Goodbye Jesus

Time for a real debate!

Abiyoyo

If there is one thing that I'm looking forward to with more anticipation than the members of Tribforces are waiting to be sucked up into the sky, it is the day that YoYo learns how to use the board codes.  :lmao:

Now now, I can't seem to do the quote thing right when I break up another's post either. Be nice. :)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abiyoyo

• Merlinfmct87

• Fweethawt

• BigToe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feel free to tell me the precepts that all the above topics occurred, and then tell me why you still use these "biblical" processes as a non-believer.

What biblical processes?

YoYo yelled at you for quoting scripture using the context excuse, then turned around and quoted one line herself.

No, I didn't yell. I simply stated that the verse was out of context. Was my verse out of context?

Not really, no. But I don't assume evolution is true... I see the evidence before I trust it.

Good for you.

Merlin

Um, our immortal spirits or souls  all presumely come from god and therefore are god's children.  So doesn't that make us sons of god (infinity) as well?  I, personally think that was what he was trying to teach about mankind.  That is, if he existed.

Not really, I believe that He was trying to tell us that Jesus was the Son of God, and that us "sons" can receive the Holy Spirit(which replaced the ole' cloud of God type stuff) to accomplish the fulfillment of His Word, and also to be our Helper, as said in scripture of coarse.

Can anyone simply tell me some time frames of the Books of Moses, if hypothetically the Bible was true?

No, I didn't yell. I simply stated that the verse was out of context. Was my verse out of context?

No, but neither was Fwee's.

Good for you.

That is not an argument...

Merlin

I take daily showers because it's hygenic, and I don't eat raw meat because the only raw meat availible for eating is sushi, and I don't like asain food.

None of these relates to the bible in any way.

Books of Moses

Ah, see topic.  :Doh:

The one we want to sue you for... that one? The claim would be False Advertisement. :lmao::lmao: :lmao:

Merlin

No, but neither was Fwee's

How is her verse not out of context, but my verse claiming that Jesus was before all is?Her verse is very out of context in the manner the text was meant to imply.

That is not an argument...

Good.

Merlin

Does anyone here take daily baths or showers?

What does that have to do with the bible?

How does this relate to anyone in their "beliefs"?

Nothing, it's hygenic. Clean people = healthy people.

At what precept of time did humans begin taking baths or showers if there is no God and the Bible is bogus?

If the "assumption" is that people read the Bible and started taking baths/showers, then Does anyone still take baths/showers? If so why?If the Bible says to do this daily, Is it wrong as a non-believer perform daily?

Where in the bible does it say that? How is this even relevant?

Does anyone here eat raw meat?

No.

It doesn't.

At what precept of time did humans begin to "not" eat raw meats if there is no God and the bible is bogus?

If the "assumption" is that people read the Bible and then started "not" to eat raw meat, then Does anyone still eat meat this way?If so why?If the Bible says to "cook" and "prepare" meat a certain way before consumption, Is it wrong as a non-believer to prepare in this way?

Why would God make animals unsafe to eat raw for humans? That's kind of a jerkish thing to do.

How is this relevant?

Books of Moses

"Fight a war on your body."

Remember that one?

Merlin

Bathing has been prized into antiquity. Even poor desert dwellers (pre-egyptian) took sand baths to rid themseves of sweat and parasites.

Egyptians prided themselves on cleanliness too.

It wasn't until the Christians took over the civilized world that bathing became a rare occurence. It was sneered at as pagan because the decadent Romans did it. Bathing became a twice yearly event in Europe, thanks to the desire to stamp out pagan influence.

Same with medicine. All accurate anatomical knowledge was pitched in favor of humours. It took over two hundred years for doctors to get legal access to human remains they could study.

I've gone off subject.

Yes I bathe.

No it has nothing to do with religion.

I'm not a big fan of rare meat. Nothing having to do with belief, just isn't a taste I like.

I do like seared ahi (tuna) and wasabe.

Full out sushi doesn't really appeal to me.

