Goodbye Jesus

Decrypting Daniel

Joshpantera

Some people say the leviathan has seven heads, but the bible really doesn't say.  I know it has more than one, I say two...

Psalms 74:14  Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

The wilderness is the desert.  God feeds the heads of the Leviathan like fish chum to the people inhabiting the desert.  Islam has been called the desert religion and Mecca and Medina reside there.  All coincidence I suppose.

Here are the two heads...
Isaiah 27:1  In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan (1)the piercing serpent, even leviathan that (2)crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

The Leviathan seems to be used interchangeably with the dragon.  There are either 'two' leviathans that get punished, or one Leviathan with two heads. We know the serpent is the dragon and his names are Satan and Lucifer, and associated with "the king of Babylon." ISIL (and all jihadist) is the end-time entity that the LORD punishes in the end.

TWO aspects of the Leviathan. One a piercing serpent. (ISIL) The other a crooked serpent. (Satan the dragon).???  That's why I say two heads.

Strong’s says the leviathan is,...
“figuratively, the constellation of the dragon; also as a symbol of Babylon:—leviathan, mourning.”

Goodbye Jesus

x8qfe.jpg

Do you have any basic education that allows you to read the text taking in subjects, verbs, adjectives all in context without making shit up?

x8qfe.jpg

Do you have any basic education that allows you to read the text taking in subjects, verbs, adjectives all in context without making shit up?

Doomed isn't the word for it...

http://www.prophetofdoom.net/

"Prophet of Doom is the best-documented, most comprehensive, presentation of Islam's five oldest and most reliable scriptural sources. Ishaq's Biography of Muhammad, Tabari's History of Islam, and Bukhari's and Muslim's Hadith, were used to reorder the Qur'an chronologically and to set its surahs into the context of Muhammad's life. When this evidence is evaluated systematically, the only rational conclusion is that Islam's lone prophet was a ruthless terrorist, a mass-murderer, a thief, slave trader, rapist and pedophile. " http://www.prophetofdoom.net/

There is nothing new here. What is your point?

Incidentally I think Muhammad and Moses would enjoy each others company.

Lol this is funny.  First they said it was the Roman empire..... well that fell through.... then the said it was the Roman Catholic Church...... well they haven't had total power for some time now..... during world war 2 my old church taught that it was Hitler and Germany..... (they may have been more ruthless than Isis). ..............and now this guy says it's Isis..... lmao. Wonder who will be next...... oooo oooo I know. When we invent artificial intelligent robots and they begin to kil us.... yep that's the next one. Kick the can. Kick the can. Lmao!

• Like 2

Rev, all you've done is taken things out of original context reaching hard to force fit verses into some modern meaning. What you've demonstrated is no different than what pastor Hagee has done with Israel, which, has been blown out of the water time and again. The bible writers were never talking about, nor had any clue whatsoever about modern Israel, or Islam that didn't come into existence until some 900 years into the common era. That's what the transition from christianity to out of christianity can entail - learning the truth about prophetic claims that were otherwise just taken for granted and on faith. 

The oldest manuscript of the mark of the beast has it as 616. Both the numbers 666 and 616, when taken together, amount to a reference to Nero Caesar, given by method of two biblical languages (Greek and Latin).

The mark of the beast had specifically to do with the time and place of it's writing and the political climate of that time and place: 

You'll find that every, every single christian claim that the bible is talking our modern era is wrong. Way wrong. Not even in the ball park. 

Welcome to ex-C!

• Like 3

Hey guys wasn't beheading a common practise 1000 years ago? ? oh no nevermind they invented the guillotine to chop up watermelons.

DB

• Like 2

In line with what Josh said: another example of the writer writing about things in his day, but taken out of context and applied to completely arbitrary interpretation is the following versus:

Isaiah 14:12-14King James Version (KJV)

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

So, the modern Christian, not understanding thinks this verse speaks of Satan (Lucifer/Devil). It doesn't. The evolution of Satan in the bible is another matter, but this set of versus is talking about a fallen Babylonian King. Lucifer was the name of the morning star (Venus). So what you have is a writer describing cleverly and metaphorically about the fall of a king in his time.

