Goodbye Jesus

Any African-Americans On Here?

skysoar15

It truly doesn't matter, but I was just curious. Blacks have a large culture of Christianity and I wanted to hear from other black people's experiences.

15 hours ago, skysoar15 said:

It truly doesn't matter, but I was just curious. Blacks have a large culture of Christianity and I wanted to hear from other black people's experiences.

Most members don't mention their ethnicity so it's hard to tell, but one member that I know is black is 'Blood'.  Lives in Houston I think. He's been active here relatively recently, though not in the past few weeks as far as I know. 

• Super Moderator

Don't we all trace our heritage back to Africa? ;)

But seriously, there have been a few that I'm aware of, and the consensus is that the Christian hold on people is especially strong among blacks. I have a friend who is a black woman and an atheist. She is totally alone in her beliefs regarding her family and black friends. She married a white guy and consequently expanded her circle of friends and as a bonus didn't end up a preacher's wife! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

Most members don't mention their ethnicity so it's hard to tell, but one member that I know is black is 'Blood'.  Lives in Houston I think. He's been active here relatively recently, though not in the past few weeks as far as I know. 

Huh, I had no idea Blood was black. I knew a couple of others on here, but they haven't been around for some time.

• Super Moderator

Maybe we should let Blood and the others identify themselves if they choose to.  Anonymity is one of the central hallmarks of this website, after all.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Maybe we should let Blood and the others identify themselves if they choose to.  Anonymity is one of the central hallmarks of this website, after all.

I agree. 

47 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I was only passing on how an individual had already identified themself publicly on a number of occasions. Didn't think that was inappropriate. 

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

I was only passing on how an individual had already identified themself publicly on a number of occasions. Didn't think that was inappropriate. 

Not saying it was inappropriate; just making a suggestion.

• Like 2