Goodbye Jesus

Christians: Why would an all-good God base our salvation from Hell on whether or not we believe in a 2,000-year-old supernatural story?

Lyra

4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:
7 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

You've read the bible "cover to cover" which "made you" atheist.

You make a claim. Back it up. Show me where I have actually said that. 

Hilarious. Downright hilarious. 

Not "you" you. The atheist in general AND YOU KNOW IT!!! 

It's been stated repeatedly here on ExC. It's one of the most common boasts out there. "The quickest path to atheism is reading the bible." 

If you personally haven't said it and you DON'T agree with it then contend with your own because they certainly are.

5 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

The point in getting you to state what you mean was so that I didn't put words in your mouth.

Which is also why I would expect you to state what you mean. Because as soon as I state mine, what are you going to do?

You said "(Note I can think of several verses you might be implying..."

Right. Great. So what are they. Remember, I base this off the case that nearly everyone here used to be Christian so fully understands. 

The very one, joshpantera, who has issued this "challenge" just got done telling me,

"You what (sic) we often do around here as ex christian atheists? Who know dam well what scripture says and understand the contexts in which it was written?"

I literally thought you were meaning me, me. I frankly don't give a shit about "atheist in general". I have many things in common with many atheists, and I also disagree with many things with many atheists. Trying to lump all atheists together is just as asinine as trying to lump all Christians together. That's why I don't say that all Christians believe Genesis literally and that the earth is only 6000 years old because clearly its not true. That's also why I prefer if Christians, specifically you in this case, either make your case, or state your objections to rebuttals made against Christianity.

3 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

"The quickest path to atheism is reading the bible." 

It probably is a number 1 contender. Most Ex-Christians I've spoken to started their questioning after deeper reading of the bible... and realizing it didn't make much sense. Once you take off rose tinted glasses the bible looks different. 

Just now, LuthAMF said:

Which is also why I would expect you to state what you mean. Because as soon as I state mine, what are you going to do?

Depends entirely on your answer. I can't tell you what I'm going to do if I don't know what you are going to say can I?

You are saying the bible says something. I don't know what you think the bible is saying. I can only guess, but I'm not the one making the statement that the bible already says this or that about atheists. So again for the umpteenth time... what does it say?

(PS I can tell the future - you ain't gonna tell me what you think it says are you?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Hilarious. Downright hilarious. 

Not "you" you. The atheist in general AND YOU KNOW IT!!! 

It's been stated repeatedly here on ExC. It's one of the most common boasts out there. "The quickest path to atheism is reading the bible." 

If you personally haven't said it and you DON'T agree with it then contend with your own because they certainly are.

Ignoring my request to analyze the bible verse by verse together from the beginning only makes you look like a coward. And potentially intellectually dishonest. As if you know good and well that the bible isn't literally true and has little in the way of truth value. Because you are still posting as if the quickest path to atheism ISN"T reading the bible. I'm offering a personal demonstration of what can and can not be claimed about the bible and so far I wake up to zero notifications from you responding to it. Only tucking tail, as predicted, and trying to continue nit picking atheist members here. 

You aren't engaging the content. You're just trolling. And we've been very laid back about moderating you for this trolling

I've given you the chance to redeem yourself and you've let it fall on flaccid results. 

Are you just trolling members or are you serious about trying to back up your claims about the bible, truth, the universe and reality? Destiny awaits........

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Ignoring my request to analyze the bible verse by verse together from the beginning only makes you look like a coward. And potentially intellectually dishonest. Because you are still posting as if the quickest path to atheism ISN"T reading the bible. I'm offering a personal demonstration of what can and can not be claimed about the bible and so far I wake up to zero notifications from you responding to it. Only tucking tail, as predicted, and trying to continue nit picking atheist members here. 

You aren't engaging the content. You're just trolling. And we've been very laid back about moderating you for this trolling, less a warning of sorts from webmaster Dave. 

I've given you the chance to redeem yourself and you've let it fall on flaccid results. 

Are you just trolling members or are you serious about trying to back up your claims about the bible, truth, the universe and reality? Destiny awaits........

I havent ignored a thing. I commented on your 1st lob. Then i did a little thing called sleep. Cool your jets and shut your mouth. 

Are you gonna be one of those who insists on immediate responses and then charges "running away" when someone engages in other life activities other than pacifying  You? It's infantile but I'll be sure to hold you to the same if you like. I say you get 30 seconds to reply to me each time. Sound fair? Of course it doesn't. So relax.

6 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Destiny awaits........

Yeah... and I'm off to bed cause I ain't staying up waiting. Hopefully the morn will bring a nice surprise and we will have a well thought out post from LuthAMF that will actually make us think. Don't hold ya breath though... don't want anyone to die of suspense :D 

2 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Yeah... and I'm off to bed cause I ain't staying up waiting. Hopefully the morn will bring a nice surprise and we will have a well thought out post from LuthAMF that will actually make us think. Don't hold ya breath though... don't want anyone to die of suspense :D 

See,  impetuous Josh? Even LogicalFallacy sleeps. 

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Are you gonna be one of those who insists on immediate responses and then charges "running away" when someone engages in other life activities other than pacifying  You?

It seems like similar sentiments were expressed by christfuckems, thumperina, fungi-rye, and several others just prior to their departures.  But maybe I'm just psycho-analysing the objective observation of a consistent pattern.