I am coming to realize the biblical writers weren't stupid for writing metaphorical writings to explain their world - modern man is stupid for either taking it literally or making up weird spiritual woo woo out of it.

It's a crocodile, its a fallen king... they are telling tales about stuff they witnessed and knew about!

Now what the Christian does is very tricky, and I'm not sure there is a biblical precedence for it. They say scripture has a compound meaning and a compound revelation or type. So in our case above they say, yes it is talking about a fallen king, BUT its also talking about Satan.

Also, what is interesting is the reference "I will be like the most high". In the Canaanite pantheon the chief god El was also known as Elyon - God most high. Think about that whenever you think that the verse is referring to Lucifer thinking that he would be like Yahweh (Incidentally El's son in the Canaanite pantheon... along with Baal)

Rubbish! I'm calling horseshit on your bullshit.

• Like 2

Ya know..... Since mine and LB'S debate has fallen through the cracks. Maybe this topic  needs to be presented in a formal debate in the arena. A more structured and hospitable environment.  I don'the know if it should be @reverendturmoil against  @Joshpantera, or @LogicalFallacy. All have been pretty active in this thread. It would be nice to see a debate against someone who actually believes the BS they are saying. 

DB

Just a thought. Any takers?

So, if I understand you, you want a debate on whether Daniel/the bible has hidden/cryptic/prophetic meaning or whether it is mostly metaphorical that can be understood once you know what the writers are talking about?

I'm not sure a debate would be of any use because most of it is opinion and assertion? Interesting idea though - certainly Josh is way more qualified than I. I got most of my knowledge about these sorts of things from Josh. He pointed me in the right direction but I still lack the depth and breadth of understanding he has.

So, if I understand you, you want a debate on whether Daniel/the bible has hidden/cryptic/prophetic meaning or whether it is mostly metaphorical that can be understood once you know what the writers are talking about?

I'm not sure a debate would be of any use because most of it is opinion and assertion? Interesting idea though - certainly Josh is way more qualified than I. I got most of my knowledge about these sorts of things from Josh. He pointed me in the right direction but I still lack the depth and breadth of understanding he has.

The Rev here has a very definitive position on what he believes Daniel is trying to convey. He believes in one specific scenario that is being played out in today's time. He can try to prove it with a well referenced arguement. Then it's up to Josh to disprove his interpretation by whatever angle he sees fit. Maybe seeing a well referenced argument against his interpretation will do him some good. 

It's just a thought really. I would just like to see a good debate is all. 

• Like 1

I've been enjoying watching this thread so much I'm almost ready to still your little colbert popcorn eating gif lol

• Like 1

Ya know..... Since mine and LB'S debate has fallen through the cracks. Maybe this topic  needs to be presented in a formal debate in the arena. A more structured and hospitable environment.  I don'the know if it should be @reverendturmoil against  @Joshpantera, or @LogicalFallacy. All have been pretty active in this thread. It would be nice to see a debate against someone who actually believes the BS they are saying. 

DB

Just a thought. Any takers?

I can do dat.

But I'm a load'n up the truck and a mov'n to NC this week.  See in then.  

Hope the move goes well! And hope you and Josh can do a formal debate... I will be there in the audience...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Hey guys wasn't beheading a common practise 1000 years ago? ? oh no nevermind they invented the guillotine to chop up watermelons.

DB

I don't care if Mother Teresa did it 1,000 years ago.  Who's doing it today?  Who is killing people on a daily basis today with fervor?

It's not just the beheading's it's everything.  The first Islamic beheading in America happened in 1989.  It's called being killed by the sword.

The jihad report for April from the religion of peace is there were 165 attacks in 25 countries, 30 of them suicide attacks, killing 1336 people and injuring 946.
It's what's going on today Dark guy, not centuries ago.

Beheading's, starvation, suicide bombings, and the good old fashion tradition of throwing people to the lions is coming back.

