Goodbye Jesus

Songs of Praise - again

Ellinas

Mrs E is currently watching "Songs of Praise" - an entire programme based around the Manchester bombing.

And no-one is asking why their loving god did not prevent it.  They're just breathing their platitudes with semi-hushed voices.

It's beginning to cook my proverbial swede.  At least the damned thing is nearly finished...

• Like 2

When I was a christian, I tried so hard not to question god. We were taught that it was 'fallin' man and if the whole world accepted jesus, we simply would not have world problems.

I'm glad the program is almost over for you. 

(hug)

• Like 2

Even as a Christian I hated that programme. You are talking about the British religious show? Vulgar programme.

• Like 1

Even as a Christian I hated that programme. You are talking about the British religious show? Vulgar programme.

Yep, that's the one.  Aled Jones trying to look sincere.  Selection faceless nonentities spouting platitudes.  Shots of the raptured faces of congregations singing various versions of the same old nonsense.

Yes it's highly plastic. Fake joy. When I was a boy it was held at a local church. I knew for a fact this church was quiet but it was full to capacity that day, I saw it on telly, everyone dressed beautifully for a church in a very deprived district.  I get a " special joy" to see that church today. It got deconsecrated due to falling numbers and was set on fire by local neds. It still stands...just...roof blackened and gaping, the whole structure fenced off for safety awaiting demolition.