Goodbye Jesus

Christians: Why would an all-good God base our salvation from Hell on whether or not we believe in a 2,000-year-old supernatural story?

Lyra

• Super Moderator

ar·ro·gance
/ˈerəɡəns/
noun
  1. the quality of being arrogant.
    "the arrogance of this man is astounding"
    synonyms: haughtiness, conceit, hubris, self-importance, egotism, sense of superiority

23 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

ar·ro·gance
/ˈerəɡəns/
noun
  1. the quality of being arrogant.
    "the arrogance of this man is astounding"
    synonyms: haughtiness, conceit, hubris, self-importance, egotism, sense of superiority

As you've described yourself, so shall I consider you.

• Super Moderator

And as you've proven yourself to be, so shall we consider you.

43 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

All you gotta do is give your "interpretation" of scripture and put it up against the finest, consistent exegetical works of history. You prove from scripture the claims you make in light of them and I may begin to listen. As it is, there's not a competent one among you. I don't care where you've been, what you've done or who you've been as "former Christians". Youre worthless as far as handling scripture. That's the point of my video and you continue to prove it here. You do PRECISELY the things I say you do which IS the "backing" for my objections. Living and breathing right here.

The bible is silliness and unimportant (to me).  :) Enjoy your beliefs. I'll enjoy mine. I have no great commission to turn you into an agnostic. 

edited.

1 hour ago, LuthAMF said:

All you gotta do is give your "interpretation" of scripture and put it up against the finest, consistent exegetical works of history. You prove from scripture the claims you make in light of them and I may begin to listen. As it is, there's not a competent one among you. I don't care where you've been, what you've done or who you've been as "former Christians". Youre worthless as far as handling scripture. That's the point of my video and you continue to prove it here. You do PRECISELY the things I say you do which IS the "backing" for my objections. Living and breathing right here.

Tell me something: Do you believe the Quran?  

10 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Tell me something: Do you believe the Quran?  

A false equivalent.

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

The bible is silliness and unimportant (to me).  :) Enjoy your beliefs. I'll enjoy mine. I have no great commission to turn you into an agnostic. 

edited.

Excellent. One less to deal with. So, as an admitted impervious dullard, just make sure from this point that you do not attempt to discuss it with anyone.

• Super Moderator

^^^ He actually thinks he's "winning" because a few members have decided not to converse with him any more.  What a deluded fool.

On another note: anybody else up for a game of pigeon chess?

I asked LuthAMF "Do you believe the Quran"

His reply:

7 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

A false equivalent.

You see people. This one can't even answer a simple question. He doesn't know where I was going with the question.

Simply dismisses it as a "false equivalence" when I didn't attempt to equivocate anything.

LuthAMF you have nothing. You present no evidence for your claims, you don't even attempt to engage sincerely (despite promises you would do so).

So regarding you and your bible I will say that which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without consideration.

Come back when you have something worth talking about, and when you are actually willing to engage. If you are not willing to engage then we must simply conclude you are here to cause a shit storm despite your claims to the contrary.

Like I said" If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... well its a duck.

• Like 1

Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

^^^ He actually thinks he's "winning" because a few members have decided not to converse with him any more.  What a deluded fool.

Nah, I think I'm all out. I made my last reply. I've attempted posts in good faith. He refuses to engage honestly. I think @webmdave was right. This guy is a troll. I hope Dave can forgive my doubts. Forgive me webmaster for I have sinned. :D 

• Admin

I upgrade this one to narcissistic little shit, with a side salad of the other three DSM IV Cluster B personality disorders.

I relegate him to third person references only.  

Putting him on ignore is a strong personal desire.  Boring narcissistic little shits, particularly those who profess special knowledge via Christianity, are, well, quite boring, plus they're little shits.  However, in homage to BAA, and others, it is important for those lurkers who visit this site to see real evidence of a truly disdainful, selfish and nutter Christian.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

^^^ He actually thinks he's "winning" because a few members have decided not to converse with him any more.  What a deluded fool.

"Winning". Right. Please quote me or show how I've presumed to be "winning" anything. An unfounded assumption, Prof.

Gotta watch that.

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I asked LuthAMF "Do you believe the Quran"

His reply:

You see people. This one can't even answer a simple question. He doesn't know where I was going with the question.

Simply dismisses it as a "false equivalence" when I didn't attempt to equivocate anything.

LuthAMF you have nothing. You present no evidence for your claims, you don't even attempt to engage sincerely (despite promises you would do so).

So regarding you and your bible I will say that which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without consideration.

Come back when you have something worth talking about, and when you are actually willing to engage. If you are not willing to engage then we must simply conclude you are here to cause a shit storm despite your claims to the contrary.

Like I said" If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... well its a duck.

I can recognize a loaded question. Am I to suppose you had a "new line" to dangle?

Whining children.

• Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
12 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

"Winning". Right. Please quote me or show how I've presumed to be "winning" anything. An unfounded assumption, Prof.

Gotta watch that.

No.

