatroom Great Again! 

• Like 2

Wow, so now you are just going to repeat Ann Coulter nonsense ad nauseam? Great.  

Bwahahaha!  Sucks for you. Embrace the suck and carry your "Not My President" sign while you can.  You too will be assimilated.

• Like 2

Welcome back FTNZ!! I'm glad to see the seeds I planted in your brain finally took root. wink.png

Oh my... I can see the hickies forming on her butt from here.

Are there political POEs?

Free, might you be one?

Welcome back FTNZ!! I'm glad to see the seeds I planted in your brain finally took root. wink.png

Oh, you like to watch, is that it? Freak.

Welcome back! Despite indicating you wanted to stop binary thinking (and I hope you'll forgive me for saying it), but it sounds like you went from drinking the blue Koolaid to the red, lol! Personally, I'm with geezer. I'm an independent trying to find the sanity somewhere in between.

An oversimplification. I've been all over the map politically for 25 years, just found a set a policies that I happen to mostly agree with. Isn't that the essence of being an Indy? To decide on the merit of the issues at the time, not the party? The current Democrats are at least as right wing as the GOP always was. There is no viable left wing US party atm.

Trump's an Indy IMO. If we never take a stand when it's needed, we'll get nothing. Or worse, we'll get the candidate who is dangerous.  Many who voted for neither might think they occupy some sort of moral high ground but all they did was risk getting Hillary. My conscience would never have allowed me to do that, if I had a US vote.

• Like 1

Welcome back FTNZ!!    I'm glad to see the seeds I planted in your brain finally took root.   wink.png  

Yes, it seems they did! And I didn't even notice it happening, lol.

If our presence in the chat room deters the leftists, at least we'll be able to get drunk together and talk sex.

Good to see you back in any case wink.png

Aw, what's this "in any case" stuff, lol. I'm ready to do battle against the feminazis that have infiltrated German politics and society smile.png

Now that made me grin tongue.png

That said, I've also learned things about drumpf that are never mentioned in Goebbels TV, like, ever. I do see some potential in him as a person, though I'm much less sure about his "fans" and the ones he'll have to take to task to build the new administration.

In the worst case he's a moron, plain and simple. But I have to admit, that could still be quite a bit better than the smart and sleazy wicked witch of the west.

Bottom line, we'll have to wait and see.

Hoping for the best wink.png

I'm not saying Trump is perfect, he was simply the way to stop the Clintons and as a bonus he has a successful attitude towards free enterprise, anti-PC and avoiding dumb wars for oil as much as possible. If you have negative claims about him, provide your evidence and we'll assess it. Everything I've seen so far is either laughably fake, actually makes him look better (taxes), or utterly inconsequential. But I aim to be open minded about new evidence on anything in life until the day I die.

You're disgusting but strangely endearing. 

Free, might you be one?

Sorry, I'm going to need that initialism spelled out. Googling it didn't tell me what it means.

If our presence in the chat room deters the leftists, at least we'll be able to get drunk together and talk sex.

And they said the day of miracles was over.  spanka.gif   68.gif

I'd be glad you were back even if you hadn't changed your mind about anything.  

• Like 1

And they said the day of miracles was over.  spanka.gif   68.gif

Aw, shucks. I would have felt the same way about you too. You're a lot more interesting than you give yourself credit for sometimes.

Gotta run but might see you in chat later?  wub.png

Free, might you be one?

Sorry, I'm going to need that initialism spelled out. Googling it didn't tell me what it means.
Exactly... I don't even bother with abbreviations anymore. If making a point isn't important enough to spell out the words, then it isn't important enough to read.

And they said the day of miracles was over. spanka.gif68.gif

Oh my god... Too much tongue!

Free, might you be one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

How have I missed this thread so far???!

I have really missed you FT! I'm glad you're back.

You know I love you most.

• Like 1

And they said the day of miracles was over. spanka.gif68.gif

Oh my god... Too much tongue!

Not sure that's possible unless you stick in on a frozen flagpole.