Goodbye Jesus

Christians: Why would an all-good God base our salvation from Hell on whether or not we believe in a 2,000-year-old supernatural story?

Lyra

Says you.

And everyone else here. The only person who thinks he's doing a great job is you... and as its been pointed out that's delusional.

See, your unbelief is proof of what I have been saying.   You don't believe in God.  Thus personal experience with God will also be rejected by you.   Yet, you clamor for my personal experience.

No, I am pointing out flaws of attributing something to God that happens to non believers, and believers of other religions. Unless god just heals everyone regardless of what they believe. In which case why bother worshiping him if he's just going to heal you.

So do you think god just heals anyone regardless of their beliefs?

Also you didn't answer my question "what is your response to claims from other religions of 'healings' from whatever god they believe in?" Seeing as you believe you are answering all questions please answer this one.

What truths did Christians take from the Old Testament and pervert?  Be specific because I am going to hold you to this.

I'll hit the main one because everything Jesus hinges on it.

Isaiah 7:14. This has nothing to do with the virgin birth of Jesus, in fact the word was mistranslated - the original Hebrew actually means young woman, and its a prophesy to king Ahaz about a sign that the Syrians would be defeated. It's blatant that Christians perverted this - the prophesy explicitly states his name will be Immanuel. Yet when Jesus coms along he's called... well Jesus.

That's one perversion. Unless you start talking common sense there is no way I'm going to waste time running through hundreds - but I can link sources who have gone through and catalogued all the incorrect interpretations of Christians.

I am not concerned with your 'logical fallicies'.    You are.

Yes, you are clearly wilfully ignorant. You don't know how to construct a decent argument, you don't want to learn, moreover you don't care.

I am not required to show you that the Bible is true.   You require it of me.  But you are not who I answer to.

IF you want me to believe you, then you have to show me what you are saying is true. I don't believe everything that everyone says. I believe what people can show to be true. Do you think that I give a rats arse that you can demonstrate that your claims are true? It's no matter to me. You make a claim that you can't back up - big whoop to me.

I have a dragon in my back yard. Believe me or burn! Blah blah, I don't have to show you what I say is true yadda yadda.

You are sinners becaue you are born of Adam.

Eh, no I'm not. I hate to break it to you, but there's no evidence that Eden, Adam, Eve or Steve ever existed. There is evidence that they are retellings of older mythical stories.

But, back to the topic. You didn't define what sin is. You keep telling me I am a sinner. So what is sin?

• Like 1

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

hmm haven't we seen this conversation?

No.  We haven't  Explain why those verses don't prove a Trinity.

Whhhoooooossssshhhh

Hear that whooshing? That's the sound of sarcasm going over you head.

"And now the Sovereign Lord has sent me,
    endowed with his Spirit." 

The Lord sent me: Lord is located somewhere else then?

Endowed with his Spirit: This is vague with respect to a holy trinity. So an errand boy was sent with God's spirit?

If the Kingdom of God is in your heart, or God is in your heart does this mean you are God also? I think it's a stretch to say the above scripture describes a holy trinity.

But hey, it doesn't matter what I think. :)

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Spirit of God descending like a dove an alighting upon him: This doesn't describe a trinity. Just the spirit dropping by.

Voice from heaven said this is my son: This describes two beings, not a trinity.

If the bible said, "I am the triune God" or "Jesus and the Holy Spirit and God are a three in one being" then it would no longer be vague.

But whatever.

The writer In (Is. 48:16) is speaking as God, and says, 'there am I'.  He then says 'the Lord God' and 'his Spirit' hath sent me.    That is three...or a trinity.

Concerning (Matt. 3:16-17) check your math.   Jesus was present.  The Spirit of god descended.   A voice from heaven spoke.   1+1+1 still equals 3....doesn't it?

The Bible says 'in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth'.    That is not vague.  I guess you believe that...don't you?

Stranger

The writer In (Is. 48:16) is speaking as God, and says, 'there am I'.  He then says 'the Lord God' and 'his Spirit' hath sent me.    That is three...or a trinity.

All that is missing is the "Father, Son and Spirit are one and the same."  The trinity is an assumption by modern Christian culture. It isn't biblical.

Concerning (Matt. 3:16-17) check your math.   Jesus was present.  The Spirit of god descended.   A voice from heaven spoke.   1+1+1 still equals 3....doesn't it?

"And the spirit descended into Jesus' body and became one with Jesus. And then God himself came down from heaven and squished himself inside Jesus' body also and then Jesus said, "We are the three in one God!". No, the scripture didnt say that. It just mentioned Jesus, The Spirit and a voice from heaven. Three things...separate. 

The Bible says 'in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth'.    That is not vague.  I guess you believe that...don't you?

Stranger

Red herring/deflection/redirection. I decline the question in favor of the trinity issue.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Why is that?

