Goodbye Jesus

Christians: Why would an all-good God base our salvation from Hell on whether or not we believe in a 2,000-year-old supernatural story?

Lyra

Guest end3

Are you part of the decent bunch?

Stranger

Yes, I Am.

You going to answer my question instead of ask me a question....I would appreciate it.

Oh, right. I forgot. Can't use sarcasm around this one.

"If medical science is against the bible, then I am against medical science."

Obviously, I know you aren't that thick. Though based on your previous posts....

You mean that if medical science tries to go against your beliefs (being delusional, was used in this instance, I think), then you are against that particular part of the science.

Obviously if you have cancer, you would go to the freaking doctor.

There. Honesty. Jeez.

Nice correction.   

Yes I go to the doctor.   But I trust God with that doctor.    And the doctor doesn't know it all.   God does.  And God can heal and does.   

Stranger

Nice correction.   

Yes I go to the doctor.   But I trust God with that doctor.    And the doctor doesn't know it all.   God does.  And God can heal and does.   

Stranger

So if the doctor fucks up, is it on him/her or god? Did god predetermine the doctor to screw up, or did they do it on their own?

Yes, I Am.

You going to answer my question instead of ask me a question....I would appreciate it.

What is your question?  Why I am here?   

Stranger

So if the doctor fucks up, is it on him/her or god? Did god predetermine the doctor to screw up, or did they do it on their own?

Doctors make mistakes all the time.  Doctors bury their mistakes.    

But God makes no mistakes.   

Stanger

Doctors make mistakes all the time.  Doctors bury their mistakes.    

But God makes no mistakes.   

Stanger

You did not answer the question.

So, do you believe the explicit statement of (Gen.1:1) ?

Stranger

If I tell you my belief or lack of belief in Gen. 1:1, you'll probably just mock me, so I decline to answer. :) 

• Like 2

Guest end3

What is your question?  Why I am here?   

Stranger

Yes please, why are you here.  I think I saw one of your posts where you kind of hinted that you thought these folks were abhorrent to you.  I'm just unclear if this conversation is going nowhere, why would you continue to torment these folks.  I know why I used to....

You did not answer the question.

I sure did. Pay attention.   Doctors make mistakes.   God makes none.  If one dies due to a doctors mistake that is a doctors mistake.  But God overrules all.  And that one wouldn't have died unless God so willed it.  It doesn't matter who made the mistake. 

Stranger

Sure you are.   You are trying to convince me that your disbelief of God is correct.    And you haven't done it.   So what is the problem?

Very quickly:

Remember where BAA said you were changing what was being discussed? - you are doing the EXACT same thing here.

We are asking you to show how your beliefs are true, and you are so totally dishonest and saying "You (Logical Fallacy) are trying to convince me that your disbelief of God is correct"

That is straight up wrong. I am giving reasons why the pitiful assertions you make are incorrect, then asking if you have any other good reason to believe.

You are so out of your depth here that you are resorting to topic switching, false projections, and responding with an average of about 8-10 words per subject line.

Anyway I just thought your dishonesty here needed to be pointed out, and I'll respond more fully to your previous response later.

• Like 1

If I tell you my belief or lack of belief in Gen. 1:1, you'll probably just mock me, so I decline to answer. :) 

Then there is no need for me to answer you either.

Stanger

Yes please, why are you here.  I think I saw one of your posts where you kind of hinted that you thought these folks were abhorrent to you.  I'm just unclear if this conversation is going nowhere, why would you continue to torment these folks.  I know why I used to....

Why's that, End? lol.

Whatever the case it's good to have Christians here so they can smite us with belief and we can smite em back with our non-belief. One needs the other, even if things get heated.

Off to play video games now. Have a good one.

• Like 1

Very quickly:

Remember where BAA said you were changing what was being discussed? - you are doing the EXACT same thing here.

We are asking you to show how your beliefs are true, and you are so totally dishonest and saying "You (Logical Fallacy) are trying to convince me that your disbelief of God is correct"

That is straight up wrong. I am giving reasons why the pitiful assertions you make are incorrect, then asking if you have any other good reason to believe.

