Goodbye Jesus

Lets debate

Jon

Ugh, I'm already seeing serious grammar mistakes. I'm editing some to make it flow better. Not adding words tho. Just fixed a couple run-on sentences. By the time I finished I started getting maintenance calls at work and posted without much proof reading. Not that my grammar is the best anyway. ?

I'm glad to see you have picked up the ball, DarkBishop! Now to read what you wrote.

Hello all,

Just ducking in to say I need a time-out from our 'debate'.

My entire family went through a nasty stomach bug over the last two weeks, and I was the last one to get it - still recovering.

I will try to get to DB's ridiculous and unfounded bull as soon as I can. ;););) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, L.B. said:

Hello all,

My entire family went through a nasty stomach bug over the last two weeks, and I was the last one to get it - still recovering.

I will try to get to DB's ridiculous and unfounded bull as soon as I can. ;););) 

What, God didn't stop you from getting the bug? You must be an atheist!

Hope you recover speedily and get back to us soon. 

Would you like me to experiment by praying to my pink unicorn?

46 minutes ago, L.B. said:

Hello all,

God gave you the stomach bug because he knows you don't believe in his word. Repent before he brings locusts upon your house hold! ??

DB

• Like 1

7 hours ago, L.B. said:

Hello all,

Lo, the Lord in his righteousness hath struck down the evildoer in his pridefulness.  

Didn't finish him off though - loser.

Hope you're fully recovered very soon.  Looking forward to your response to DB.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

At this point Jon would claim victory. :Duivel7:

• Like 1

Since I am trying to fill in for John I guess this means I win? ?? LOL. JK

DB

#wasted L.B

God's wrath just unleased on your arse.. and your families too cause that's what happens ya know? You peeve God off and everyone related to you for generations cops it. You messed with da wrong deity my man!

This is proof of God's existence, and that my proposal is true. He has finally answered my prayers and has brought his wrath down upon the enemies of his lowly and humble foot soldier. Bow before his presence LB and admit you are unable to refute his word for it is true and Holy. Blessed be the Lord, Jesus, and logical fallacy 's omnipotent pink unicorn. 

Amen

Hey @Jon how am I doing so far debating in your stead? Just wait until I drop the bomb on LB with my counter proposal ?! I think it will be better than my initial proposal after I took a better look at how this debating thing is supposed to work.

DB

@DarkBishop, I mean @Jon:

You've been served.

Not the route I thought you would take........ I expected more! Prepare to feel the wrath of God when I reply! ? Hopefully I will have another easy night over the weekend at work to type another 1000 word counter proposal. 

@L.B.

The ball is in your court sir. 

Best Regards,

Dark Bishop @Jon

Would be nice to hear from Jon in here. Since this is his fight that I am fighting. 

DB

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Would be nice to hear from Jon in here. Since this is his fight that I am fighting. 

DB

DB, you are new here... so am I. However, in my internet travels I have come across a common tactic that you should know about. It is employed by those with poor fortitude of mind, and even weaker arguments: It's called the "cut and run"

I believe that Jon has employed it as a last line of defense :D

PS, brilliant opening line in your rebuttal: exactly what I was thinking. My eyes boggled at your initial opening, and they also boggled at L.B's opening/rebuttal as he didn't address your points, but attacked your perceived authority to debate the issue. Of course he might be 'debating Jon' but I did feel that it was a lost opportunity to shred creationism which is fairly easily countered.

Keep at it guys, interesting watching 2 ex-c's debate :) 

• Like 1

Thank you logical ? once again I would love to say more in here, but I don't want to let anything slip that may give my opponent an advantage. But I will be reading any comments the from the peanut gallery and look forward to answering anyone's questions the moderator approves during the question and answer segment. ?

DB

• Super Moderator
5 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

@L.B.

The ball is in your court sir. 

Best Regards,

Dark Bishop @Jon

I was going to make a snarky quip about christians having balls; but then I remembered you're only playing Devil's Advocate here.  Never mind me.

• Like 1

yes i'm here. With bad gramma and all.Loving jesus, God is good

48 minutes ago, Jon said:

Hey Jon!

I can't say anything about your grammar as mine is also horrible. But have you been reading the debate so far? What are your thoughts?

3 hours ago, Jon said:

Hang on please sir, let me go find the nearest cliff that I may jump off!

Mmmmm the troll is strong with this one!

yoda.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jon said:

Hello Jon. :)

10 days ago I asked you to justify your claim (that the Bible was the best selling book in history) with evidence and I'm still patiently waiting for you to do so.

Here is a link to the thread where I confidently expect to see you justify that claim with evidence.

Here is a copy of my request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 28/04/2017 at 1:58 PM, Jon said:

Why is the bible, still the most selling book in history ?

Please justify your claim with evidence, Jon.

Thank you,

BAA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be so good as to provide the evidence justifying your claim about the Bible being the best-selling book in history.

Thanks,

BAA.

@bornagainathiest BAA, you know how we sometimes think that going over and over again with IH is a waste of time, but we do it for the audience? I really think Jon is a waste of time bud, really. I haven't seen anything longer than one line throw-aways. IH at least attempts to make a coherent argument. Jon..... well just look at my last post to him above. Based on the evidence, I am agreeing with L.B - Jon is either unfit for discussion, or a troll. He makes no attempt at any point to put in anything of substance. Us answering a few opening questions fine - but there is  even not one coherent reply on Jon's part. Evidence my friend, evidence. Should you get a reasonable coherent answer out of him I will of course retract position on Jon.

Until then....

tenor.gif

:D

Have we posted a link to the arena for him yet? Maybe he just can't find it ? *sarcasm*

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

@bornagainathiest BAA, you know how we sometimes think that going over and over again with IH is a waste of time, but we do it for the audience? I really think Jon is a waste of time bud, really. I haven't seen anything longer than one line throw-aways. IH at least attempts to make a coherent argument. Jon..... well just look at my last post to him above. Based on the evidence, I am agreeing with L.B - Jon is either unfit for discussion, or a troll. He makes no attempt at any point to put in anything of substance. Us answering a few opening questions fine - but there is  even not one coherent reply on Jon's part. Evidence my friend, evidence. Should you get a reasonable coherent answer out of him I will of course retract position on Jon.

Until then....

tenor.gif

:D

You're catching on, LF.  Here's how the dynamic works.

1.  Jon answers the questions put to him.  Normal service (debate) resumes.  This is a WIN for everyone, because the Den exists for debate.

2.  Jon fails to answer the questions put to him.  This is a WIN for us Lions, because we've shown that Christians like him cannot survive in the Den.

3.  We persist in holding Jon accountable for all our unanswered questions.  This is another WIN for us Lions, because it shows that he is not faithful, trustworthy and true.

4.  Jon persists in asking more questions, without answering ours.  This is another WIN for us, for the same reason as # 3.

5.  Even if Jon answers ALL questions put to him, that is not a win for him or Jesus.  All that would be happening is that normal service (debate) resumes. (See # 1.)

So, it really doesn't matter if he's a waste of time or a troll, LF.

Whatever he does or doesn't do here - none of it can result in a WIN for him or Jesus.  Even his best efforts (# 5) will result in a WIN for everyone and not for him and not for Jesus.  But should # 1 thru # 4 come about, then the audience of lurking, wavering Christians will see how a fellow Christian gets torn to shreds in the Den.  OR they get to see just how faithless, untrustworthy and untrue one of their Christian brothers really is.  In the latter case, he then becomes responsible for helping to turn them away from Jesus.  Which is, after all, the prime function of this entire forum - to help anyone wishing to leave religion and Christianity in particular.

See how it works?

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 2