Goodbye Jesus

In G.a.w.d We Trust

Reverend AtheiStar

G.A.W.D., which stands for the Global Atheist War Division, was formed on July 11, 1955 by a group of young militant unbelievers who had had enough. They chose this day to act because this is the day that their raving fundamentalist President, Dwight D. Eisenhower, unconstitutionally approved bill H R 619 which officially put the exclusively Christian motto on our paper currency. Their beloved secular pledge had already been corrupted, by this point, along with the coins, so this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The organization was called "global" for several reasons. The first is that the original founding members, who's names have been forever sworn to secrecy, were not all born here. One was a Russian who emigrated to America shortly after his family was killed in August of 1942 when the devoutly Christian Nazi army laid siege to his home city of Stalingrad. Another member came here with his family from India after they grew tired of the constant violence, in his home province of Kashmir, between Hindus and Muslims. Yet another came all the way from China in search of a better life. When he arrived he didn't find the brotherly love that had been preached to him by the missionaries who scavenged his homeland like wolves looking for an easy kill. Instead he found intolerance and a government that seemed on the verge of a theocracy. The rest of the members were Americans from varied locations that included Georgia, Alabama, New York and California.

The second reason was because the problem of rabid religiosity was not just a local dilemma. It was a scourge that had infected the entire Earth. Without strong resistance on all fronts their could be no hope for a religion-free tomorrow. They knew that they would have to take a stand and fight for what they believed in and defend it at all costs. They knew knew that it would take a long time, decades, perhaps centuries, and that it would be a dangerous job, but in the end the light of reason would prevail.

The third, of course, was because though it was based in the U.S., chapters soon popped up all over the world. Where ever religion was oppressing mankind, GAWD was there doing their best to counter their efforts.

In modern times, with the advent of the internet, GAWD has grown incredibly strong. They have branched out and have members in major corporations, charitable organizations and governments around the world. Our own Congress has no less than 20 members! Sure, it's no majority, but it's a step in the right direction and their influence will grow as time passes.

Many brave men and women have fallen defending the ideals set forth by the original brotherhood. Many more shall fall before it's over. But in the end we shall prevail. We shall enter into a new Age of Enlightenment and the whole world will shake off the chains of religion, take off the blindfold and see the whole universe with new eyes!

Don't you want to do your part to help usher in this glorious new age? Don't you want a religion-free tomorrow? It can happen. It's not just a fanciful dream. But not without your help. Join today!

~Reverend AtheiStar

http://www.reverendatheistar.com

http://reverendatheistar.blogspot.com/

http://www.FTLshop.com

----------------------------------------

"Faith is powerful enough to immunize people against all appeals to pity, to forgiveness, to

decent human feelings. It even immunizes them against fear, if they honestly believe that

a martyr's death will send them straight to heaven."

~Richard Dawkins

The Selfish Gene

I may detest Xianity and any sort of fanatical religion, but I will not support any organization that would militantly try to stamp out religion in general. Xianity will die of its own accord, and the majority of folks in the world aren't going to swallow something like that again.

To quote Morgan Freeman from "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" - "With respect, I must decline."

I may detest Xianity and any sort of fanatical religion, but I will not support any organization that would militantly try to stamp out religion in general. Xianity will die of its own accord, and the majority of folks in the world aren't going to swallow something like that again.

To quote Morgan Freeman from "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" - "With respect, I must decline."

First, it's completely fictional. I made it up. Second, in my conception of the idea, it was more of a defensive position, than an offensive. The exception, I suppose, would be in nations run by violent theocratic dicatators. Then I could imagine my fanciful organization setting up coups and then setting up better governments. Not ones in which Atheism was mandatory, though. That has never worked. You can't force a belief of the lack thereof because it's not a choice in the first place! No, it'd be more like science and mythological (read: all religions) education would be pushed to facilitate the natural evolution of a majorly Atheist society.

Heh - that's good, then. Education is always better than enforcement. Show them the evidence and let them make their own choices. But that's it - just show, never push. The big problem with religion is with the folks who make too big a deal out of it, not the fact religions exist. Except, of course, in the case of governments who force a certain belief (or unbelief) - then it's an infringement of basic human rights and some force in return in required.

So, on second thought - and so long as that's the way of things - I'm cool with G.A.W.D., fictional or nay. That sounds weird no matter how I say it, if'n ye follow me :58:

Heh - that's good, then. Education is always better than enforcement. Show them the evidence and let them make their own choices. But that's it - just show, never push. The big problem with religion is with the folks who make too big a deal out of it, not the fact religions exist. Except, of course, in the case of governments who force a certain belief (or unbelief) - then it's an infringement of basic human rights and some force in return in required.

So, on second thought - and so long as that's the way of things - I'm cool with G.A.W.D., fictional or nay. That sounds weird no matter how I say it, if'n ye follow me :58:

Yeah, I hear ya. lol... It's supposed to be like that. It makes for nifty meaning reversals like "G.A.W.D. Loves You!" or "G.A.W.D & Country." It's oh so blaspemous, too, as it's just so close to the original!