You are so out of your depth here that you are resorting to topic switching, false projections, and responding with an average of about 8-10 words per subject line.

Anyway I just thought your dishonesty here needed to be pointed out, and I'll respond more fully to your previous response later.

I have never changed my position.   Go back and reread.  You are just unhappy that I have not changed my position.

Stranger

He's not tormenting anyone End! He is just proving to all that are watching just how evil and close minded fundamentalist religion is!

• Like 1

Guest end3

Why's that, End? lol.

Whatever the case it's good to have Christians here so they can smite us with belief and we can smite em back with our non-belief. One needs the other, even if things get heated.

Off to play video games now. Have a good one.

In only 8000 plus posts!  lol.  But I'm well now....mostly. +1 sir.

I sure did. Pay attention.   Doctors make mistakes.   God makes none.  If one dies due to a doctors mistake that is a doctors mistake.  But God overrules all.  And that one wouldn't have died unless God so willed it.  It doesn't matter who made the mistake. 

Stranger

So god couldn't have saved that person because he willed them to not be saved? Apparently that would make something that god cannot do.

Really?  Your avatar says 'authentic christian'.    

I am here to give my views as a Christian.  Does that bother you?

Stranger

So god couldn't have saved that person because he willed them to not be saved? Apparently that would make something that god cannot do.

Rerread what I said.  Life and death are in the hands of God.  

Stanger

Rerread what I said.  Life and death are in the hands of God.  

Stanger

Okay, so life and death are in god's hands, for sake of argument. He can grant someone life, and take it away.

So if god predetermined for a doctor to fail in an operation and someone to die from that, then would it be fair to say that god could not have saved that life because he willed it to not be saved?

Thus, there is something god cannot do. Save a life in that situation because he willed it not to be. Doesn't sound like an all-powerful god to me if he can't do something. Regardless of whether he willed it or not, that means there is something your god cannot do:

Reverse something that he willed to be done.

I have never changed my position.   Go back and reread.  You are just unhappy that I have not changed my position.

Stranger

For goodness sake learn to read and comprehend. Really hard having a conversation with someone when you have to hold their hand and walk them through everything you say.

Where did I say you changed your position?

• Like 1

Brothers and Sisters ....Let us pray ....

"Dear Heavenly Father Florduh?

May we beseech you Lord that us vile sinners who have endured near 1000 postings because of a bigoted, close minded, brainwashed fundie .... whose eyes are blinded and his ears closed ... may we beseech you that if this individual is needlessly through extremely limited intellect going to just keep repeating himself over and over and over .... may you dear Lord be thinking of closing this senseless diatribe before ex-C runs out of web space? 

Your humble servant!!

Amen!"

• Like 1

Guest end3

Really?  Your avatar says 'authentic christian'.    

I am here to give my views as a Christian.  Does that bother you?

Stranger

I guess what is bothersome is you are seemingly taking the approach of "God predestines and knows all the reasons"....which I agree actually, but what I think would be helpful is that you share why you believe with respect to experience and education rather than just the Bible said it and I believe it.  Just an observation.

Guest end3

Brothers and Sisters ....Let us pray ....

"Dear Heavenly Father Florduh?

May we beseech you Lord that us vile sinners who have endured near 1000 postings because of a bigoted, close minded, brainwashed fundie .... whose eyes are blinded and his ears closed ... may we beseech you that if this individual is needlessly through extremely limited intellect going to just keep repeating himself over and over and over .... may you dear Lord be thinking of closing this senseless diatribe before ex-C runs out of web space? 

Your humble servant!!

Amen!"

Blasphemer.....the father would be the FSM and intercession through Florduh....

The Bible is the Word of God written by God    Should get you started also.  See how easy that was?

Stranger

You choose to believe that God wrote the bible, yet ironically that is not a biblical belief. In fact I don't know a single Christian who doesn't understand that men wrote the bible.  Is this something that you overheard a grown-up say in Sunday school? What grade are you in, Stranger?

Blasphemer.....the father would be the FSM and intercession through Florduh....

...I hope its not the unpardonable sin???