Goodbye Jesus

Antioch Hub

CousinChimp

One of my Facebook friends attended a fundamentalist type church I went to some years ago, but is now attending a charismatic Pentecostal church, in the meantime I've gone to the dark side of agnosticism. Anyway she liked this ridiculous superstitious, groundless bullshit post the other day https://www.antiochhub.org/pressreleases/exposing-and-defeating-jezebel.

It got me thinking about the way Christians can seriously hurt people all in the name of God:

"Stop Tolerating Jezebel

If you discern a Jezebel spirit in your midst, confront it quickly. Time is not on your side. The longer you don't confront it, the more damage it can do. What's more if you tolerate that spirit, Jesus has issues with you. He says in Revelation 2 that if Jezebel doesn't repent, He will throw her on a sickbed and those who commit adultery with her.

If you feel sorry for Jezebel, she'll not only pull on your heart strings, but she'll play you like the proverbial fiddle. This master manipulator will seduce you into her web of witchcraft using your own compassion as bait.

Why You Shouldn't Feel Sorry For Jezebel

People influenced by a Jezebel spirit play the victim. They want your pity. The reason this seducing spirit wants your sympathy is strategic: Pity opens the door for this devil. Soulish compassion blocks discernment—but that's no excuse for tolerating Jezebel. In fact, if you tolerate a Jezebel spirit, Jesus has something against you."

I grew up in a Pentecostal church and I guess this brought back some memories. Poor old jezebel was blamed for pretty much everything. I was prayed  over as a child for deliverance from jezebel as I was hurting over my parents divorce and apparently had acquired a "spirit of rejection". Call in the deliverance team because what good would a child psychologist have been?!

"17. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit will twist the facts. They have selective memory. They are smooth and slick and almost convince you that they are right.:

Oh... so all Christians then?

Seems like this Jezebel is a jack of all trades!

• Super Moderator

Jezebel sounds hot.

• Like 1

Jezebel sounds hot.

It's that seductive web of witchcraft ???

The thing I find most disturbing about this inane rant (besides the fact that there's someone out there legitimately trying to rid the church of a 'spirit of Jezebel') is that this writer is telling his readers that compassion is bad.

If you feel sorry for Jezebel, she'll not only pull on your heart strings, but she'll play you like the proverbial fiddle. This master manipulator will seduce you into her web of witchcraft using your own compassion as bait...

People influenced by a Jezebel spirit play the victim. They want your pity. The reason this seducing spirit wants your sympathy is strategic: Pity opens the door for this devil. Soulish compassion blocks discernment—but that's no excuse for tolerating Jezebel. In fact, if you tolerate a Jezebel spirit, Jesus has something against you.

People who take this guy (or others like him) seriously would normally feel sorry for others who don't fit the 'perfect church' mold (i.e. the LGBT community, members of other religions and even more liberal Christians) and perhaps begin to question the reasonableness of their faith, but now they will squash those feelings because they've been taught to interpret them as the wiles of a demonic space witch. If only this writer hadn't left his night job as a Ghostbuster, we (and countless others) wouldn't have to read this kind of drivel.

• Like 2