Goodbye Jesus

The bitter sweet red pill

DarkBishop

Been living as a rational fully functioning nearly delusional free human for close to six years now.  

The only delusion I struggle with is fully accepting the reality that the vast majority of humans around me around are influenced, often greatly, by odd made up belief sets.  I mean, it is just so hard to accept the evidence that only a small minority of folks are fully rational, and, the human "norm" is a mental operating system heavily dependent on Martrix-like delusional premises.  

The thought that "I am sane", while most everyone around are not seems so.....crazy.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ConsiderTheSource said:

The thought that "I am sane", while most everyone around are not seem so.....crazy.  

I havent really thought of that aspect yet, but you are right. We work, converse, and live life with a massive amount of people that truly believe in fairy tales. It is like when Neo returned to the matrix after being trained for missions. He and the rest of his group were walking among people who were oblivious to the truth, and had to blend in.

Fortunately for him though he could leave the matrix to live life in the real world. Most of us in the states don't get that luxury. I still have some people that tell me my family are in their prayers when someone is sick or something. Then they follow up with their own problems expecting me to pray for them in return. Usually, so I don't shatter their fragile conception of reality, I will humble myself and tell them they will be in my thoughts and prayers aswell. I know I won't be praying but they will be in my thoughts and it makes them feel better. So at the end of the day it's all good.

DB

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

I havent really thought of that aspect yet, but you are right. We work, converse, and live life with a massive amount of people that truly believe in fairy tales. It is like when Neo returned to the matrix after being trained for missions. He and the rest of his group were walking among people who were oblivious to the truth, and had to blend in.

Fortunately for him though he could leave the matrix to live life in the real world. Most of us in the states don't get that luxury.

Which is why I am so thankful for this community of ex-Christians.  Even though I may never meet any of you in person, the ability to chat, discuss, encourage and just hang out with fellow apostates is . . . a blessing, for want of a better word.   A godless blessing of course, which is the best kind, because it comes from real flesh-and-blood humans.  Life is good.

• Like 4

What you're able to acquire from every experience solely depends on you which, this being the right choice for us all. But the concepts grasped from various people here with DarkBishop included did I not think of this truly until after my de-conversion as well. Like anyone will a film be watched based on entertainment purposes but how your life is shaped about that one concept, such as this, can really involve a more. .expansive way of thinking.

• 1 month later...

I hope this little spill encourages other new comers to Ex-C. I know it may seem rough now but eventually the storm will pass. We are here to help in any way we can. Time heals all wounds, Even this one. You may not know it but you have now joined an elite group of individuals.  We have all been indoctrinated, brainwashed, and in some cases abused by religious theology. But we are overcomers. We have looked God and The Devil both in the face and called BULLSHIT!  You are EXCHRISTIAN.  Be proud!

Thank you! I really needed to hear this today. This deconversion process has happened relatively quickly for me (I only started questioning and reading last year, and by the end of the year the blinders were off.) However, because only a few people close to me are aware of my views, and the fact that I am choosing not to hurt people I love until I have to, this dual existence is rather difficult. I have changed so much as a person, I view the world in a completely different light, and others still see me the same way. I know it can't continue, I am fighting all the restrictions that the church and religion brings with it, and the new me is very impatiently wanting to escape them. However, there is light at the end of this tunnel, I can see it. But right now it feels like a very difficult place to be. I am alienated from everything and everyone I used to know, and the isolation my fundamentalist upbringing imposed from "the world" has made it very difficult to get out there, get to know people, make new friends and experiences. I feel so utterly lost and I don't know where to begin. How do I explain my life and how I am so different from others? I suppose on some level what I fear is a "seriously! How could you have believed that!" reaction from people, as that is how I largely look back on it myself, now that I have distance, perspective, and truth. It really helps to hear from others that this will pass, and that it gets better with time.

Your welcome truth seeker,

And I'm really glad this post has resonated with so many people. The encouragement that people have gotten from this post concerning deconversion also encourages me. I was dooped for a long time myself. And this is a rough process. But an enlightening one as well. 

DB

• 1 year later...

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT (love it) 👍

There won't be anyone at my funeral that says that I lived the life of Christ. But they will say that he was a good man, and I am better for having known him and have had him in my life.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.