I have another that's very similar, though, I can't claim credit for coming up with it. You could say that it was a sign from G.A.W.D!

dang reverand you had my hopes up. I was hope you had a link so I could sign up. Oh well I still have the EAC to look towards.

Fist authentic military action - raze the Vatican! :vent:

:fdevil::pureevil::fdevil:

dang reverand you had my hopes up. I was hope you had a link so I could sign up. Oh well I still have the EAC to look towards.

Sorry, it's more a mental exercise of what could be than something that actually is. It's something that loosley exists, though, just not in that particular form. We are in a war of sorts right now. And Atheists have been killed in a few modern instances. I'm reminded of two recent murders: the guy in Australia who murdered an Atheist man and his wife, with their own axe, after they housed him and fed him but made the fatal mistake of admitting that they happen to lack belief in all gods and goddesses, and the guy here in America who, after failing to convince his Atheist roomate that his imaginary SkyDaddy existed, shot him in the head -- and then was afarid to get near him for fear his "evil soul" would jump out at him! Then, of course, we have our "martyr," Madalyn Murray O'Hair. Add to that the countless evils perpertrated over the centuries that one can read in James Haught's Holy Horrors and we have quite a few brothers and sisters that have fallen for simply not believing in the popular superstition -- and in many cases, the right version (read: sect) of the popular superstiution.

What would you have put in it's place? I read a story about Russia where they razed a church and built a swimming pool where it used to be! What would cover the space that this building presently occupies? A mall? A museum? A zoo? A botanical park?

The best I can do for you is the link to the original story on my site: http://www.reverendatheistar.com/in_gawd_we_trust.htm

You could join my mailing list: nothingfailslikeprayer@hotmail.com

What would you have put in it's place? I read a story about Russia where they razed a church and built a swimming pool where it used to be! What would cover the space that this building presently occupies? A mall? A museum? A zoo? A botanical park?

Something evil! :fdevil:

Like one of those God damned libraries! :pureevil:

But, Fwee, you can't do that without...

demon.gifdemon.gifdemon.gifDEMONS!!! demon.gifdemon.gifdemon.gif

Or some wicked-looking...

DaedricSeducer4.gif

BITCHES

WITH

WINGS!!!

DaedricSeducer4.gif

NOW we can raze some churches! Muahahaha! :fdevil: :fdevil: :fdevil:

Something evil! :fdevil:

Like one of those God damned libraries! :pureevil:

Oh yes! And we could pack it with books <gasp!> on science topics like evolution, geology, astronomy, neurology, abiogenesis, cosmology, paleontology, astrobiology and even <Oh no!> human sexuality!

DaedricSeducer4.gif

Got some bouncin' goin' on there... I like that! :wicked:

Oh yes! And we could pack it with books <gasp!> on science topics like evolution, geology, astronomy, neurology, abiogenesis, cosmology, paleontology, astrobiology and even <Oh no!> human sexuality!
T'would be a genuine Hell on Earth! :fdevil:

Guest Guest
DaedricSeducer4.gif

Got some bouncin' goin' on there... I like that! :wicked:

T'would be a genuine Hell on Earth! :fdevil:

The horror! The horror! Having to see reality the way it really is? Is anyone brave enough to do that? And without any imaginary friends to hold your shaking little hands? I perish at the thought!

The horror! The horror! Having to see reality the way it really is? Is anyone brave enough to do that? And without any imaginary friends to hold your shaking little hands? I perish at the thought!

<sigh> This was me. Damn it. I wish it would just automatically know who I was. What's a guy got to do to get a telepathic computer?!

Dude, you just lied. :Doh:

You had a thought. Then you said that you "perish at the thought" of the thought that you just had, then you turn around and post again.

How could you post again if you just perished? :twitch:

Jesus, is that you?!?!? :eek:

:HaHa:

Dude, you just lied. :Doh:

You had a thought. Then you said that you "perish at the thought" of the thought that you just had, then you turn around and post again.

How could you post again if you just perished? :twitch:

Jesus, is that you?!?!? :eek:

:HaHa:

lol... Hey now, Jesus was certainly not the first mythological character to come back from the dead and he won't be the last. It's a popular topic in fiction.

I like to think of Jesus as a flesh eating zombie. That's why he rose from the dead. He still was. The virus, as we all know, kills the person and then reanimates them. Can you imagine the look on his followers' faces?

"Jesus, you've come back to us!"

"Praise the Lord!"

"Jesus, are you ok? You don't look so good."

"Rrrrrrrraaarrrrrrr...."

"Aaaaaa! That hurt! Why'd you bite me? Get off me! Aaaaaa!"

There's a funny little cartoon on this topic that I just love: http://www.thefunny.org/easter.php

DaedricSeducer4.gif

Jiggle!

Crap, I was oiling my gun. :(

Crap, I was oiling my gun. :(

lol... Sorry, but you should take that motivation and put it toward the real war going on. There's a raging cultural war that's very real. Theocrats, creationists and all other manners of religious bullies need to be taken to task. Who is brave enough to rise up and confront the zombified masses?

• 2 weeks later...

I will gladly muwhahahahahaha. :pureevil:

I will gladly muwhahahahahaha. :pureevil:

Glad to hear it! Onward Soldiers of GAWD!