Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ExPCA

Sh** christians have said to you

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, shelleymak6376 said:

Literally, just saw this....   "When GOD doesn't seem to answer our prayers in the way we want them to be answered, that doesn't mean God doesn't love us. It's just the opposite.☺"

 

So by God not healing my 12yr old sister who had leukemia, that means that he loves me/her?   He loves her so much that he didn't heal her?  What????  That makes no sense at all.  

 

 

Seriously! Hard to believe I used to accept junk like this! Of course, they'll tell you he healed your sister, his ways are better than our ways, etc etc etc.

 

Side note, this reminds me of a song my religious friend from undergrad had played at his wedding. The line I remember quite well is, "when God made you, he must have been thinking about me..." I am really getting tired of the self-centered focus of evangelical Christianity, especially since it famously presents itself as being about "God."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The terms that come to mind when I visit this zany forum are determinism, gods supposed providence, and gods supposed elect.

 

As with many arguments involving religion, the beliefs in these terms hinge on whether you believe the scriptures that vindicate these beliefs are inerrantly true. And god inerrantly said them to people who supposedly were able to copy them down word for word. This was then copied and edited hundreds of times and over many many years... and still it is the inerrant word of the creator of the universe. Oh.... this must be a sacred mystery.... huh.

 

The fact is that no one knows. Seriously, no one does know. They cannot say they know for certain. One argument for believing in something that does not necessarily have proof can be the mystery of faith. 

 

Well ok, belief in something that does not exist can also be called psychosis.

 

The point I am trying to rant about is that the mind, brain, soul, heart, whatever you want to call it... is a powerful thing. Beliefs about oneself and the world drive all that we do and say. 

 

So it is significantly confusing that some people base much of their beliefs on such weak ground, i.e. it is perplexing that we base much of our life on things that don’t readily make sense.

 

This leads me to believe that perhaps since we experience things we cannot explain (or we don’t feel comfortable explaining in factual terms the things we cannot explain), we seek out a solution that we cannot explain... an unexplainable problem and an unexplainable solution...  

 

The ultimate unexplainable problem is what happens after death and what to do with the fear of dying...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought a new (to me) car because my older car had to be scrapped. My mom is the one who found the new car and she keeps telling me "It was just such a GOD thing" because the old owners "almost didn't drive it to costco" and "someone else in Costco saw it and was going to buy it if you hadn't" and she just can't get over how much of a "GOD THING" it was. It's like......no, just sounds like you finding a pattern where there isn't one. Literally, one person decided to drive a car they were trying to sell and she saw it. That's it.

 

Bitch, children just died from fucking starvation WHILE you were talking about how much your god loves you that he found a car for your agnostic scum daughter. Because he just loves your daughter so much that he made her first working car crap out for no reason. What the FUCK.

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny,

 

Mrs. MOHO was having one of her "Liberals are soooooo insane!" tantrums last night - not 20 minutes after telling me how god blessed us with a cool breeze while sitting on the back porch. That breeze kicks up each night around 5pm and is due to changes in temperature along the Umpqua River. But, no, it came THIS evening because she just said a little prayer in her head.

 

Two reasons for their behavior if I may opine. 

1. The are so freaked out by the concept of Hell that they must continuously praise a nonexistent , narcissistic sky daddy in order to avoid it. 

2. They have doubts of their own so they must continuously reinforce their own beliefs. Forcing others to espouse belief and agree with their blessing bullshit = extra bonus points.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Funny,

 

Mrs. MOHO was having one of her "Liberals are soooooo insane!" tantrums last night - not 20 minutes after telling me how god blessed us with a cool breeze while sitting on the back porch. That breeze kicks up each night around 5pm and is due to changes in temperature along the Umpqua River. But, no, it came THIS evening because she just said a little prayer in her head.

 

Two reasons for their behavior if I may opine. 

1. The are so freaked out by the concept of Hell that they must continuously praise a nonexistent , narcissistic sky daddy in order to avoid it. 

2. They have doubts of their own so they must continuously reinforce their own beliefs. Forcing others to espouse belief and agree with their blessing bullshit = extra bonus points.  

 

I think the third reason could be that they have been brainwashed so badly that they really, truly believe it. Which is SO narcissist. REALLY?!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Stop treating God like a genie”

”You didn’t have enough faith”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you left Christianity you were not truly saved.

 

The wisdom of the bible is foolishness to sinful men

 

If you don't believe in Jesus or God, pray to them and ask that they would give you a belief in them

 

Jesus would never have gotten married or had sex because he was too busy doing his fathers will

 

 

Hahahaha this was all stuff my dad has said to me and he believes it sadly

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“You’re selfish” (for just asking for prayers using “me” a lot) 

“God doesn’t answer prayers if you have unconfessed sins or unforgiveness in your heart” ... don’t think he answers anyway.. by the way don’t you need to pray to get help with that first? How does that work?

”God deals with those who have done you wrong.. or at the judgment... don’t take it in your own hands” (in so many words) ...  load of crap! 

