Goodbye Jesus

Christianity might be true

Castiel233

But it is very very doubtful.....very doubtful.

Christians defend the Bible, yet hardly ever read it fully and reject everything in it they don't like.

I am not a dogmatic guy, Jesus might be real, Zeus and Odin might be real, we might be merely sims in a very expensive computer games...but it is doubtful.

I accept I might be wrong, do I sometimes have that cold fear that Hell might be real and I might be heading there, sure I do, although it is much weaker than it used to be. 

Christians, of the sterner type are often dogmatic. They know they are Heaven bound, they know that Jesus died for them, they know that The Bible is the true Word of God.........or so they think. They of course, do not know, they merely believe.

I don't pretend to know, but I believe that religion is often cruel, very wasteful and tribal. Christians have killed Jews for worshipping the Father but not the Son. Christians have killed other Christians for worshipping the Trinity in a "heretical" manner.

The whole thing stinks.

Which branch of Christianity should we follow, which texts, which version of the Bible, was Jesus actually God, are they the same person, yes and no says the Bible. Why are prayers so rarely  answered beyond statistical probability.

Why does God care about a football game, but not a drought.

Does the creator of time and space really care what we do with our time on a Sunday. Is he really listening in to all the hundreds and hundreds of millions of prayers offered all day on that holy day. And why is one day a week more holy than the other six.  

When will we stop begging the air to solve  our problems.

• Like 4

I am 100% convinced that Christianity cannot be true. It's not just doubtful, but there's simply no chance whatsoever. If you're interested in why I say that, feel free to read about a plethora of problems with the Bible and Christianity in a lengthy letter I wrote a few years back (it's in post #13 in the Letter link in my signature). 

Edit: My signature disappeared, though that may be because I'm on my phone instead of a computer. Anyway, if interested, here's a link:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Citsonga said:

I am 100% convinced that Christianity cannot be true. It's not just doubtful, but there's simply no chance whatsoever. If you're interested in why I say that, feel free to read about a plethora of problems with the Bible and Christianity in a lengthy letter I wrote a few years back (it's in post #13 in the Letter link in my signature). 

Edit: My signature disappeared, though that may be because I'm on my phone instead of a computer. Anyway, if interested, here's a link:

I will be reading this as well.

I've been having doubts about many things lately. This should be good.

which part of christianity is true?

talking snake, adam n eve?

global flood?

sun held up by traffic for a day?

red sea spilt?

virgin birth?

5 hours ago, Citsonga said:

The plethora of problems is an interesting one. When I first became a "born-again" Christian I went to church and introduced myself to the minister as a new convert. He asked me what I was doing about it and I said I was reading the bible. He asked where I'd started and I said page 1. He then looked horrified and said I mustn't read it like that and gave me a list of books I "could" read, starting with Mark, then Luke, then Corinthians. I wasn't "ready" for John, Revelation or any of the Old Testament. Being an ornery sort of person, I continued with my reading from page 1, as well as reading the things he'd told me to read. It wasn't long at all before I understood his horror at the idea of a new Christian reading the bible!  This is why Christians don't read the bible, just bits of it.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Loopylou said:

My signature disappeared

I can't find a way to create one. Perhaps because I'm using Opera, or maybe there's some secret I haven't figured out yet.

55 minutes ago, Loopylou said:

I can't find a way to create one. Perhaps because I'm using Opera, or maybe there's some secret I haven't figured out yet.

I'm on my PC now and my signature shows up. I'm not familiar with Opera, but I'm using Firefox and I also checked Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, and it shows up on all of them. It didn't show up on my phone, though, so I'm not sure if signatures show up on any mobile device.

As far as creating a signature, click the dropdown by your user name in the upper right corner and then click on "Settings." Once the Settings page comes up, click "Signature" on the list on the left side of the page, and then you'll have the field to enter it in. Once you have your signature saved, it apparently won't show up on all devices, but it will be visible at least from a PC with one of the browsers I mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Citsonga said:

As far as creating a signature, click the dropdown by your user name in the upper right corner and then click on "Settings." Once the Settings page comes up, click "Signature" on the list on the left side of the page,

Thanks for the help, but my Settings page only has email address, password, Facebook and Twitter, and I've looked through all the other options. It's no big deal though.

I think I recall not being able to have a signature as a new member.

6 hours ago, yunea said:

I think I recall not being able to have a signature as a new member.

That could be it, Loopylou. I see you currrently have only 17 posts, so perhaps the signature option comes later.

By the way, though I'm not trying to derail the thread, when I see your user name Loopylou, I can't help but think of this song:

5 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

By the way, though I'm not trying to derail the thread, when I see your user name Loopylou, I can't help but think of this song:

I think we've both derailed it, but I hope others enjoyed the song too. It just made my day. Thank you.