Goodbye Jesus

Time for a real debate!

Abiyoyo

No time frames of these ancient traditions?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abiyoyo

• Merlinfmct87

• Fweethawt

• BigToe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No time frames of these ancient traditions?

Not within a theory proven--yes, proven! false. It's like trying to do decimal math with 8 numbers... it just won't work.

My debate was the time frame of the Bible to todays simple principles.

Heres your answer.

Time frame of the Books of Moses

Time frame of earliest "documented" writtings, of bathing, and/or cooking meat for cleanliness.

Heres the "Catch 22", everyone has said how healthy bathing is, and how eating raw "meat" is not a normal thing for them, and many have expressed the concern of health regarding both.

To make this a little more difficult.

When, was the earliest time frame of "documented" writtings, of bathing and/or cooking meat for sanitation reasons ONLY.

If its less than, I assume, 2000BC then most likely the Bible's teachings to the Children of Israel are the cornerstone for "normal" society today. Of course, thats if you believe that the Bible is true, or just those Books.

Anyhow, Im done debating now. Topic offically closed.

Heres your answer.

Time frame of earliest "documented" writtings, of bathing, and/or cooking meat for cleanliness.

Heres the "Catch 22", everyone has said how healthy bathing is, and how eating raw "meat" is not a normal thing for them, and many have expressed the concern of health regarding both.

When, was the earliest time frame of "documented" writtings, of bathing and/or cooking meat for sanitation reasons ONLY.

If its less than, I assume, 2000BC then most likely the Bible's teachings to the Children of Israel are the cornerstone for "normal" society today. Of course, thats if you believe that the Bible is true, or just those Books. 

.... :shrug:

YoYo, even if one ascribes to a young earth (which totally contradicts science, but i suppose science is of the devil or something), there were people that existed before the book of Moses was written. And these people still bathed.

Um, the Bible was not the first documented writing. And before writing there was word of mouth. So the use of bathing or avoiding raw meats for health and sanitation is not necessarily tied to writing.

As such, there have been many writings that at one time were thought to be true that have since been declared mistaken and false. Just because it is written doesn't make it accurate.

No, you are not allowed to slink back into the shadows when the facts are against you.

For one. the first hospital was at 3000 BC!!!

The Egyptians one-upped your god by 1,000 years and a lot more that sanitation. Imhotep had his version of Grey's anatomy, performed brain surgery, set bones, took out appendixes, and discovered that honey did a remarkable job of sealing out infection.

Oh, and he also designed the pyramids in his spare time.

Tell me, what was the Christian Church using when it came to be?

Oh right. Leeches and bloodletting and exorcisms, oh my!

You can slink now.

Merlin

I told you he was a 2 year old.

How is her verse not out of context, but my verse claiming that Jesus was before all is?Her verse is very out of context in the manner the text was meant to imply.

That is not an argument...

Good.

Merlin

Look, you started a topic in such a way as to make it sound as though we didn't have any business taking a bath or eating cooked meat because we don't believe in the bible.

If the absurdity of that doesn't smack you right between the eyes, then by all means, give me your address so that I can do the honors. :scratch:

I returned the absurdity by attempting to make it sound as though you weren't real bible believer because you don't eat poop-puffs in front of us gentiles no less if you really are a child a israel. However unlikely that may be, but that's another topic entirely.

The fact is, people bathe and eat cooked meat. Also, people have bathed and eaten cooked meat without ever even being exposed to the bible. That right there should clue you in on the fact that the bible doesn't have anything at all with whether or not people bathe and eat cooked meat.

So, your points are meaningless.

However, since you seem to think that the bible is true regardless of the facts against what you are stating, how come you aren't eating poop-puffs?

Don't you see what's going on here???

You are trying to give your bible and your god credit for things of which it has no business in poking around in, while I am showing you verses from that very same book that are quite exclusive unto itself, and you are denying the (biblical) "truth" of them.

I willing to bet that my verses were much more pertinent to this thread than the ones that you posted. Mine were much more "in context" than the ones that you showed.

I'll give you a little hint as to where you keep missing your mark here...

