Goodbye Jesus

Arrival

Fweethawt

This new take on the old alien visitor movie probably isn't at all what you think. It's something much better.

Plus, it has Amy Adams. :wub:

I think this movie pretty much nails how simple and narrow minded most all of humanity's best minds can be, especially in times of perceived crisis.

It also goes on to touch on (as best as any movie can) the concepts of the fluidity of time and how humans can expand their thinking if they could just learn to break through the mental barriers that only allow us to comprehend time as being linear.

That's my take on it as of now. I will probably see this one several more times so I may better understand it.

This movie is a real piece of art and very thought provoking.

Plus, it has Amy Adams. :wub:

It's in theaters now. Go see it! This is a thinking person's movie! :)

Sadly my friends won't like it... why.. because its a thinking persons movie. That means I'll enjoy it.

Amy Adams you say... oh dear red heads are my Achilles heel :P;)

Amy Adams you say... oh dear red heads are my Achilles heel :P;)

She can make any man melt in his pants...

Come back and give your opinion if you see it.

I know I left the theater with a "What the fuck???", then I was like, "Oh!", then I was like, "Holy shit! That is pretty cool! Gotta see it again!" :)

I enjoy "good" science fiction. I think I'll enjoy this one.

Kinda spoiler-ish...

Review: Aliens Drop Anchor in ‘Arrival,’ but What Are Their Intentions? -- http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/movies/arrival-review-amy-adams-jeremy-renner.html?referrer=google_kp&_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

Arrival is a science-fiction parable in a distinctly more idealistic hopeful key than most movies in this genre, one in which the best solutions don’t necessarily materialize in a gun sight. It has a little action, a bit of violence and clenched-jawed jittery men. Mostly, it has ideas and hope, as well as eerie extraterrestrials who face off with a soulful linguist-heroine, Louise Banks (Amy Adams), the story’s voice of reason and its translator. She’s thoughtful, serious, at ease with her own silence and fears. She’d get along fine with Sandra Bullock’s character in “Gravity,” which like this movie leans into feeling and thinking, and reminds you again that there’s more to this genre than heavy artillery.

Saw it on Sunday. Loved it! Amy Adams!!!

Agree with you on how it illustrates mans thinking during times of perceived "crisis." 

On another somewhat related note... I do agree with Hawking. We should not be trying to contact these beings. This movie is best case... Reality is, that hardly ever works out. 

But then again... Maybe we really are still that primitive and our lack of unity is a shining example of that and thus, that's why they won't talk to us.

Saw it on Sunday. Loved it! Amy Adams!!! :wub:

Agree with you on how it illustrates mans thinking during times of perceived "crisis."

On another somewhat related note... I do agree with Hawking. We should not be trying to contact these beings. This movie is best case... Reality is, that hardly ever works out.

But then again... Maybe we really are still that primitive and our lack of unity is a shining example of that and thus, that's why they won't talk to us.

I fixed that for you. :)

Saw it on Sunday. Loved it! Amy Adams!!! wub.png

I fixed that for you. smile.png

Hahaha werd!  Jeebus she's amazing. 

"Drink her bathwater, I would." 

-Yoda 

Hahaha werd! Jeebus she's amazing.

-Yoda

I'd pick the corn out of her poop.

Hahaha werd! Jeebus she's amazing.

-Yoda

I'd pick the corn out of her poop.

"I would do anything for love, but I won't do that."

-Meatballs, or Lasagna or Meat Loaf or whatever the fuck.

Very interesting film! Saw it tonight and was impressed.