ExPCA

Sh** christians have said to you

On 12/4/2017 at 8:13 AM, ag_NO_stic said:

So, I go out to eat with my family for my brother's birthday. My parents, siblings, husband, brother's wife, all there. My dad loudly from across the table says "Jessica, are you gonna be ok with me praying over the meal?" It was SO embarrassing. Even as a Christian, I wasn't ok with it, because Jesus was clear that public praying is such attention/praise-seeking behavior. Like seriously? I don't believe in your god but I'll look down at the floor if it will mean getting out of here without conflict.

Dad, do you love me? I'm just checking.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ANNOYING COMMERCIAL BREAKS IN THE CONVERSATION:

As with everything these days, the cost of keeping the Ex-C forum up and running has been rising. Inflation? In part, but the primary reason is this: As participation in the forums grows, costs increase. The Ex-C forums will remain free of charge to everyone, but if you believe this little corner of the Internet provides value to you or others, and you feel inclined to help keep us online, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a regular contributor. Contribution options appear under the "Upgrade" link above, and can be accessed by clicking here.

Oh, and as an incentive (no, you won't be given any bogus promises of eternal bliss), if you do become a regular contributor by signing up for any monthly or yearly patron package, this annoying ADVO will disappear.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled conversation...

On 12/4/2017 at 8:13 AM, ag_NO_stic said:

So, I go out to eat with my family for my brother's birthday. My parents, siblings, husband, brother's wife, all there. My dad loudly from across the table says "Jessica, are you gonna be ok with me praying over the meal?" It was SO embarrassing. Even as a Christian, I wasn't ok with it, because Jesus was clear that public praying is such attention/praise-seeking behavior. Like seriously? I don't believe in your god but I'll look down at the floor if it will mean getting out of here without conflict.

Same thing with some of my relatives. Once an uncle of mine talked shit about my mom as she laid seriously ill in the hospital due to black mold.  Then an hour later we were at a restaurant and he was praying out loud thanking his god for the food and to heal my mom. 

On 12/5/2017 at 10:37 AM, ag_NO_stic said:

Yes, my dad borderline hollered at the restaurant with a bit of a.....taunting, pious tone if I was going to have a problem with him praying, it was decently snide. I was very personally humiliated, since I wasn't looking to make a fuss.

I'm not feeling very hungry anymore, Dad. Goodbye, all.

Yup.

Mrs. MOHO will look around the room at a restaurant to make sure everyone sees her demonstrative invocation. It's very important to her that the world observe her self-righteous behavior.  But that's only because she truly IS better than everyone else.    ^_^

We all know (and she probably does too - just like @ag_NO_stic's father does) that their book flatly states no public praying.

Farging cherry pickers, they are! 

8 hours ago, MOHO said:

Yup.

Mrs. MOHO will look around the room at a restaurant to make sure everyone sees her demonstrative invocation. It's very important to her that the world observe her self-righteous behavior.  But that's only because she truly IS better than everyone else.    ^_^

We all know (and she probably does too - just like @ag_NO_stic's father does) that their book flatly states no public praying.

Farging cherry pickers, they are! 

Find a louder restaurant. 7pm on Saturday night can be good. :)

• Like 1

“The bible doesn’t speak to everything in life directly, but it speaks indirectly about everything in life.”

8 minutes ago, ExPCA said:

“The bible doesn’t speak to everything in life directly, but it speaks indirectly about everything in life.”

The bible doesn't say much about the new Intel multicore processors, that I've noticed.

But, maybe that's because I don't have the Holy Spirit in me.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 4:53 PM, midniterider said:

The bible doesn't say much about the new Intel multicore processors, that I've noticed.

But, maybe that's because I don't have the Holy Spirit in me.

It's right there in Revelations! Those processors will be the mark of the beast implanted in hands and foreheads. You'd know that if you had the holy ghost! 

;)