I love shellfish, shrimp, lobster, crab, pork, cow, chicken. Not a vegetarian at all.

I have to wonder YoYo, how exactly is this a debate really? So you asked about bathing and raw meat. I answered. Please do me the courtesy of explaining what these topics have to do with ANY debate forum?

The one we want to sue you for... that one? The claim would be False Advertisement. :lmao::lmao: :lmao:

Merlin

Right. These are all fair questions and all have precepts of time. What am I being sued for again?

Oddly enough by the way.

I just took a shower. And I do mean "just".

Yup, I'm at the computer completely naked with my wet hair in a towel.

So....yeah, I'm clean.

And I'm going to bed soon.

Is there anything else about our daily habits you'd like to know YoYo?

Right. These are all fair questions and all have precepts of time. What am I being sued for again?

Claiming this was a debate... Your entire argument is summed up it this statement:

"All things came from God if you ignore time!!"

white_raven23: Hell with YoYo, tell ME more! :lmao: (just kidding :grin: )

Merlin

Does anyone here wipe their ass??

How does that fit into your belief??

If the bible is false, where is the point where we started wiping our asses??

Does anyone here brush their teeth?

How does that fit into your belief?

blah blah blah, I'm making shit up.

Does anyone here masturbate?

If the bible is false, where is the point where we started squirting our jizz into our jockey shorts instead of the vaginal (or anal, or oral) orifice??

Does anyone here walk?

People walked in the bible, that must mean that the bible invented walking! Hey look, I'm a complete moron!! :woohoo::woohoo:

This scripture is for resource on the topic.Many have asked where this is located in the Bible.

Lev 15:2-12

2 "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: 'When any man has a discharge from his body, his discharge is unclean.

3 'And this shall be his uncleanness in regard to his discharge-- whether his body runs with his discharge, or his body is stopped up by his discharge, it is his uncleanness.

4 'Every bed is unclean on which he who has the discharge lies, and everything on which he sits shall be unclean.

5 'And whoever touches his bed shall wash his clothes and bathe in water, and be unclean until evening.

6 'He who sits on anything on which he who has the discharge sat shall wash his clothes and bathe in water, and be unclean until evening.

7 'And he who touches the body of him who has the discharge shall wash his clothes and bathe in water, and be unclean until evening.

8 'If he who has the discharge spits on him who is clean, then he shall wash his clothes and bathe in water, and be unclean until evening.

9 'Any saddle on which he who has the discharge rides shall be unclean.

10 'Whoever touches anything that was under him shall be unclean until evening. He who carries any of those things shall wash his clothes and bathe in water, and be unclean until evening.

11 'And whomever the one who has the discharge touches, and has not rinsed his hands in water, he shall wash his clothes and bathe in water, and be unclean until evening.

12 'The vessel of earth that he who has the discharge touches shall be broken, and every vessel of wood shall be rinsed in water.

(NKJ)

ible.

"Fight a war on your body."

Remember that one?

Merlin

Yes, we constantly "fight" the flesh.

Bathing has been prized into antiquity. Even poor desert dwellers (pre-egyptian) took sand baths to rid themseves of sweat and parasites.

Egyptians prided themselves on cleanliness too.

It wasn't until the Christians took over the civilized world that bathing became a rare occurence. It was sneered at as pagan because the decadent Romans did it. Bathing became a twice yearly event in Europe, thanks to the desire to stamp out pagan influence.

Same with medicine. All accurate anatomical knowledge was pitched in favor of humours. It took over two hundred years for doctors to get legal access to human remains they could study.

I've gone off subject.

Yes I bathe.

No it has nothing to do with religion.

I'm not a big fan of rare meat. Nothing having to do with belief, just isn't a taste I like.

I do like seared ahi (tuna) and wasabe.

Full out sushi doesn't really appeal to me.

I love shellfish, shrimp, lobster, crab, pork, cow, chicken. Not a vegetarian at all.

I have to wonder YoYo, how exactly is this a debate really? So you asked about bathing and raw meat. I answered. Please do me the courtesy of explaining what these topics have to do with ANY debate forum?

