Jump to content

Why the board change?


Recommended Posts

Okay, I'm officially on board with the new board. I like it. (Do I get a prize, coupon, or something? Probably not. Okay, I still like the changes.)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't seem to track my reputation points anymore.  This is very important for an egotistic narcissist like myself.

Please don't turn this into a political thread.

See, this is why I'm asking.  I'd hate to think I've been waiting all these years to "like" mod posts, only to discover that the mods can't tell I "liked" them.  It might not bother you; but I'd wager

  • Moderator
On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:50 AM, florduh said:

So today it seems to be working for me. Perhaps I just had a curse on me.

Satanic woowoo? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I access this forum using a laptop with Windows 10 using Chrome. 

 

I am constantly buffering. Pages take several seconds to load. If I scroll up or down it freezes.  I can foresee myself spending a lot less time on here now. 

 

Change is unavoidable. This just seems incompatible for me now. Just saying... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin
On 2/28/2017 at 9:50 AM, florduh said:

So today it seems to be working for me. Perhaps I just had a curse on me.

 

On 3/11/2017 at 10:18 AM, Stamps1962 said:

I access this forum using a laptop with Windows 10 using Chrome. 

 

I am constantly buffering. Pages take several seconds to load. If I scroll up or down it freezes.  I can foresee myself spending a lot less time on here now. 

 

Change is unavoidable. This just seems incompatible for me now. Just saying... 

 

 

Made some changes. Let me know if the experience has improved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator

Before the board change, my phone would automatically take me to the first unread post in a thread.  Is there anyway it could start doing that again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin
4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

 

Before the board change, my phone would automatically take me to the first unread post in a thread.  Is there anyway it could start doing that again?

 

 

@TheRedneckProfessor: If you "follow" a topic, you'll receive notification when a new comment is posted and clicking the notification will take you to that comment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not able to enter new topics or reply to existing topics in Chrome. Just for grins I fired up Microsoft's new Edge browser, and it all works fine, though a bit slow, but that may be my Net provider since it's satellite and the weather is bad here right now. The Talking Snake is magically causing it to rain. Glory!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Works "Mostly fine" for me using Seamonkey ( Old mozilla suite fork ).

 

Only problem I have is any site error messages don't display, and instead redirect to a blank page. Even the source code of the redirected page has nothing in it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator

Is it possible to see who has "liked" a particular post, like it used to be?  If so, how?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Is it possible to see who has "liked" a particular post, like it used to be?  If so, how?

Is this how you fish for likes?  ;-)

Do you see my name next to your like button on post #61?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
1 hour ago, TrueFreedom said:

Is this how you fish for likes?  ;-)

Do you see my name next to your like button on post #61?

The answer to both questions would be, "no".

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The answer to both questions would be, "no".

We might need to fix that then.  I can see who liked what, but I have mod powers, so that might be a factor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
Just now, TrueFreedom said:

We might need to fix that then.  I can see who liked what, but I have mod powers, so that might be a factor.

See, this is why I'm asking.  I'd hate to think I've been waiting all these years to "like" mod posts, only to discover that the mods can't tell I "liked" them.  It might not bother you; but I'd wager florduh cries himself to sleep over it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

I have no issue seeing who likes what so its not a mod issue - if that narrows things down

 

Could it be a browser issue?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
1 minute ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I have no issue seeing who likes what so its not a mod issue - if that narrows things down

 

Could it be a browser issue?

 

 

 

 

Raise your hand if you use Chrome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator

I'm using Chrome on WIndows 8.1 (don't ask) and seeing who liked what.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
31 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Raise your hand if you use Chrome.

I use both chrome and internet explorer.

 

I can confirm I can see likes on both browsers

 

TF... 8.1... are you ok? Would you like help? :D

 

I think TRP its a conspiracy by the mods to stop you from seeing who likes who :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
19 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I think TRP its a conspiracy by the mods to stop you from seeing who likes who :D

They're jealous I get more likes than they do. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got a new phone and the site appears to be working fine with it. I'm posting from my phone for the first time now.

 

Oh, and regarding the question about seeing who "liked" a post, I see it just fine on my new Samsung S5, and it's been showing up fine for me with Firefox on Windows 10 and I believe with Internet Explorer on Windows 7 (I'll have to double check that last one when I get a chance, but I'm pretty confident).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on a samsung tab A if that makes a difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator

Maybe it's just me, then.  I get notifications that tell me that "somebody" liked my post in whatever thread; and under the actual post, there's just a little bar that says "1 person likes this".  I've tried clicking on various things; but to no avail.

 

@webmdave is there something wrong with my account?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin
On 3/28/2017 at 3:17 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

@webmdave is there something wrong with my account?

 

@TheRedneckProfessor: Made a correction. You should be able to see who liked your posts now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Moderator
16 minutes ago, webmdave said:

 

@TheRedneckProfessor: Made a correction. You should be able to see who liked your posts now. 

Thanks Dave.  It seems to have worked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.