Goodbye Jesus

Why the board change?

Citsonga

2 hours ago, Daffodil said:

No complaints here, although I look forward to being able to filter the forums I want to view again in time.  I was just curious is all. Progress always comes with glitches!  Thankful for you guys, Kevin!

The thread about OMG the boring post thread has been padlocked is probably padlocked again or will be soon is your fault and Margee's fault because you guys didn't post there often enough to keep it interesting?

Shameless self promotion about my toenails thwarted? Check. Damn you all, but check.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Margee said:

We're all in this together! I'm also trying to make my way around the new board. Let's all help each other!  :58:

Anything you say Margee. 

1 hour ago, Fweethawt said:

I see what you mean

You see what who means, asshat? Geeze.

Ability to spank Fweethawt with impunity with an attempt at humor? Check.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Thanks.  I don't seem to have the "Reputation activity" option, though.  Maybe it's just not available yet.

Jesus H. Christ, Prof! Again with the reputation points?

I gave you one. Happy?  Cripe. Get over yourself. Is that the only reason you post here?

Ability to go off on people I respect for no reason?  Check.

So then, although it seems that the unbroken had to be fixed, my beefs are that the new place seems colorless, and I might add that the emojis seem to be limited now.

Plus, when I hit enter on the keyboard, the cursor goes down two lines instead of one, which makes it difficult to formulate a paragraph.

On the other hand, we all gave up Christianity in the face of impending and certain Hellfire and damnation, so getting used to the new format shouldn't be all that hard to do. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, REBOOT said:

If you guys impeach trump, I'm fine with this new board :58:

REBOOT, you have impending issues in your own country. Instead of peeking through our windows here in the States, maybe you should look to your own home first? 

Unless you are just trolling, in which case IMHO, fuck off.

Here's a vid from a guy that also has the Queen's mug on his money...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Fncn-DjgM

Please don't turn this into a political thread. ;)

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I'm quite willing to learn the new system, but it took me six minutes to arrive at this page and I can just hope this entry will actually post. Guys, for me this is unworkable at this point. I'm just going to avoid the frustration for a few days and check back next week to see if it's working. Weird how it works for some and not for others. Ciao!

• Super Moderator

Although I've had no problems signing in, every time I do sign in this place looks different from the last time I was here. With each day, the site does seem to get better and a little more familiar/similar to the "old" way, but I still haven't found things I knew were here before.   

I'm also having the same issue of doublespacing when hitting "enter" -- that happened on the last upgrade of my email too.  Annoying.

I found that with the emoticons, if you click the arrow at categories, you can switch from the "overview" which only has a few emoticons to the other option that shows 140 of them.  Also, if you happen to remember the name of the emoticon, you can type that in and you might find what you're looking for.  Example:  I typed in the word blow and found you-know-what....   

:lmao:

Reboot.

One word. 

"Enough"

You seem intelligent enough to understand that this IS a tech help section.

Keep it that way.

kevinL

Single spacing for me here and now is having to use Shift+Space. That gives me single rather than doubled.

kL

• Admin

The carriage return is now set for one space instead of two. :bounce:

In other words, no more double

spacing when using

the carriage return...

Is there a way to get back the feature that sends email notifications when someone posts in a thread I have been following?

• Admin

Managed Followed Content is found under your name in the upper right hand corner. 

Once you've clicked the link, you'll see a listing of your followed content. You can change your preferences for each thread and add email notifications there. 

Thanks, Dave, but when I checked, everything was still checked the way I had it before and I'm still not getting emails.  Maybe it's still glitchy from the changeover?

• Admin

You have to change each topic you're following one by one. Did you do that? The default is notifications only. To receive emails, you have to individually subscribe to each followed topic. If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll look more into it.

• Admin

I just checked your account, and all of the topics you are following are set to board notification. I changed two of the topics to once a day email notifications. You'll need to click on the "preferences" link on each followed topic and change your selection from "instant (board) notification" to one of the email notification options. 

Dave, maybe you can help with this one:  at the new Unread Content page, I can select the Content Types filter, and happily select the forum areas I'm interested in.  And I see a filtered list in my Unread Content page - great!  But these settings don't stick!  I don't even have to log out: if I just leave and come back, bingo - Content Types is back to 'All Content'.

Thanks for all you do...

• Admin
1 hour ago, Daffodil said:

Thanks, Dave, but when I checked, everything was still checked the way I had it before and I'm still not getting emails.  Maybe it's still glitchy from the changeover?

You can also go into your account "settings" and change your default notification settings to email. That will eliminate having to manually change each topic you follow.

• Admin
23 minutes ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

Dave, maybe you can help with this one:  at the new Unread Content page, I can select the Content Types filter, and happily select the forum areas I'm interested in.  And I see a filtered list in my Unread Content page - great!  But these settings don't stick!  I don't even have to log out: if I just leave and come back, bingo - Content Types is back to 'All Content'.

Thanks for all you do...

The "Unread Content" link appears to simply default back to unread content after each use. What you may want to try is clicking on "activity" in the nav bar at the top of the page. look for the "My Activity Streams" link that appears and click on it. Then, create a new activity stream with the parameters that are important to you. Let me know how it goes for you.

7 minutes ago, webmdave said:

The "Unread Content" link appears to simply default back to unread content after each use. What you may want to try is clicking on "activity" in the nav bar at the top of the page. look for the "My Activity Streams" link that appears and click on it. Then, create a new activity stream with the parameters that are important to you. Let me know how it goes for you.

I had tried the Activity Stream earlier and it didn't work then:  I had already set up forum sections to 'follow', and then set the activity stream to show me followed content.  But it never showed me anything.  This time I created a new activity stream and instead selected Topics under Content Type.  This did the trick and works the way I want.

Thanks Dave - yoodaman!

I just got an email, so maybe it's working now.  Thanks Dave!

The new look has spunk. And just like Lou Grant, I hate spunk!

just kidding. The board probably needed a face lift. 

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
On 2/27/2017 at 6:35 AM, florduh said:

I'm quite willing to learn the new system, but it took me six minutes to arrive at this page and I can just hope this entry will actually post. Guys, for me this is unworkable at this point. I'm just going to avoid the frustration for a few days and check back next week to see if it's working. Weird how it works for some and not for others. Ciao!

So today it seems to be working for me. Perhaps I just had a curse on me.

• Like 1

• Admin

OK, good.

This was a total update, so there were a lot of changes. I'm still tweaking things as I'm able. Let me know if there are other issues. Most of the old features are still available, and others have been added, but you might have to click around a bit to find them all. Features are in different places than before.