Can you tell me the time frame of your resources?Roughly?

Can you tell me the time frame,hypothetically if the Bible is accurate, the Books of Moses.

Feel free to tell me the precepts that all the above topics occurred, and then tell me why you still use these "biblical" processes as a non-believer.

Does anyone here take daily baths or showers?

Yes

I believe that if I have a shower (or bath), my skin and hair will be cleaner at the conclusion of the shower (or bath) than it was at the beginning of the shower (or bath).

At what precept of time did humans begin taking baths or showers if there is no God and the Bible is bogus?

I don’t know for sure, but I know it was a long time ago. If you want to know the answer, I would suggest directing this question to someone who would know, like an archaeologist, or a historian, or perhaps even a paleontologist. Searching the internet for an answer is another possibility, or you could try your local library.

If the "assumption" is that people read the Bible and started taking baths/showers, then Does anyone still take baths/showers? If so why?If the Bible says to do this daily, Is it wrong as a non-believer perform daily?

The evidence suggests that the answer is Yes, people still take baths/showers, regardless of the “assumption”.

Why? Because the either want to obey the bible and they take baths/showers, or they simply want to have clean skin and hair, for any number of reasons, including, but non limited to, hygienic or social reasons.

Is it wrong? No, I don’t think so anyway.

Does anyone here eat raw meat?

I generally don’t but I have eaten sushi or its Korean equivalent whose name I cannot remember.

I believe that if I eat raw meat, I could get very sick, unless, like sushi, it is selected and prepared very carefully. I, therefore, generally eat only cooked meat. It’s also quite tasty when it is cooked.

At what precept of time did humans begin to "not" eat raw meats if there is no God and the bible is bogus?

I don’t know for sure, but I know it was a long time ago. If you want to know the answer, I would suggest directing this question to someone who would know, like an archaeologist, or a historian, or perhaps even a paleontologist. Searching the internet for an answer is another possibility, or you could try your local library.

If the "assumption" is that people read the Bible and then started "not" to eat raw meat, then Does anyone still eat meat this way?If so why?If the Bible says to "cook" and "prepare" meat a certain way before consumption, Is it wrong as a non-believer to prepare in this way?

The evidence suggests that the answer is Yes, people still eat “not” raw meat, regardless of the “assumption”. Also, it would not surprise me if, in some parts of the world, or even America, raw meat was also eaten.

Why? Because the either want to obey the bible and they cook their meat, or they simply want to eat cooked meet because it’s more tasty that way, and that’s the way they have eaten it since childhood.

Is it wrong? No, I don’t think so anyway.

and then tell me why you still use these "biblical" processes as a non-believer.

I shower because I want to keep my skin and hair in a reasonably clean condition.

I eat cooked meat because I am at much less risk of encountering a disease than I am when eating raw meat, and cooked meat is much more delicious.

Whether they are “biblical” or not is of no relevance to why I do them. In other words, if the bible did not command us to shower and eat cooked meat, I would still shower and eat cooked meat.

Oddly enough by the way.

I just took a shower. And I do mean "just".

Yup, I'm at the computer completely naked with my wet hair in a towel.

So....yeah, I'm clean.

And I'm going to bed soon.

Is there anything else about our daily habits you'd like to know YoYo?

That was good for me, white_raven23

Yes, we constantly "fight" the flesh.

One, speak for yourself :wicked:

Two, he also commanded to give it no comforts.

Can you grasp the implication?

Merlin

Claiming this was a debate... Your entire argument is summed up it this statement:

"All things came from God if you ignore time!!"

white_raven23: Hell with YoYo, tell ME more! :lmao: (just kidding :grin: )

Merlin

Really, I intended for someone to post the time frames of the Books of Moses, hypothetically, if the Bible were correct. (Based on the 6,000-10,000 year assumption)

Really, I intended for someone to post the time frames of the Books of Moses, hypothetically, if the Bible were correct. (Based on the 6,000-10,000 year assumption)

That's no better that abandoning time...

Merlin