Burnedout

New Game: You Might be an Ex-Christian if.....

If you had somebody cut you off in traffic and you noticed that their car had a stupid fish symbol on the back, and then it REALLY pissed you off because they were thinking it was just fine because they were "UNDER GRACE"......YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 1

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

3 hours ago, Burnedout said:

If you had somebody cut you off in traffic and you noticed that their car had a stupid fish symbol on the back, and then it REALLY pissed you off because they were thinking it was just fine because they were "UNDER GRACE"......YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

Yes!  That happens a lot around here.  Gigantic SUV's  (to hold their 8 kids) with a fish emblem or jesusy bumper sticker -- the rudest people on the road!

• Like 1

If you heard a preacher say...."JUST TRUST GOD TO SUPPLY YOUR NEEDS," at a snake oil sales...er I mean revival meeting, and people would give money for their groceries as an offering and then wonder how they would get by until payday, and you wanted to shake them........YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 2

If you ever explained to a Christian why you left and they said to you, "You're focusing on men and not God" and you feel like strangling them........YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If, in your Christian days as a teenager or young 20 something, you had a Sunday School teacher or pastor wag his finger in your face for doing something harmless like listening to a popular music song on your radio or head phones or were caught with their records or tapes (showing my age).......YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 2

When a young person forgoes a full ride university scholarship to play football, have everything paid, to go to the mission field because 'da Lawd was calling' and you feel like beating them up beside the head and scream some sense into him......YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/9/2018 at 6:38 PM, Burnedout said:

When a young person forgoes a full ride university scholarship to play football, have everything paid, to go to the mission field because 'da Lawd was calling' and you feel like beating them up beside the head and scream some sense into him......YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

Along those lines..

A rather pleasant young man in our community is a very accomplished pianist and could have taken his pick among several music schools - including Julliard! I recall working to raise money for him to attend a competition in Europe where he won, hands down, as the only contestant who showed up with an original composition. 

He chose to attend Jesus Freak Pastor school.  :banghead:

I felt a personal let down. I MUST be an ex-Christian! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The moment you finally understand what cognitive dissonance is, you might be an ex-Xian.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When worship songs start to feel tacky and you feel like accidentally  speaking of "worshit" the next time you're talking to a Christian .....YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, offtheromanroad said:

When worship songs start to feel tacky and you feel like accidentally  speaking of "worshit" the next time you're talking to a Christian .....YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

Now that's just plain NASTY!

I LIKE it!

Think I'll wait until Mrs. MOHO has a couple glasses of grape juice in her before I pull that one. :wicked:

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Now that's just plain NASTY!

I LIKE it!

Think I'll wait until Mrs. MOHO has a couple glasses of grape juice in her before I pull that one. :wicked:

Grapejuice? :)

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Grapejuice? :)

🍷🍷

• Like 1

If seeing a fish bumper sticker makes you ROLL YOUR EYES SO HARD YOU SEE YOUR BRAIN... YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

And if you haven't set your alarm clock for ages on a Sunday morning...

And if the random number combination 3:16, 316, 3.16 triggers THE VERSE OF VERSES...

And if, when reading a scripture reference, you know you once knew the verse by heart, but now, you just can't remember...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2018 at 8:15 PM, offtheromanroad said:

If seeing a fish bumper sticker makes you ROLL YOUR EYES SO HARD YOU SEE YOUR BRAIN... YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

When your priest’s wife tells you that she won’t be having the eucharist this Sunday because she is on her period (she thinks she is “unclean”), and you roll your eyes so hard that your period starts...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LostinParis said:

When your priest’s wife tells you that she won’t be having the eucharist this Sunday because she is on her period (she thinks she is “unclean”), and you roll your eyes so hard that your period starts...

Oh. My. God.

On 6/23/2018 at 5:15 AM, offtheromanroad said:

If seeing a fish bumper sticker makes you ROLL YOUR EYES 

For years now I have had this desire to take a paint stick and paint feet on those fish.  Have yet to do it.

You might be an ex-Christian and fully deconverted if all your night time dreams are now pleasant.

• Like 6

When you finally figured out that that you were denied your own personhood and you were ready to strangle the pastors/priests/ministers who told you that you were sinful....YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 3

When you see a church you used to "fellowship" with boasting about spending £1.6 million on making their building better for worshipping in, and your first reaction is "WHAT ABOUT THE POOR AND HOMELESS PEOPLE YOU SELFISH BARSTEWARDS?" you might be an ex-Christian. 

• Like 5

If you ignore ridiculous claims by fundies - especially your spouse - because you've learned the hard way that you cannot argue with superstition, you might be an ex-christian.

You might also be a seasoned Unequally Yoker. 

and THAT's no yoke! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2018 at 8:28 PM, Weezer said:

You might be an ex-Christian and fully deconverted if all your night time dreams are now pleasant.

...and daydreams too.  And just general thoughts while living.

It is all so much better now.

• Like 3

When you point out a company logo to a Christian and come up with a way that it is SATANIC just to get a reaction, and it is all you can do to keep from laughing when they suddenly go spastic......YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 1

When some Christian organisation spends over a million USD on sports facilities to boost their egos... and you can't believe you once believed in  that "ministry". And of course, they're asking you to contribute.... and to pray over it... roll eyes

• Like 2

When you see a God TV article on Facebook about whether it's okay for Christians to live together before marriage and you laugh at the Morons using middle ages language to answer "no", you might be an ex Christian. 

PS given the fact that the founders have parted am I the only one thinking that this is them preparing for their leader to move in with someone? 

• Like 2

Edit to my last post:

Turns out Wendy Alec is no longer at God TV. 

If you have ever had a Christian friend/family member tell you that "You just don't love Gawd" in the form of a guilt trip...and you instantly want to punch them in the mouth.....YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 2