23 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

I havent ignored a thing. I commented on your 1st lob. Then i did a little thing called sleep. Cool your jets and shut your mouth. 

Are you gonna be one of those who insists on immediate responses and then charges "running away" when someone engages in other life activities other than pacifying  You? It's infantile but I'll be sure to hold you to the same if you like. I say you get 30 seconds to reply to me each time. Sound fair? Of course it doesn't. So relax.

No, what I'm saying is that last night eastern standard time, I went to bed after you were actively posting in this thread. I asked you to first go and hash out the bible with me so we can establish what it is before you get carryied away making claims. But rather than engaging the content, you kept posting here and ignoring the thread I started. Trolling members here. If you slept, then instead of waking up and engaging the content, you came back here again with another round of trolling and nit picking rather than engaging the content. 

You can take all the time you'd like responding to the bible analysis. And you'll certainly need time to think about things that you haven't already considered yet about the bible when you have to face all of them. That's ok. But you haven't even responded in the first place, to the first verse of the bible. Do you not know how to respond to Genesis 1:1 already. You don't already have beliefs about what Genesis 1:1 means? All I'm asking is for you to tell me what you think it means. Then I'll respond back. We can analyze the verses, consider the Hebrew, etc., etc., and see whether or not we find agreement. If we can not, then we can note "agree to disagree" and move on to verse 2. 

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It seems like similar sentiments were expressed by christfuckems, thumperina, fungi-rye, and several others just prior to their departures.  But maybe I'm just psycho-analysing the objective observation of a consistent pattern.

Or maybe since so many others noticed it, he MAY JUST BE an impetuous brat.

4 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

No, what I'm saying is that last night eastern standard time, I went to bed after you were actively posting in this thread. I asked you to first go and hash out the bible with me so we can establish what it is before you get carrying away making claims. But rather than engaging the content, you kept posting here and ignoring the thread I started. Trolling members here. I you slept, then instead of waking up and engaging the content, you came back here again with another round of trolling and nit picking. 

You can take all the time you'd like responding to the bible analysis. And you'll certainly need time to think about things that you haven't already considered yet about the bible when you have to face all of them. That's ok. But you haven't even responded in the first place, to the first verse of the bible. Do you not know how to respond to Genesis 1:1 already. You don't don't already have beliefs about what Genesis 1:1 means? All I'm asking is for you to tell me what you think it means. They I'll respond back. We can see whether or not we find agreement. If we can not, then we can note "agree to disagree" and move on to verse 2. 

Ooooonly focus upon meeeee

Ignoring the thread you posted? I posted once. Where is it?

Ignoring the thread you posted? I posted once. Where is it?

There's no posts as of yet: 

I'll be working all day. So you can state your piece about Genesis 1:1 and I'll respond. You can take your time responding back and we can have a fair handed discussion and debate the issues. 

• Super Moderator
10 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Or maybe since so many others noticed it, he MAY JUST BE an impetuous brat.

No.  I think they all expressed the sentiment that they had other life activities in which to engage as an excuse to cover for not being able to answer questions/challenges/counter-arguments at all, let alone in a timely fashion.  But kudos to you, your powers of misperception are without equal.

Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

No.  I think they all expressed the sentiment that they had other life activities in which to engage as an excuse to cover for not being able to answer questions/challenges/counter-arguments at all, let alone in a timely fashion.  But kudos to you, your powers of misperception are without equal.

Yeah...just like you assumed Christforums was lying when he said he was moving until one of your own shoved it back down your throat.

• Super Moderator

Yeah...just like you assumed Christforums was lying when he said he was moving until one of your own shoved it back down your throat.

Funny you have time to read back that far in the forums, and to respond to me; but not to meet josh's challenge.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Funny you have time to read back that far in the forums, and to respond to me; but not to meet josh's challenge.  

Which is actually none of your business, now, is it?

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Which is actually none of your business, now, is it?

Yes.  Anything you post on this website becomes all of our business.  Were you not aware of how the internet works?

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Yes.  Anything you post on this website becomes all of our business.  Were you not aware of how the internet works?

So that means you're going to be freely interjecting in the "debate"? I have absolutely no interest in enduring that.

And so much for 1 Peter 3:15.  :yelrotflmao:

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, LuthAMF said:

So that means you're going to be freely interjecting in the "debate"? I have absolutely no interest in enduring that.

I'll happily observe your "debate" with Josh from the peanut gallery, if that will give you one less excuse to tuck tail and run.

Any other thread, though, is public domain.

1 minute ago, Astreja said:

And so much for 1 Peter 3:15.  :yelrotflmao:

A bit premature...but whatever. To be expected.

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'll happily observe your "debate" with Josh from the peanut gallery, if that will give you one less excuse to tuck tail and run.

Any other thread, though, is public domain.

"...tuck tail and run."

Y'all love that one, don't you?

• Super Moderator
27 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

"...tuck tail and run."

Y'all love that one, don't you?

It's one of the catch-phrases they teach us in atheist school, along with the proper temperature for cooking babies, and how to fill that "god-shaped hole" with illicit sex and hardcore street drugs.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's one of the catch-phrases they teach us in atheist school, along with the proper temperature for cooking babies, and how to fill that "god-shaped hole" with illicit sex and hardcore street drugs.

Cool. Learn something new everyday.

It's morning aanndd nothing of substance. So disappoint.