There were civilized societies before the bible was written.

But don't tell anyone our little secret, okay? Word might get out and people

will start to think and question instead of letting their churches do their

thinking for them.

By the way, YoYo, I'm not a she. :nono:

YoYo, even if one ascribes to a young earth (which totally contradicts science, but i suppose science is of the devil or something), there were people that existed before the book of Moses was written. And these people still bathed.

Actually, the Books of Moses started in Genesis, in which God created "man". If you believe in the Bible, there were no people on earth before the Books of Moses.

Good Morning everyone,

Topic is open for discussion.

Um, the Bible was not the first documented writing. And before writing there was word of mouth. So the use of bathing or avoiding raw meats for health and sanitation is not necessarily tied to writing.

Big Toe, Are you a Christian? Seriously, your "coined" a Christian by your profile. If you believe in the Bible, then you know that God created this world. That should be all I would have to tell you, I would assume.

As such, there have been many writings that at one time were thought to be true that have since been declared mistaken and false. Just because it is written doesn't make it accurate

Well, maybe I assumed wrong.

I told you he was a 2 year old.

No, actually, It was more a matter of a lack of sleep.

Let me get this straight.

Because the Bible says bathing and eating cooked flesh is good, and we, for reasons other than the Bible like sanitation, bathe and eat cooked flesh, the Bible is true?

I fail then, because I like my steak au jus. You know what that is, Yoyo? It means the blood. I am not kosher. HA! Just because I, for flavor reasons, eat meat mostly-cooked dun' mean shite.

I also eat things which the Book of Moses does not allow, like lobster. How dare you hate on lobster! :nono: And shrimp!

I mean, look. There are peoples in the jungles of Papua New Guinea who have never ever heard of Western culture. And they bathe and cook their meat. How do you deal with this?

The life of Moses is dated to aprox. 1500 to 1350 BC. To clarify, I consider the bible to be maybe 5% accurate. But I am a life long atheist.

There are Sumerian urns that contained soap that date to 2800 BC. Who knows what they were used for as this is not inscribed on the urn. But they were cleaning something.

Short History of Soap

Some Sumerian clay tablets date back to 3100 BC

http://history-world.org/sumeria.htm

As far as their bathing habits go, who knows it was 5000+ yrs ago. If the Book of Moses is the only reason you bath, I am very happy for those around you that you have such instruction.

(BigToe @ May 10 2005, 03:48 AM)

Added emphasis mine

Actually, the Books of Moses started in Genesis, in which God created "man". If you believe in the Bible, there were no people on earth before the Books of Moses.

Are you saying the Book of Moses was written during genesis?

BTW, I looked up "The Book of Moses" found no such thing. You are talking about the Talmud, right?

This is what makes this a non-debate "debate" Yo Yo.

Since we don't believe in the bible, we don't believe in the Books of Moses. There is physical evidence for human life going back well over 30,000 years. And don't ask me for evidence, it's tedious. It's like asking one of us to cite evidence for gravity (Family Guy anyone?). It's not that I CAN"T, I certainly can list the ages for assorted statuettes, pottery, bone fragments, and fossilized excrement. There's just so MUCH evidence (more than for the bible's supposed truth of history), that to list it it actually redundant.

And I'm not interested in the idea that Biblegod planted such evidence to test our faith. That's just sick when you think about it. If you want to worship a god that would do such a thing at the casual risk of losing people to hell, you go on with your bad self.

I will ALWAYS have better things to do than dote on a sadistic practical joker.

Look, you started a topic in such a way as to make it sound as though we didn't have any business taking a bath or eating cooked meat because we don't believe in the bible.

I was simply trying to associate non-believers current "daily" routines with the Biblical reference implied.

If the absurdity of that doesn't smack you right between the eyes, then by all means, give me your address so that I can do the honors. :scratch:

Now, Now be a sport.

I returned the absurdity by attempting to make it sound as though you weren't real bible believer because you don't eat poop-puffs in front of us gentiles no less if you really are a child a israel. However unlikely that may be, but that's another topic entirely.