Rev. 6...to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Terrorism.  It's not just for Allah anymore, It's for entertainment.

I don't care if Mother Teresa did it 1,000 years ago.  Who's doing it today?  Who is killing people on a daily basis today with fervor?

Well if we look at the total number of civilians killed by US operations around the world each year....

"Rev. 6...to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Again you take commentary on the affairs of the day and state that it is prophesy applying to Islamic Terrorism. The Romans had arenas in those days, they would kill people with the sword, bring out wild animals etc.

Yes Jihad is real, but its been around for 1,000 years with occasional lulls in activity. The predominate terrorist actions are Muslim on Muslim. Go look at the stats. Yes its a problem, yes it needs to be stamped out... if you could gather all the terrorists and drop a MOAB on them it would be great. However that doesn't mean shoe horning in modern events into ancient writings makes those writings true. You have no causal link. The 1970's in America were far worse for terrorist activities. Did you pull out some scripture for that period of time?

People will make their current events fit versus in the bible no matter what age they live in. Forcing current events into the bible has been going on since 325CE. Much like the end of the world - coming to you since 0AD +/- 10 years (Cause there is come confusion as to when Jesus was born)

• Like 1

Whoa Rev save it for the debate lol

It's not just the beheading's it's everything.  The first Islamic beheading in America happened in 1989.  It's called being killed by the sword.

The jihad report for April from the religion of peace is there were 165 attacks in 25 countries, 30 of them suicide attacks, killing 1336 people and injuring 946.
It's what's going on today Dark guy, not centuries ago.

Beheading's, starvation, suicide bombings, and the good old fashion tradition of throwing people to the lions is coming back.

Rev. 6...to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Terrorism.  It's not just for Allah anymore, It's for entertainment.

Trying to take up a theory and argument which is untenable, is not the way to deal with the obvious problem we're facing today.

I think we all agree that Islam has presented a major problem. But you do a great injustice to the cause of dealing with these dick heads by coming at the problem with a faulty methodology. That can easily be unraveled. The bible didn't predict any of this, obviously. It's what has evolved over time. Those Arabs were rallied together by an Arab who was familiar with Judaism and Christianity and wanted to ride the religious bandwagon and so drew a line in the sand between his ideas and the so called pagan Arabs. He completely copied what Judaism and Christianity had done in terms of rising up out of pagan origins, making use of pagan things, and then claiming that no, they themselves are not pagan and are something entirely different. But they're interwoven with pagan ideas and concepts so deeply embedded that they can not be removed without collapsing the religions themselves. 

You've ignored every major issue I've raised here so far in the casual format. 

You appear to have no knowledge of the correlation between the Daniel writers image of the golden headed statue and the esoteric metalic world age cycle. Further, the dream consisted of two parts, one an entire golden statue and then the golden headed statue. What does that mean against the esoteric format that the writers were so closely using for their own purposes? One obvious way of looking at it means that the golden age doesn't last forever. The ages digress down and then ascend back up and they're structured into specific ages, with specific themes, specifically oriented to Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Iron. Is it as simple as the writers simply displaying that they understand the Great Year? Also, Do you know how the astronomical observation of the precession of the equinoxes became popular? From a Greek going through the Babylonian star charts and claiming that he'd found something profound, the precession cycle. And we're talking about a story that originated from Jews coming back from Babylon and making myths, well after the fact, well after the time in question, and the myth is about the Golden, Silver, Bronze, and Iron ages using the format in their own way, to make their own points. But that timeline deals in terms of the past, not the future. 

You also appear to have no knowledge of the mark of the beast in Revelation, and how academics have, in point blank terms, shown the simplest explanation. Both the Greek and Latin renditions of the number of the beast both lining up together to point to one man, Nero Caesar. Not some guy in the future, not anything to do with now or the time just ahead of us, and in no way referring to Islam which hadn't been conceived yet until around 900 years into the common era, but a reference to a distant past already long gone and far removed from today. That's exactly what I'd say to pastor Hagee if we were face to face!