Stranger

Because you have demonstrated it to be so.

Q: What are you doing here?

The same thing you are.

Stranger

You are deconverting from Christianity? Welcome!

And everyone else here. The only person who thinks he's doing a great job is you... and as its been pointed out that's delusional.

No, I am pointing out flaws of attributing something to God that happens to non believers, and believers of other religions. Unless god just heals everyone regardless of what they believe. In which case why bother worshiping him if he's just going to heal you.

So do you think god just heals anyone regardless of their beliefs?

Also you didn't answer my question "what is your response to claims from other religions of 'healings' from whatever god they believe in?" Seeing as you believe you are answering all questions please answer this one.

I'll hit the main one because everything Jesus hinges on it.

Isaiah 7:14. This has nothing to do with the virgin birth of Jesus, in fact the word was mistranslated - the original Hebrew actually means young woman, and its a prophesy to king Ahaz about a sign that the Syrians would be defeated. It's blatant that Christians perverted this - the prophesy explicitly states his name will be Immanuel. Yet when Jesus coms along he's called... well Jesus.

That's one perversion. Unless you start talking common sense there is no way I'm going to waste time running through hundreds - but I can link sources who have gone through and catalogued all the incorrect interpretations of Christians.

Yes, you are clearly wilfully ignorant. You don't know how to construct a decent argument, you don't want to learn, moreover you don't care.

IF you want me to believe you, then you have to show me what you are saying is true. I don't believe everything that everyone says. I believe what people can show to be true. Do you think that I give a rats arse that you can demonstrate that your claims are true? It's no matter to me. You make a claim that you can't back up - big whoop to me.

I have a dragon in my back yard. Believe me or burn! Blah blah, I don't have to show you what I say is true yadda yadda.

Eh, no I'm not. I hate to break it to you, but there's no evidence that Eden, Adam, Eve or Steve ever existed. There is evidence that they are retellings of older mythical stories.

But, back to the topic. You didn't define what sin is. You keep telling me I am a sinner. So what is sin?

You continue to prove my point.   I will give no personal experience because one who does not believe in God cannot accept any personal experience with God.    

(Is. 7:14) speaks to the virgin birth of Christ.  But, it also speaks to the immediate situation of the Israelites.    For the immediate situation a virgin birth was not necessary.    Concerning the name Immanuel,  the coming Messiah had many names attributed to Him.  See (Is. 9:6).  

Oh yes,   I know, you can google all kinds of so called perversions.   Google =intelligence.  

You say I don't want to learn.  All that means is you have not convinced me.   I don't buy what you are selling.  Seems I have heard that before.

No, it is not that you don't believe everything everyone says.   It is that you do not believe the Scriptures.

Well, Scripture says you are a sinner.  Which proves my point.  You don't believe the Scriptures.

Sin at the root, is another will against God's will.  

Stranger

All that is missing is the "Father, Son and Spirit are one and the same."  The trinity is an assumption by modern Christian culture. It isn't biblical.

"And the spirit descended into Jesus' body and became one with Jesus. And then God himself came down from heaven and squished himself inside Jesus' body also and then Jesus said, "We are the three in one God!". No, the scripture didnt say that. It just mentioned Jesus, The Spirit and a voice from heaven. Three things...separate. 

Red herring/deflection/redirection. I decline the question in favor of the trinity issue.

Sorry, that is not a red herring.  You require explicit language to believe.  Explicit language is given in Gen.1:1.  Yet you do not believe.   This proves the falsity of your argument.

Stranger

Because you have demonstrated it to be so.

How have i demonstrated  it so?

Stranger

Q: What are you doing here?

You are deconverting from Christianity? Welcome!

Thanks.  How am I doing?

Stranger

Well, Scripture says you are a sinner.

Since sin is an imaginary crime against an imaginary being, Scripture can be discarded as utterly out of touch with reality.

Along with your pathetic and laughable "God's DNA" fable.

May you lose your faith and never regain it.  *plonk*

• Like 3

You continue to prove my point.   I will give no personal experience because one who does not believe in God cannot accept any personal experience with God.

You are delusional

(Is. 7:14) speaks to the virgin birth of Christ.  But, it also speaks to the immediate situation of the Israelites.    For the immediate situation a virgin birth was not necessary.    Concerning the name Immanuel,  the coming Messiah had many names attributed to Him.  See (Is. 9:6). 

Christian perversion. It speaks of nothing of the sort unless you concoct a meaning which is not there.

You say I don't want to learn.  All that means is you have not convinced me.   I don't buy what you are selling.  Seems I have heard that before.

I am not trying to convince you of anything... you are not only delusional, you are confused. You are attempting to say your god belief is true. You then use invalid arguments to support your belief. We then say to you that your arguments are invalid, you should learn how to argue correctly. Nothing to do with convincing or selling, it's to do with learning how to converse properly.

