Goodbye Jesus

Pentecostal Money-Making Schemes

LordProtectorOliverCromwell

On Friday I went with my mum and siblings to our usual Friday prayers with that top man, "Prophet" David. He did the usual: gave a sermon then began his "prophecies", including telling one woman that there was a demonic plan to give her cancer of the womb, which we then prayed against. Another was told that if he went to Ivory Coast with his wife, she would be killed by her demonic relatives.

At the end of the service he did his usual money-making magic, most strikingly saying that "God told me that 40 people should give £10". It was duly done. £400 in one night from a load of gullible people. I'm almost tempted to become a "prophet" myself. Outside he was selling his oil, T-shirts and towels as usual. He must be a rich man.

Good thing I filmed the whole service. He is surely screwed when I send these videos to the mainstream media.

Do you have any Pentecostal money-making stories of your own?

• Haha 1

LPOC, check with a moderator to make sure it's ok, but I'm sure a lot of us would love to see that video.

Pentecostal money making stories of my own? Yes I have some, but I don't want to reveal right now how gullible religion made me back in the day.

I thought the entirety of most all religions was to scam money out of people?

• Like 1

LPOC, check with a moderator to make sure it's ok, but I'm sure a lot of us would love to see that video.

I'd love to show it :)

• Super Moderator

I'd love to show it smile.png

DO NOT POST ANY VIDEOS ON THIS WEBSITE WITHOUT GETTING PRIOR APPROVAL FROM THE MODERATORS. If the video makes it to mainstream media, feel free to post a link to it. 

DO NOT POST ANY VIDEOS ON THIS WEBSITE WITHOUT GETTING PRIOR APPROVAL FROM THE MODERATORS. If the video makes it to mainstream media, feel free to post a link to it. 

Seriously? People post links to YouTube all the time.

With all the threats of violence and sick talk he's been putting here, I get the moderators and Dave don't want to deal with a potential shitstorm if something happens to this pastor and the mainstream media, especially the conservative fox-news types, decides Ex-C is a den of satan. 

• Like 7

• Super Moderator

From the Terms of Service:

Ex-Christian.Net strongly believes in freedom of speech. We believe everybody should have the freedom to post whatever they like on their own websites, within the boundaries of the law. Anyone who finds the moderation policies of this site too constraining is free to create another website tailored to fit his or her personal preferences.

Discussion of Moderation (added December 31, 2013)

There must be no public discussion of the moderation of posts or members on the forums. In all cases of dispute, members are to first attempt dialogue with the Moderation staff by Private Message (PM). To ensure the privacy of such matters, these discussions are considered part of moderation between members and staff, and may not be publicly discussed on this site. Final appeals will be decided by the administrator. General issues and concerns about moderation can also be directed to the site administrator.

In addition, members whose posts were acted upon (either edited or deleted), may not re-post the post or thread anywhere on the forum without staff's permission. Members who ignore moderation after a reasonable amount of time, through PM or otherwise, will incur further action, such as restriction of the account.

Fair enough. Sry for interrupting!

(Really, I mean it, I'm not even being sarcastic! ;))

Lard, I thank Thee that I pre-ambled my statement to LPOC with the disclaimer "check with a moderator to make sure it's ok". smile.png

LPOC, I hadn't read everything you posted lately until others pointed out that you had some anger issues. To an extent, I can't tell if you might be joking or using hyperbole, but if not then I have to agree with the mods and the others that have spoken to you about slowing down a bit, and realizing that for many it's natural to be angry when you first de-convert. There are better ways to express it though than acting like that which you claim to hate. 

I hope, if you are serious, that you stick around and share your issues with us and listen to the advice you receive. I had some big anger issues when I first came here years ago myself and trust me, it gets better. Not because the crap that made you angry changes, but because with time, you change.

• Like 5

Lard, I thank Thee that I pre-ambled my statement to LPOC with the disclaimer "check with a moderator to make sure it's ok". smile.png

The holy fruitcake worketh through thee mightily my brother.

