Goodbye Jesus

A good Christian explains the bombing at the Ariana Grande concert

Fweethawt

Yep. this shit was bound to pop up.

Religious fuckwits all round.

• Like 2

The right to free speech has gone way too far.

The bodies of the victims are not even in the ground.. He should be arrested and charged.

• Like 1

The bodies of the victims are not even in the ground.. He should be arrested and charged.

No he should be ridiculed with contempt. Crucify him publically via internet and media.

• Like 3

No he should be ridiculed with contempt. Crucify him publically via internet and media.

I don't think that's a good idea, look what happened to the last guy they crucified.

Indeed. The same thing happened in the aftermath of the Pulse nightclub bombing in Orlando, if you remember. While certainly not the majority, there were at least a few vocal pastors around the U.S. foaming that they had no sympathy for the victims–one preacher in particular I remember reading about (I don't recall his name, unfortunately) remarked that he was sorry the nightclub bomber didn't finish the job (killing all the 'sodomites' in the area). Watching this short clip was just as infuriating. 

I'd heard a bit about Ted Shoebat and expected him to say some insane stuff in the video; needless to say I was not disappointed. As he repeatedly reminded his viewers how little he cares about the victims of this attack, I wondered if the man is simply unable to empathize on a mental/emotional level, or if his particular brand of religion is to blame for his sociopathic tendencies. Probably, it's both. 

I thought his commentary on the concert-goers' pictures especially distasteful, and it was pretty obvious Shoebat was grasping at straws when he started ranting about how one man shaved his hair on the sides, marking him as a homosexual for all True Christians™ to see. If there was any point in the video where I might have laughed, it was when Shoebat tried to reassure his audience that despite his angry, hate-filled rhetoric against LGBT folks (or anyone who dresses or styles their hair in a way he doesn't like), he totally doesn't support blowing up people who disagree with him on these things. Not sure if I believe him, though...

But seriously, if you have to go out of your way to make sure people know you're not okay with bombing innocent people (including children), you are doing something very, very wrong.

• Like 3

I don't think that's a good idea, look what happened to the last guy they crucified.

ROTFLMAO!

Touché - he might end up having his own religion. His followers would be known as Shoebatians. The shoe will be their holy relic. :D

ROTFLMAO!

Touché - he might end up having his own religion. His followers would be known as Shoebatians. The shoe will be their holy relic. :D

:D

But seriously, if you have to go out of your way to make sure people know you're not okay with bombing innocent people (including children), you are doing something very, very wrong.

No empathy at all. Somewhere along the line, he lost his ability to empathize. That's what religious brainwashing does to a person. He might as well be a christian terrorist. Couldn't barely watch. Scary people who look normal. :woopsie: 

• Like 1

The right to free speech has gone way too far.

I very strongly disagree with restricting speech.  The same argument could be used (and is, every day) to persecute atheists in Muslim countries.  Freedom to speak should include freedom to say things that the majority find abhorrent, even hateful. 

I very strongly disagree with restricting speech.  The same argument could be used (and is, every day) to persecute atheists in Muslim countries.  Freedom to speak should include freedom to say things that the majority find abhorrent, even hateful. 

Eh, I don't entirely disagree.

This seems to me to betray within a section of the Christian psyche precisely the same hate as is found within a section of the Muslim psyche.

Radical hatred is a poison in every sphere.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the guy in the video is a future Christian terrorist.

• Like 2

Aw, so we can't crucify him for real? *cries*

People reacted this way to Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans too. A super Christian girl got up in my face and said in hateful tone she has no pity for any victim in Katrina, they got what they deserved.

• 4 weeks later...

So no Xians are harmed in any natural or unnatural incident??

Almost entices me to believe.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Oh this deranged nutbag, theo shoebatshitcrazy