Goodbye Jesus

please answer ex-christians!!!

Jon

On 4/6/2017 at 5:03 AM, Jon said:

The only reason i would get banned is becauce i believe in jesus,if im no threat let me continue in this forum with you lovely people.

Well, the point of the Lion's Den is to give Christians a place to do their Christian thing and for Ex-Cs to bash it. I'm glad you're still here. I need something to do. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well seeing as no one is born a xtian. It more of a I returned to a natural state of being vs what I was graffitied to be. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2017 at 4:10 PM, Jon said:

The bible says "it proves they were not of us,becauce if they were they would if stayed"

The fact you turned away fron God;does this not prove you never were true christians in the first place?

I hope so. I would love nothing more than to think I was never really a Christian. As far as I'm concerned I was in a spiritual hostage situation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2017 at 4:24 PM, Jon said:

Margee,you know what romans 1:20 says?

Also God is spirit,no-one sees a spirit!!!

What do you mean,when you say God must prove himself?

Plenty of people claim to have seen spirits. Also, nearly everybody who has had a near death experience who "met god", "saw" him/her/it in some sense and apparently he/she/it doesn't want or need to be worshipped.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2017 at 7:10 AM, Jon said:

The bible says "it proves they were not of us,becauce if they were they would if stayed"

The fact you turned away fron God;does this not prove you never were true christians in the first place?

Well that gives me some relief.

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2017 at 7:50 AM, Jon said:

Nobody knows what hell will be like.

Look christians cant prove God exists.But then athiests cannot disprove Gods existence either!

Both parties should supply evidence pointing toward God or toward a world without a God

Maybe God exists & doesn't at the same time.

4 hours ago, quinntar said:

Maybe God exists & doesn't at the same time.

Shades of Schrodinger!

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 1:10 PM, Jon said:

The bible says it so it must be true.  You can take that to the bank.  The bible contains only truths.  That's why I don't believe any longer.  It said I had to go.  How could I argue with that?

mwc

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/25/2017 at 8:10 PM, Jon said:

The bible says "it proves they were not of us,because if they were they would if stayed"

The fact you turned away from God;does this not prove you never were true Christians in the first place?

Charles Templeton was a very famous Christian preacher, author and co founder of the Youth for Christ movement and a close , close friend of Billy Graham.

He sincerely believed, but eventually came to the conclusion that the Bible was nuts.

Presumably Judas believed, as did Satan......Satan knew that God was real assuming for a moment the Bible was true) , what with the whole living with Him going on, yet he turned away...

On 4/7/2017 at 7:30 PM, midniterider said:

The bible also speaks of unicorns.

Job 39:9-12King James Version (KJV)

Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

The bible is not a useful source of truth and should be ignored.

I am still waiting for the free Unicorns promised us after Brexit 

On 3/25/2017 at 4:10 PM, Jon said:

Cocaine addicts could say the very same thing about former addicts. They'd be just as wrong too.

Who cares what the Bible says anyway? Do you wear clothes of more than one fabric? Eat shell fish? Then neither do you.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2017 at 2:10 PM, Jon said:

We were just like you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2017 at 6:10 AM, Jon said:

In a real relationship you should be free to leave without there being consequences of what will happen to you for leaving.