You need deprogramming, Rev. 

And that's what this site is for....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well if we look at the total number of civilians killed by US operations around the world each year....

"Rev. 6...to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Again you take commentary on the affairs of the day and state that it is prophesy applying to Islamic Terrorism. The Romans had arenas in those days, they would kill people with the sword, bring out wild animals etc.

Yes Jihad is real, but its been around for 1,000 years with occasional lulls in activity. The predominate terrorist actions are Muslim on Muslim. Go look at the stats. Yes its a problem, yes it needs to be stamped out... if you could gather all the terrorists and drop a MOAB on them it would be great. However that doesn't mean shoe horning in modern events into ancient writings makes those writings true. You have no causal link. The 1970's in America were far worse for terrorist activities. Did you pull out some scripture for that period of time?

People will make their current events fit versus in the bible no matter what age they live in. Forcing current events into the bible has been going on since 325CE. Much like the end of the world - coming to you since 0AD +/- 10 years (Cause there is come confusion as to when Jesus was born)

There's a difference between civilian casualties of war and Islamic terrorism.  Islamic terrorism isn't a country we can invade.  It's a convoluted problem because foreign fighters who participate in jihad come from over 100 countries in the world.  In jihad there are FEW, and often NO casualties of war since they actually don't attack countries, but the civilians in them. They love to target civilians, esp. women and children.  

I can't help it if the affairs of the day have finally come to fruition to fulfill some of these prophecies.  What you said about Rome is true.  Though beheading wasn't their preferred method.  However, like Daniel 2, the Protestants try to say the legs of iron and toes mingled with iron and clay are Rome.  BUT.  In my studies, I have never found a Roman connection.  Over the last 15 years, I've asked HUNDREDS of people to quote ONE verse of prophecy implicating Rome in any way and NOT ONE person has ever quoted even ONE verse!

LF said,

"Yes Jihad is real, but its been around for 1,000 years with occasional lulls in activity." 

My response...

Jihad has been around for 1,400 years.

LF said,

"The predominate terrorist actions are Muslim on Muslim."

My response...

What does that matter?  What kind of appeasement is that?  If a Muslim kills a Muslim that makes it different?  They just killed over 20 Christians in Manchester!  

LF said,
"Go look at the stats." 

My response...

I bet I know the stats better than you.  It's meaningless whether a jihadist kills one of their own or an "INFIDEL,"  Killing is killing!  People typically don't target women and children in war.  BUT ISLAM DOES IN HOLY WAR!

LF said,

"Yes its a problem, yes it needs to be stamped out... if you could gather all the terrorists and drop a MOAB on them it would be great." 

My response...
If jihadism was a country it would be no problem.

LF said,
"However that doesn't mean shoe horning in modern events into ancient writings makes those writings true."

My response... 

They may NOT be true to you, but to me...I'm convinced!

LF said,

"You have no causal link. The 1970's in America were far worse for terrorist activities. Did you pull out some scripture for that period of time?"

My response...

Like I said, I know the stats better than you and I know the 70's were NOT far worse for terrorist activities.  Want to take up the challenge?  SHOW me your STATS!
 LF said,
"People will make their current events fit versus in the bible no matter what age they live in."

My response... 

I know it, but the evidence I've found about Islam over the last 20 plus years is impressive.  You haven't seen anything yet.

LF said,
"Forcing current events into the bible has been going on since 325CE. Much like the end of the world - coming to you since 0AD +/- 10 years (Cause there is come confusion as to when Jesus was born)"

My response...

I do it the other way around.  I look at and study the prophecies FIRST, and then look at our world....

How about this and I hope I'm wrong...

I predicted Sept. 11, 2001 to a good friend who I use to work with.  Not the date but the event.  I saw him recently for the first time in a few years and he said, "Jimmy, I'll never forget it.  There you were telling me all about this Islamic shit that an attack was coming and I was laughing at you and then BANG September 11.

