Goodbye Jesus

Alternatives To Saying 'god Bless You'

Wittyusername

I actually had a guy sneeze in front of me twice in a row this morning and my mind went to the thread. I figured well.... I'm just not gonna say anything and see how it goes. As far as I know he didn't think anything of it and kept talking.

DB

I sneezed violently twice whilst walking past the outdoor tables of a cafe yesterday.  The only response was laughter...

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I sneezed violently twice whilst walking past the outdoor tables of a cafe yesterday.  The only response was laughter...

And that made me laugh!  :P

I have similar hang ups. I still say "God knows" as in when I got in an arguement with the lead at work I said the next day "God only knows what he told the manager" but God doesn't know because god doesn't exist. But I've said it so long it's like second nature. 

Also "oh my god" "good god" as in good God! What are you doing? Don't do that lol. And probably some similar ones that I don't realise I'm saying.

I have come quite fond of "Goddamn" tho. I can Goddamn about anything now. And another fun variation is Goddamnit.  And I like the born again version with "Fucking Christ" Lmao!

DB 

I use Good god as an intentional play in discord chat lol.

Someone makes a comment....

Me: Oh good god!

:D 

• Like 1

My post-sneeze remark is always, "science save you". If anyone asks why I say that, I tell them it is because science is more effective than god's blessing. Few sneeze twice in my presence; and I'm okay with that.

^For the record, I laughed straight out loud at this one. 

If I am the only one in a room with someone who sneezes, I'll say "Oh goodness! Well bless you" and then kinda laugh. If other people are there, I'll let them do it. I never said "god bless you" as a christian and it was never a "god thing" to say it to someone else, I just recognized it as a cultural norm. So...I guess bless you is better than hollering "BEHOLD THE CURSES OF BEELZEBUB" and being all dramatic about it. Just cover your mouth, goddammit.