Like others here I now consider it pointless responding directly to LuthAMF.

However for any lurkers who may be reading and wondering where I was going with the question it is this: Presumably the answer regarding believing the Quran is no. At that point LuthAMF is in the same position as any of us and the question becomes why don't you believe the Quran/Bible?

Now if LuthAMF was honest and posting in good faith he would give a raft of objections to the Quran. Many of them similar in nature to our own objections of the bible on a fundamental level. So imagine a Muslim then replying to these objections that:

This is basically what a Muslim would say. You don't understand the Quran. You are worthless infidels etc without actually raising the points at which they disagree with. Dismiss the person so that you don't have to discuss the points being made.

Ya'll worthless heathens who know nothing don't ya know?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Blasphemy! You should be thanking the invisible pink unicorn! May his horn thrust upon you. 

To the best of my knowledge and belief, the Invisible Pink Unicorn is female.  However, we have to take that on faith, just as we are asked to believe that She is simultaneously invisible and pink.  May Her holy hooves never be shod!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Astreja said:

To the best of my knowledge and belief, the Invisible Pink Unicorn is female.  However, we have to take that on faith, just as we are asked to believe that She is simultaneously invisible and pink.  May Her holy hooves never be shod!

Actually I totally mistyped and I knew someone would bring this up. As a transcendent being the great Unicorn of invisible pink does not conform to our mortal expectations of gender. Thus the great unicorn is more correctly referenced as it, though referring directly as divine one, or great unicorn is much preferred to "it". Also much preferred to him/her.

You will recant your stance of a female gendered unicorn or you will be thrust upon by the great horn.

…(Is this the beginning of a split in the church of the unicorn?? :D )

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
22 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I suspect Luth will tuck tail and run pretty soon.  There's a tantrum brewing just below the surface (though he probably won't be as childish about it as christfuckems was)--an impatience at the fact that we aren't swayed by what he perceives as his arguments.  I've seen plenty of christians come and go from these forums.  They start out strong, as Luth did, make plenty of overtures to peaceful discussion/debate, as Luth did, fail to address any of the questions or counter-arguments raised against them, as Luth did, and eventually they run out of steam, as Luth is fixing to do.  They often get more arrogant and spiteful toward the end, which is where Luth currently is.  I've seen this pattern repeated many times; and nothing ever changes but the screen names and profile pics. 

He might surprise me by sticking around; but he just doesn't have the staying power that Ironhorse and End3 had.  I miss those guys.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

He might surprise me by sticking around; but he just doesn't have the staying power that Ironhorse and End3 had.  I miss those guys.

Me too. Ironhorse actually engaged to the best of understanding and abilities and it was genuine. End too.

Even Stranger did better than Luth - and he managed to set the new low bar. Even Christforums was better... actually is the low bar CF or Stranger? Take a pick. LuthAMF now.

• Super Moderator

christfuckems did pretty well all the way up until the end when he pitched his conniption.  Granted, he was slippery and never really addressed any of the issues raised; but that was to be expected.  I never had much to do with stranger; I can only say, with confidence, that not all strangers are strange.

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

However for any lurkers who may be reading and wondering where I was going with the question it is this: Presumably the answer regarding believing the Quran is no. At that point LuthAMF is in the same position as any of us and the question becomes why don't you believe the Quran/Bible?

Now if LuthAMF was honest and posting in good faith he would give a raft of objections to the Quran. Many of them similar in nature to our own objections of the bible on a fundamental level. So imagine a Muslim then replying to these objections that:

This is basically what a Muslim would say. You don't understand the Quran. You are worthless infidels etc without actually raising the points at which they disagree with. Dismiss the person so that you don't have to discuss the points being made.

Ya'll worthless heathens who know nothing don't ya know?

This is a classic DEFLECTION  to not actually deal with anything. Prof Redneck says I have "tactics". Y'all are MASTERS. I ain't intimidated one bit.

40 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Me too. Ironhorse actually engaged to the best of understanding and abilities and it was genuine. End too.

Even Stranger did better than Luth - and he managed to set the new low bar. Even Christforums was better... actually is the low bar CF or Stranger? Take a pick. LuthAMF now.

Yayyy me.

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I suspect Luth will tuck tail and run pretty soon.  There's a tantrum brewing just below the surface (though he probably won't be as childish about it as christfuckems was)--an impatience at the fact that we aren't swayed by what he perceives as his arguments.  I've seen plenty of christians come and go from these forums.  They start out strong, as Luth did, make plenty of overtures to peaceful discussion/debate, as Luth did, fail to address any of the questions or counter-arguments raised against them, as Luth did, and eventually they run out of steam, as Luth is fixing to do.  They often get more arrogant and spiteful toward the end, which is where Luth currently is.  I've seen this pattern repeated many times; and nothing ever changes but the screen names and profile pics. 

Love...absolutely LOVE the psychoanalysis. Staying power? I just may become legendary here. This "battle" has raged from time immemorial. Think a few minutes matter?