“This is God’s will” hahaha lol yep evil and murder and missing people. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an accident a number of years ago and had to get some wounds sutured behind my ear and on the back of my hand. My truck was written off by the insurance company. And how...I really did a number on it when I put it in the ditch. A number of Christians said "God was watching over you". What a crock...if there was a loving, caring God watching over me,   why did my truck end up getting demolished and why did I have to get stitches? Ffs...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 12:19 PM, Derek said:

I had an accident a number of years ago and had to get some wounds sutured behind my ear and on the back of my hand. My truck was written off by the insurance company. And how...I really did a number on it when I put it in the ditch. A number of Christians said "God was watching over you". What a crock...if there was a loving, caring God watching over me,   why did my truck end up getting demolished and why did I have to get stitches? Ffs...

 

Oh, that's easy -- "You needed to be taught a lesson!"  About sumthin or another. If'n ya had enough faith, ya could figger it all out!   😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tsathoggua9 said:

 

Oh, that's easy -- "You needed to be taught a lesson!"  About sumthin or another. If'n ya had enough faith, ya could figger it all out!   😀

Lmao :D But the almighty invisible man should know that I ain't easy to teach :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"that's because you are a judas iscariot"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“God doesn’t give confusion... only Satan does”

 

and? 

 

What is god doing about it? Nothing. Of course! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had some heated arguments on both Facebook and YouTube with the biblical flat Earth crowd.  I've been called a "sold-out shill", a Freemason puppet, a government disinformation agent", accused of suffering from cognitive dissonance, and my personal favorite- a "NAShole".  They do all this "in Jesus'name".  Christians are nothimg but a bunch of stupid, regressive assholes.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading this story this morning when a known fundy walked by, noticed this story on my PC and said, "God must have had special plans for those children"

 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/14/us/florida-children-die-chest-freezer/index.html

 

I felt like banging their head against a urinal and all the while saying, "Your god has special plans for you!"

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sybaris said:

I was reading this story this morning when a known fundy walked by, noticed this story on my PC and said, "God must have had special plans for those children"

 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/14/us/florida-children-die-chest-freezer/index.html

 

I felt like banging their head against a urinal and all the while saying, "Your god has special plans for you!"

 

 

 

 

 

That has to be one of the most maddening things fundies say. And by maddening I mean insulting that they think I would fall for that crap.

 

If there's a god and it had plans for those innocent creatures then why did he put them here in the first place? And if he is omnipotent then why does he need little children, or anyone for that matter, to carry out those plans? The indoctrinated will frequently tell themselves some of the most insane garbad attempting to stay indoctrinated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MOHO said:

 

That has to be one of the most maddening things fundies say. And by maddening I mean insulting that they think I would fall for that crap.

 

If there's a god and it had plans for those innocent creatures then why did he put them here in the first place? And if he is omnipotent then why does he need little children, or anyone for that matter, to carry out those plans? The indoctrinated will frequently tell themselves some of the most insane garbad attempting to stay indoctrinated. 

 

yes, I had to twist a LOT of things in my son's and my life story, just to try to make god look good.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a friend from high school recently message me on facebook to tell me that a burger hut burned down in our hometown. She said that God must have been watching over everyone that day because the fire didn't escalate beyond the building and destroy those around it. The firefighters definitely had nothing to do with it. 🙄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this today “God has a plan for your life” “God will use this pain for good”

 

that is wrong and false on so on so many levels... doesn’t indicate good or bad “plan” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Questioningone said:

Had this today “God has a plan for your life” “God will use this pain for good”

 

that is wrong and false on so on so many levels... doesn’t indicate good or bad “plan” 

😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"why do you take supplements, don't you know Jesus can heal you"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found this forum and trying to find my way around.

I gave up faith 15 years ago after 60 years a Christian. I miss a few of my fundamentalist friends. I recently tried to explain myself to one of them. He does not want to engage. His last email said ...

I do long for the day when you will turn back to the Lord and pray daily
   that you will do so.
     We used to have such a good relationship and fun and our faith was so much simpler
 
At least I know where I stand!
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You don't know what she must be thinking"

 

This is what my christian ex-gf said at the end of an Indian movie we watched together. The end of the movie showed the leading character have a baby girl born to them. And seriously the baby looked angelic. I said to my ex that the baby looks so serene and cute. She agreed. Then I made a passing comment that too bad that baby was going to end up in hell (the baby was born in an Indian Hindu family and I myself am a Hindu)! My ex kinda got defensive and said well she's too young (what she meant is that the baby would still have time to make that all important decision to accept the 'savior'). 

I usually avoided getting into a pickle with the ex on these matters so I did not press too much on it. I simply said - Just look at the baby....she is so peaceful and like an angel. I cannot even think of her going to hell!

 

That is when my ex made the above statement. I did not implore her on it but my gut told me she is referring to babies born as sinners and what not. 

My expression turned to shock. Thats when she tried to make amends and said - Yes but babies are innocent!

 

And that is one reason why she is my ex. It is a pity lovely human beings like her get deluded so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nontheistpilgrim said:

Just found this forum and trying to find my way around.

I gave up faith 15 years ago after 60 years a Christian. I miss a few of my fundamentalist friends. I recently tried to explain myself to one of them. He does not want to engage. His last email said ...

I do long for the day when you will turn back to the Lord and pray daily
   that you will do so.
     We used to have such a good relationship and fun and our faith was so much simpler
 
At least I know where I stand!

 

Sadly, you will likely have several of these kinds of things happen.  At least i have.  One of my sisters-in-laws said she didn't want me influencing her children.  I told her not to worry.  That agnostics usually don't try to convert people like Christians do.  She didn't have more to say after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.