How does eating "poop-puffs" in severe faminines have anything to do with the direction and laws of God to the Children of Israel, in which a vast majority of our social structure is based.

The fact is, people bathe and eat cooked meat. Also, people have bathed and eaten cooked meat without ever even being exposed to the bible. That right there should clue you in on the fact that the bible doesn't have anything at all with whether or not people bathe and eat cooked meat.

Again, thats the point, society has coined these "daily" livings as "healthy and sanitary".

So, your points are meaningless.

:twitch:

However, since you seem to think that the bible is true regardless of the facts against what you are stating, how come you aren't eating poop-puffs?

Don't you see what's going on here???

1) Were not in a faminine

2) I rather have Taco Bell :grin:

You are trying to give your bible and your god credit for things of which it has no business in poking around in, while I am showing you verses from that very same book that are quite exclusive unto itself, and you are denying the (biblical) "truth" of them.

Am I "denying" our "poop-puff" "truth". :HaHa:

I willing to bet that my verses were much more pertinent to this thread than the ones that you posted. Mine were much more "in context" than the ones that you showed.

I really try not to bet, just a personal preference. :grin:

I'll give you a little hint as to where you keep missing your mark here...

There were civilized societies before the bible was written.

Good for you. What are your resources that I can drive to see for myself?

But don't tell anyone our little secret, okay? Word might get out and peoplewill start to think and question instead of letting their churches do their

thinking for them.

OK :twitch:

By the way, YoYo, I'm not a she. :nono:

Apologies :thanks:

Yoyo,

there is a function on the reply page that allows you to preview your post and correct any formating error.

FYI

Yoyo,

there is a function on the reply page that allows you to preview your post and correct any formating error.

FYI

Thank You

I think the same function is available under the Edit function as well. Just incase you want to fix up the last long post.

BTW, your welcome.

Let me get this straight.

Because the Bible says bathing and eating cooked flesh is good, and we, for reasons other than the Bible like sanitation, bathe and eat cooked flesh, the Bible is true?

I fail then, because I like my steak au jus.  You know what that is, Yoyo?  It means the blood.  I am not kosher.  HA!  Just because I, for flavor reasons, eat meat mostly-cooked dun' mean shite.

I also eat things which the Book of Moses does not allow, like lobster.  How dare you hate on lobster! :nono:   And shrimp!

Thats great! I eat lobster, shrimp also.

I mean, look. There are peoples in the jungles of Papua New Guinea who have never ever heard of Western culture.  And they bathe and cook their meat.  How do you deal with this?

I never really get a chance to talk with "them" a whole lot. :twitch: I would assume though, if this were a "question" to a new believer, I would show them the way to the Gospels of Christ.

As far as the cooking of meat only starting at 2000bc you need to do a little learning on paleoethnoarchaeology.

Do a search on google on Monte Verde and the word Charred. You will learn that people were using fire to cook in the Americas at 33000 BPE!!!

So if they had it in America, how much longer did they have it in Russia? In Asia? In the Middle East? IN AFRICA???

I can't believe you think people only starting cooking their meat 2000 years ago.

That's borderline psychotic! :Doh:

Heres your answer.

Can any one ammend to this comment?

Can anyone give me specific time frames of the "ordaining" of these daily activities.

Better Question, Can anyone give there opinion of the "time frame" to the "ordaining" of these daily activities.

Lastly, Can anyone give me a "rough" "hypothetical" time frame of when the Books of Moses were written?

In fact, the earliest (TO DATE) evidence for the use of fire is 1.5 Million Years Ago in South Africa, and it was either Australopithecus Robustus or Homo Erectus (as both habited the area at the time)...

SO IT WAS BEFORE humans. Let alone the Israelites!

In fact, the earliest (TO DATE) evidence for the use of fire is 1.5 Million Years Ago in South Africa, and it was either Australopithecus Robustus or Homo Erectus (as both habited the area at the time)...

SO IT WAS BEFORE humans.  Let alone the Israelites!

Ah, Can you tell me where I have to drive, fly to review the above resources in a historical institution?At what Institutions are your resources "100%" confirmed?