• Like 1

The holy fruitcake worketh through thee mightily my brother.

Lo, it's a gift.

It seems that I have been blessed by the Lard above others, for I am chosen to be an idiot-savant, without that pesky savant part.

• Like 1

A local Pente church had this on their FB page for a very short time (paraphrasing):

"We need people to COMMIT to God's work! We need 100x100! A hundred people to give a hundred euros!"

I forget if it was per month, just once, or what. I also do not know why they removed it so fast.

There's also word going around that the very church I used to attend has been collecting money from people illegally for some sixteen years, and they are facing a massive fine. Whoops.

They just recently built new wings to the church building and all, so we'll see how things go.

In that church I sure was bombarded with "give so much that you truly can feel it!" and "I've been so blessed since I started giving more!".

I wonder why no one ever stuffed money through my mail slit or made mysterious money transfers to my bank account, like it happens in their stories. Oh wait - not enough faith, not enough giving, secret sinful thoughts, that must be it.

• Like 1

And in my own back yard... the guy in this report has a great get rich quick scheme: MONEY, SHOW ME THE MONEY. 6:34 for the money show.

Apparently Jesus preached about being prosperous... I missed that bit. I was too concentrated on the sell everything and follow me bit!

• Like 2

On Friday I went with my mum and siblings to our usual Friday prayers with that top man, "Prophet" David. He did the usual: gave a sermon then began his "prophecies", including telling one woman that there was a demonic plan to give her cancer of the womb, which we then prayed against. Another was told that if he went to Ivory Coast with his wife, she would be killed by her demonic relatives.

At the end of the service he did his usual money-making magic, most strikingly saying that "God told me that 40 people should give £10". It was duly done. £400 in one night from a load of gullible people. I'm almost tempted to become a "prophet" myself. Outside he was selling his oil, T-shirts and towels as usual. He must be a rich man.

Good thing I filmed the whole service. He is surely screwed when I send these videos to the mainstream media.

Send your video to the IRS.

Regarding becoming a prophet, actors make absurd amounts of money and dont feel guilty. Same for professional athletes. Other professions seem to not provide much of a service yet people are happy to throw their money at them. Just get yourself a nice backstory going, network with some pastors and  you're on the traveling preacher circuit. :)

midniterider - the donations are TAX FREE.

The church doesn't have to pay tax on donations income!!

Only the pastors wage and income from other activities can be taxed.

• Like 1

Send your video to the IRS.

I live in the UK.

midniterider - the donations are TAX FREE.

The church doesn't have to pay tax on donations income!!

Only the pastors wage and income from other activities can be taxed.

Oh, that's right. Doh!

remember back then when pastor crefo dollar wanted a new shiny aeroplane?

asking 200,000 member of his congregation to donate 300 dollar each lol

crowdfunding works because stupid people think the number is small

• Like 1

Speaking of money and the afterlife, where I live several retired pastors (or pastors who have been removed from their religious offices) have become investment advisors. I have no idea what education is required to do this, but I do know that the pastors I had had at most an unrelated (or worse, a theology) undergraduate degree, and at the least, they barely finished high school.

It is odd that ex-pastors are becoming investment advisors.

But then I guess that is what their evangelical jobs entailed, no? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/02/2017 at 11:19 AM, LordProtectorOliverCromwell said:

At the end of the service he did his usual money-making magic, most strikingly saying that "God told me that 40 people should give £10".

One answer to that is, "It's odd he didn't tell the 40 people, he only told you."

Casey

• 1 year later...
On 12/02/2017 at 1:19 AM, LordProtectorOliverCromwell said:

This is a new thing: 2 pastors prayed for me and asked my father to bring some water and both of them told me to drink the water.

These were on 2 separate occasions. 

The second idiotic pastor told me to wash my face with it after drinking it. I did not wash my face with it, I just made him think I did. 

Both these happened in my house. 

They are inventing new ways to stay in business.