I going out on this one, and I hope I'm wrong. The next major Islamic terror attack will far outdo Sept 11 and is coming this year.  Probably in June or July.  How do I know?  I don't know.  It's just an educated guess like the last one and I hope I'm wrong.  The sad thing is.  Some people will continue to believe that Islam is a peaceful religion with a few bad apples.

Whoa Rev save it for the debate lol

i'm willing to debate anyone.  I just don't want to hear the typical sarcastic belittling remarks.  If someone can have a civil debate with me I'll go for it.  But?  Why debate 'prophecy' with people who don't believe in it anyway?

i'm willing to debate anyone.  I just don't want to hear the typical sarcastic belittling remarks.  If someone can have a civil debate with me I'll go for it.  But?  Why debate 'prophecy' with people who don't believe in it anyway?

Rev, I am currently debating a youtuber on prophesy - the one about Tyre. He claims that Tyre was destroyed and never rebuilt per Prophesy. I showed him this:

Tyre.thumb.jpg.f0d10b6a9129dfcbdd901adbcbecd724.jpg

Tyre is clearly rebuilt - he claims the prophesy was fulfilled. Why should I waste time with people who make up convoluted rationalizations as to how prophesy was fulfilled when the conditions were that Nebuchadnezzar would completely destroy the city (He didn't, Alexander did) and that the city would never be rebuilt (It's currently the forth largest Lebanon city), and that it would be sought and never found (We know where the ancient ruins are, we know its history very well)

• Like 1

There's a difference between civilian casualties of war and Islamic terrorism.  Islamic terrorism isn't a country we can invade.  It's a convoluted problem because foreign fighters who participate in jihad come from over 100 countries in the world.  In jihad there are FEW, and often NO casualties of war since they actually don't attack countries, but the civilians in them. They love to target civilians, esp. women and children.

I think my post about the US killing civilians went right over your head.

I can't help it if the affairs of the day have finally come to fruition to fulfill some of these prophecies.  What you said about Rome is true.  Though beheading wasn't their preferred method.  However, like Daniel 2, the Protestants try to say the legs of iron and toes mingled with iron and clay are Rome.  BUT.  In my studies, I have never found a Roman connection.  Over the last 15 years, I've asked HUNDREDS of people to quote ONE verse of prophecy implicating Rome in any way and NOT ONE person has ever quoted even ONE verse!

The Christians you must associate with must not read the bible. There is a reference in Revelations to the "City that sits on seven hills". This is a very clear reference to ancient Rome which had seven hills nearby (In fact the hills and Rome are still there) That's one verse - most of revelations is talking about Rome.

LF said,

"Yes Jihad is real, but its been around for 1,000 years with occasional lulls in activity." 

My response...

Jihad has been around for 1,400 years.

Nit pick please. Should have read "for over 1,000 years"

LF said,

"The predominate terrorist actions are Muslim on Muslim."

My response...

What does that matter?  What kind of appeasement is that?  If a Muslim kills a Muslim that makes it different?  They just killed over 20 Christians in Manchester!  

In reference to your convoluted theory of prophesy about Islam it doesn't matter.

LF said,
"Go look at the stats." 

My response...

I bet I know the stats better than you.  It's meaningless whether a jihadist kills one of their own or an "INFIDEL,"  Killing is killing!  People typically don't target women and children in war.  BUT ISLAM DOES IN HOLY WAR!

Islamic terrorist target woman and children. The Quran says to kill infidels, not woman and children. I agree with the Quran as much as any other Ex-C here, but don't make it say something it doesn't to fit your pet theory.

LF said,
"However that doesn't mean shoe horning in modern events into ancient writings makes those writings true."

My response... 

They may NOT be true to you, but to me...I'm convinced!

I know people convinced of flat earth too - your conviction means nothing. If you can't show it to be true, then its not evidently true.

"Forcing current events into the bible has been going on since 325CE. Much like the end of the world - coming to you since 0AD +/- 10 years (Cause there is come confusion as to when Jesus was born)"

My response...

I do it the other way around.  I look at and study the prophecies FIRST, and then look at our world....

