Goodbye Jesus

Ask a Christian

Sight

Hello folks.

I want to plant this seed here...ask ANY questions about Christianity you want here. This is for both non-believers and believers.

I will give you an unbiased, wise, educated answer. My objective isn't to create a convert, although...if any answers seem to make you consider a different way of thinking, great.

So, ask away.

About the bible...Jesus...the apostles...Paul...the Old Testament...New Testament.

BUT I PREFACE: Christianty and the CATHOLIC CHURCH are NOT the same. One is real, the other is an illegitimate world governing construct (And dont be cute and say both).

Could you take a shot at the questions in the thread I started the other day? :) 

BUT I PREFACE: Christianty and the CATHOLIC CHURCH are NOT the same. One is real, the other is an illegitimate world governing construct (And dont be cute and say both).

Goody, we are starting off with a logical fallacy: The no true Scotsman fallacy. Please read this http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/no-true-scotsman/

Now that you have read that, please justify why we should not consider, in the light of history, the Catholic church 'TRUE' (TM) Christianity and the protestant Christians 'false'?

Also please declare your particular affiliated denomination. (Protestant is not a denomination - protestant doctrines are more diverse with each other than the differences between Catholics and Protestants)

Hello folks.

I want to plant this seed here...ask ANY questions about Christianity you want here. This is for both non-believers and believers.

I will give you an unbiased, wise, educated answer. My objective isn't to create a convert, although...if any answers seem to make you consider a different way of thinking, great.

So, ask away.

About the bible...Jesus...the apostles...Paul...the Old Testament...New Testament.

This makes it appear that you assume that we don't really know much about Christianity. Allow me to remind you that this is an EX-CHRISTIAN forum. In other words, most of us used to be Christians. Many of us were fervent in our pursuit of God but later came to the distressing realization that there are insurmountable problems with Christianity. For myself and some others, it was in-depth studies of the Bible that opened our eyes. It was a difficult and painful process coming to grips with the fact that the worldview we were raised with was a big, fat lie, but we simply followed the evidence where it led us. We are not ignorant of Christianity nor its claims, nor even the us-vs-them attitude of some versions against other versions that shows itself at the end of your post. Thus, any questions you may get here will most likely be meant to try to get you to think. They will not be searching for answers for things we already know.

Could you take a shot at the questions in the thread I started the other day? :) 

For convenience, here it is:

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

All my questions about Christianity have already been thoroughly researched and answered. That's why I'm here now.

• Like 9

You should be asking us questions. I guarantee we have more to teach you than you us. 

• Like 5

I have a question:

How do you know you can trust your own mind? The things you think, the things you believe.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

My question would be if you're as arrogant about everything else in your life as you are about your religion.  

• Like 4

My questions are so simple but I really need facts and evidence. The bible has all the answers, right?

1. Did Adam and Eve have bellybuttons?

2. Why do men have nipples?

Thanks in advance and welcome.

• Like 1

I always thought it was so the ladies had a target for theirs when there is skin to skin contact. Aren't too many feelings better than that... 

• Like 4

I guess we'll never know the answers to our questions now that he's gone.

• Like 1

Here is my question to you :

Imagine there was no notion of sin in christianity. Meaning, there was no hell, no judgment, nothing. God being all loving and accepting and all forgiving, accepting everyone in heaven after your death. Every human "saved" no matter what his beliefs or life choices are. Would you change some things in the way you live your life, and if so, what ?

• Like 1

Hello folks.

So, ask away.

Would  you like to see all people kneeling before Christ? If yes then your religious organization wants to be a world governing construct. Mt 28:19.

• Like 1

My questions are so simple but I really need facts and evidence. The bible has all the answers, right?

1. Did Adam and Eve have bellybuttons?

Thanks in advance and welcome.

Your questions were better than mine. :)

• Like 1

Your questions were better than mine. :)

I think my sarcastic  post in the other thread may have chased him away......:P

Mid...do you know if Adam and Eve had bellybuttons???

Mid...do you know if Adam and Eve had bellybuttons???

And if so, did they get bellybutton lint from fig leaves?

• Like 1

No no, false assertion. I have mathematically proved that BAA's post chased Sight away. However if you ask me for my calculations I am going to pack a wobbly and bitch about you not trusting my math. :P

"And if so, did they get bellybutton lint from fig leaves? "

What I want to know is why would they use fig leaves? Why not Banana leaves? You can do a full body cover with one leaf - it could have been the first burka!

And what the hell did they sew the fig leaves together with? They just grabbed a needle and thread after wandering around with no tools did they?

• Like 2

And what the hell did they sew the fig leaves together with? They just grabbed a needle and thread after wandering around with no tools did they?

O ye of little faith! Who art thou to question the Almighty?! 

• Like 1

O ye of little faith! Who art thou to question the Almighty?! 

Well if the Almighty is going to put retarded shit in his holy book he's gonna have to face some criticism like the rest of us hey?

• Like 2

Well if a man was made of the dust of the ground and a woman was made from a rib of man, (we woman had the first rib dinner

from you men :jerkit: ) they really didn't need belly buttons, did they? But now what about their  kids? So the kids must have had the

first belly-buttons? This belly button thing has been bothering me lately!!! I thought the new christian guy would have all the answers!! :woohoo:

Again, I must depend on you guys for my answers! :kiss:

Hello folks.

So, ask away.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Adam was made from dirt. No belly button but perhaps a small sinkhole.

• Like 2

Hello folks.

So, ask away.

In case he's lurking, I have a belated question for Sight.

He writes that... 

"I am indeed a born again Christian, saved by the blood of Jesus Christ my LORD and savior, and as such, I am a Christian, and I acknowledge Jesus as my LORD."

Yet, in his thread, 'Bypassing Jesus : How Can A Christian Succeed?' he writes...

I want it all now. As a 28 year old, I want to be free. I dream of being free...free from trading time for dollars, free from having to kiss up to a boss, free from trying to run in circles. I want total control of my life, on my terms.

In Christianity, this isn't possible. Many are called to lay down their life for Christ...that is, to give up the desires of self for the sake of accepting Jesus Christ and entering into relationship with him. While some can do that, some, like me, aren't sold on it.

He's not sold on laying down his life for Jesus Christ.

He wants to bypass Jesus Christ in favor of money and success.

He says that gaining the wealth and material rewards he wants isn't possible in Christianity.

So, my question to him is this.

In the light of what Jesus said below, who (or what) is the LORD that Sight truly loves, really serves and is actually devoted to?

Matthew 6 : 24

“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 1

Matthew 6 : 24

“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Thanks,

BAA.

Ironically many a Christian has found their way around that little problem.

My understanding from Christian circles is that it is not money per se that is the problem. It is the love of money. And of course Christians only love Jesus. Problem solved.

Others may have different 'solutions'.

So, from the content of his posts, who (or what) do you think Sight loves most, LF?