No, it is not that you don't believe everything everyone says.   It is that you do not believe the Scriptures.

There is no reason for me to. Don't you understand that. Don't you understand how me not believing everything that is told to me, and not believing the bible are related? You cannot show the bible to be true, your arguments (read assertions) for it are completely underwhelming therefore there is no good reason to believe it. Give me a good reason that does not include my book says, because many books say to believe them.

Well, Scripture says you are a sinner.  Which proves my point.  You don't believe the Scriptures.

Yes, and medical science says you are delusional.

Delusion is defined as: “A false belief based on incorrect inference about external reality that is firmly sustained despite what almost everyone else believes and despite what constitutes the inconvertible and obvious proof or evidence to the contrary.”

Sin at the root, is another will against God's will.

So your definition of sin is "another will against God's will"?

• Like 2

Since sin is an imaginary crime against an imaginary being, Scripture can be discarded as utterly out of touch with reality.

Along with your pathetic and laughable "God's DNA" fable.

May you lose your faith and never regain it.  *plonk*

It is not imaginary because you say so.   

As far as my faith....won't happen.  

Stranger

Thanks.  How am I doing?

Stranger

You're a bit shaky on the basics.

1. The Bible is a mythology written by men

2. Anything written by men is fallible

3. Repeat #1

That should get you started.

• Like 2

You are delusional

Christian perversion. It speaks of nothing of the sort unless you concoct a meaning which is not there.

I am not trying to convince you of anything... you are not only delusional, you are confused. You are attempting to say your god belief is true. You then use invalid arguments to support your belief. We then say to you that your arguments are invalid, you should learn how to argue correctly. Nothing to do with convincing or selling, it's to do with learning how to converse properly.

There is no reason for me to. Don't you understand that. Don't you understand how me not believing everything that is told to me, and not believing the bible are related? You cannot show the bible to be true, your arguments (read assertions) for it are completely underwhelming therefore there is no good reason to believe it. Give me a good reason that does not include my book says, because many books say to believe them.

Yes, and medical science says you are delusional.

Delusion is defined as: “A false belief based on incorrect inference about external reality that is firmly sustained despite what almost everyone else believes and despite what constitutes the inconvertible and obvious proof or evidence to the contrary.”

So your definition of sin is "another will against God's will"?

ok, again, says you.

So, you disagree with (Is.9:6).     

Sure you are.   You are trying to convince me that your disbelief of God is correct.    And you haven't done it.   So what is the problem?

The Scriptures are not there because you have to believe them.   They are there for God's people to believe and instruct them.  

If medical science is against the Bible, then I am against medical science.     

Yes, sin is another wil against God's will.

Stranger

You're a bit shaky on the basics.

1. The Bible is a mythology written by men

2. Anything written by men is fallible

3. Repeat #1

That should get you started.

The Bible is the Word of God written by God    Should get you started also.  See how easy that was?

Stranger

So if you are against medical science, does this mean that if you contract a deadly illness that you will simply pray it away instead of going to a hospital?

• Like 1

So if you are against medical science, does this mean that if you contract a deadly illness that you will simply pray it away instead of going to a hospital?

Where did I say I was against medical science?   

Stranger

Guest end3

Not sure why you are here Stranger.  Even though it is often times difficult, you don't seem to really want to compare and discuss your reasons for belief....just "you don't believe the Bible, so you just don't get it".  And now there are 37 pages of this.  Please help me with what I am missing.  These folks are a pretty decent bunch...

Where did I say I was against medical science?   

Stranger

Three posts ago.

Three posts ago.

I didn't say I was against medical science.  Be honest in what was said.

Stranger

Sorry, that is not a red herring.  You require explicit language to believe.  Explicit language is given in Gen.1:1.  Yet you do not believe.   This proves the falsity of your argument.

Stranger

You, on the other hand stretch what you read to mean what you want it to mean.

You, on the other hand stretch what you read to mean what you want it to mean.

So, do you believe the explicit statement of (Gen.1:1) ?

Stranger

Not sure why you are here Stranger.  Even though it is often times difficult, you don't seem to really want to compare and discuss your reasons for belief....just "you don't believe the Bible, so you just don't get it".  And now there are 37 pages of this.  Please help me with what I am missing.  These folks are a pretty decent bunch...

Are you part of the decent bunch?

Stranger

Oh, right. I forgot. Can't use sarcasm around this one.

"If medical science is against the bible, then I am against medical science."

Obviously, I know you aren't that thick. Though based on your previous posts....

You mean that if medical science tries to go against your beliefs (being delusional, was used in this instance, I think), then you are against that particular part of the science.

Obviously if you have cancer, you would go to the freaking doctor.

There. Honesty. Jeez.