... and then shoehorn in whatever events are currently happening. 2,000 years ago you would have been pointing at Rome, if you were born 300 years in the future it would be whatever situation is happening then.

How about this and I hope I'm wrong...

I predicted Sept. 11, 2001 to a good friend who I use to work with.  Not the date but the event.  I saw him recently for the first time in a few years and he said, "Jimmy, I'll never forget it.  There you were telling me all about this Islamic shit that an attack was coming and I was laughing at you and then BANG September 11.

I'm calling horseshit on your bullshit. IF you did say anything I'll bet is was so vague that you could interpret anything to fit it... like most bible prophesy. Like all prophesy you have an event then claim you prophesied it. 

I going out on this one, and I hope I'm wrong. The next major Islamic terror attack will far outdo Sept 11 and is coming this year.  Probably in June or July.  How do I know?  I don't know.  It's just an educated guess like the last one and I hope I'm wrong.  The sad thing is.  Some people will continue to believe that Islam is a peaceful religion with a few bad apples.

You do realize this is not prophesy right? I'm not sure who you are trying to impress but anyone in today's current world events can predict terrorist events. The chances are you are right. Why don't you use your bible prophesy to tell us the next major terroist event with DETAILS.

If you had posted several weeks ago that A man named Salman Abedi would blow up the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester and 22 people would die THEN I would believe some amazing future telling abilities.

Meanwhile I'm predicting a large earthquake to strike this year... probably in June or July. This is the earthquake from revelations "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake"

We'll tally up on August 1 and see who is the most prophetic shall we?

• Like 2

Listen to the words spoken in 2 Baruch 48:37, a book that should be in the bible, in relevance to Muslim's engaged in terrorism and suicide bombers, and the Shia's and Sunni's who hate and kill one another. 

"Envy shall rise in those who had no though of themselves, and passion shall rise in him who was peaceful. Many shall be stirred up in anger to injure many, and they shall rouse up all men in order to shed blood, and in the end they will all perish together."
2 Baruch 70:2-8 say's,

"They shall hate one another," and they shall provoke one another to fight. Some of them shall fall in battle, and some of them shall perish in anguish, and some of them shall be destroyed by their own." 

Listen to the words spoken in 2 Baruch 48:37, a book that should be in the bible, in relevance to Muslim's engaged in terrorism and suicide bombers, and the Shia's and Sunni's who hate and kill one another. 

"Envy shall rise in those who had no though of themselves, and passion shall rise in him who was peaceful. Many shall be stirred up in anger to injure many, and they shall rouse up all men in order to shed blood, and in the end they will all perish together."

"They shall hate one another," and they shall provoke one another to fight. Some of them shall fall in battle, and some of them shall perish in anguish, and some of them shall be destroyed by their own." 

And what is the surrounding context? 

You've not paid any attention to anything that anyone has been trying to tell you. Who is it really talking about? Obviously not about our times, but to something relevant to time period in which 2 Baruch was written, just as anything that was included in the bible which made similar CONTEMPORARY statements, which, have later been distorted by ilk like yourself completely out of context in order to try and shoe horn fit ancient mythology into some literal context aimed at our modern era. 

You're so wrong, you have no idea how wrong you are. Or how absolutely credulous you sound talking to us in this manner. 

It doesn't get any more blind than you're current example. 

You're at the bottom rung of critical thinking.

And I don't mind calling it....

• Like 3

1) You arbitrarily declare a book 'should' be in the bible. Why's that? It fits your pet theory?

2) Those vague versus couldn't possibly be applied to any other time in history or any other situation could it?

What Josh said at the end of his post. You are really scraping the barrel to justify your interpretations.

You are the same as the Christians when we point out the plainly obvious fact that Isiah 7:14 has nothing to do with Jesus or the Messiah, it's simply a sign for the King AT THAT TIME!

It's like this guy on youtube - he doesn't get it . I say Tyre is still there... and his comeback is "well not ancient Tyre" :49:

And your come back is "But this book that "should" be in the bible" :49: :banghead:

• Like 3