Goodbye Jesus

Christian music crush

whitehorse

I'm kinda inlove with modern Christian music, and I have no idea why. More and more I'm tuning into the Christian radio station.

But I'm dialing out when the preachers get on, kinda like dodging bullets. Then I'm back to tune into more music.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Anything?

Christian music is specifically designed to tug at your emotions. Sometimes, I catch myself listening just because a song has a good beat, and I'm okay with it if I tune out the meaning of the words. Christian pop music is especially cunning. It's no different than top 40 pop in that way.

And yeah, I'm the same as you: when the announcers or preachers come on, I book it to another channel.

Christian music is specifically designed to tug at your emotions. Sometimes, I catch myself listening just because a song has a good beat, and I'm okay with it if I tune out the meaning of the words. Christian pop music is especially cunning. It's no different than top 40 pop in that way.

And yeah, I'm the same as you: when the announcers or preachers come on, I book it to another channel.

Yeah, when they are singing about loving God, I think about the woman I love.

They really are in love with a God in their heads.

Nothing wrong with the music. If you treat it just as music there are some nice songs.

As a Christian I listened to non Christian music and didn't think anything of it, I see no reason to think anything of listening to any music now I'm Ex-C.

Nothing wrong with the music. If you treat it just as music there are some nice songs.

As a Christian I listened to non Christian music and didn't think anything of it, I see no reason to think anything of listening to any music now I'm Ex-C.

Yeah, that's right.

Christian music has no magical properties that will make you into a believer. I have not believed for more than 50 years so nothing christian has any special meaning to me. If I sing along with Johnny Cash about shooting a man in Reno just to watch him die, no matter if I put myself exactly in the place the song suggests I'm not going to go out and do something like that. It can be harmless fun to play make believe, even make believe devoted Jesus freak. I just wouldn't think twice about it. Listen to any music you like and think anything you like. There are so many significant issues to concern yourself with I just wouldn't make this into one. Enjoy your new found freedom and sing along!

Christian music has no magical properties that will make you into a believer. I have not believed for more than 50 years so nothing christian has any special meaning to me. If I sing along with Johnny Cash about shooting a man in Reno just to watch him die, no matter if I put myself exactly in the place the song suggests I'm not going to go out and do something like that. It can be harmless fun to play make believe, even make believe devoted Jesus freak. I just wouldn't think twice about it. Listen to any music you like and think anything you like. There are so many significant issues to concern yourself with I just wouldn't make this into one. Enjoy your new found freedom and sing along!

Awww, that's some sexy thinking.

I don't think listening to Christian music means you'd adhere to its values anymore than listening to rap music that talks about "scoring coke, f*cking b*tchez, and killing people" all day long. Personally, I can't stomach Christian music anymore because it's painful for me. I think about what the music used to mean to me and how empty of meaning it is now, so avoid it. :)

I don't listening to Christian music means you'd adhere to its values anymore than listening to rap music that talks about "scoring coke, f*cking b*tchez, and killing people" all day long. Personally, I can't stomach Christian music anymore because it's painful for me. I think about what the music used to mean to me and how empty of meaning it is now, so avoid it. :)

Do you want me to burn a bible in front of a church for you?

• Like 1

Pics or it didn't happen. xD

Pics or it didn't happen. xD

Okie's.

Oh man, the early Deliriou5 still tugs at me, but I don't listen to it at all.  But yeah, it is all just tailored to pull at your heart strings.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it interesting that at the end of many church services, during the final prayer, they suddenly start fading in some soft music. Especially when people are speaking at the mega music festivals like Creation. It always felt manipulative. Like some psychology trick similar to playing happy music in stores when we go shopping, increasing our happiness and likeliness to buy more. 

• Like 1