Burnedout

New Game: You Might be an Ex-Christian if.....

If you think about changing Doctor because there is Christian literature in the waiting room.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ANNOYING COMMERCIAL BREAKS IN THE CONVERSATION:

As with everything these days, the cost of keeping the Ex-C forum up and running has been rising. Inflation? In part, but the primary reason is this: As participation in the forums grows, costs increase. The Ex-C forums will remain free of charge to everyone, but if you believe this little corner of the Internet provides value to you or others, and you feel inclined to help keep us online, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a regular contributor. Contribution options appear under the "Upgrade" link above, and can be accessed by clicking here.

Oh, and as an incentive (no, you won't be given any bogus promises of eternal bliss), if you do become a regular contributor by signing up for any monthly or yearly patron package, this annoying ADVO will disappear.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled conversation...

If you have ever had a Christian neighborhood busybody who thought it was their CHRISTIAN DUTY to inform you that you were sinning of some sin, and you either thought about, or actually did tell them to fuck off just to watch them fly off the handle in that all famous "RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION" merely for entertainment.....YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If religious people knock on your door and you invite them in just so you can rip their beliefs to shreds...

• Like 4

You might also be an ex-christian if you forget their list of "sins" and accidentally do normal shit in front of them all the time now. :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ag_NO_stic said:

You might also be an ex-christian if you forget their list of "sins" and accidentally do normal shit in front of them all the time now. :P

I have actually started doing this. A few times I've caught myself cussing , and a few times I've committed other mundane "sins" that I haven't even realized are such until I get wide-eyed glances lol.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

I have actually started doing this. A few times I've caught myself cussing , and a few times I've committed other mundane "sins" that I haven't even realized are such until I get wide-eyed glances lol.

Same!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ag_NO_stic said:

2 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

1 hour ago, ag_NO_stic said:

Same!!!

And realize it's kinda fun acting normal.  Plus the bonus of seeing their reactions is priceless.    So every now and then on purpose, you yank their chains a little bit!    :Duivel:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, buffettphan said:

And realize it's kinda fun acting normal.  Plus the bonus of seeing their reactions is priceless.    So every now and then on purpose, you yank their chains a little bit!    :Duivel:

Ah shit, I'm busted lol. I do yank them on purpose a little...I would yank them a whole lot more if I wasn't living under the same roof with one of them currently 😛 Those who knew the real me while I was xtian referred to me as a terrible teaser..well it hasn't improved since then and I sometimes get this irresistible urge to provoke xtians, just because 😈

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Ah shit, I'm busted lol. I do yank them on purpose a little...I would yank them a whole lot more if I wasn't living under the same roof with one of them currently 😛 Those who knew the real me while I was xtian referred to me as a terrible teaser..well it hasn't improved since then and I sometimes get this irresistible urge to provoke xtians, just because 😈

Same here!  All of what you said, including living under the same roof with one of them.  Around here, I refer to him as DFH.  DearFundyHubby   :Duivel7:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, buffettphan said:

Same here!  All of what you said, including living under the same roof with one of them.  Around here, I refer to him as DFH.  DearFundyHubby   :Duivel7:

Oh Lord, how do you do it. This is a temporary situation for me, I would likely go certifiably insane if I had to live with fundies for a longer time. 

If you have ever managed to get two Christians arguing bitterly over a theological difference (Pentecostal vs Baptist on tongues, or a free will Baptist vs a Calvinists on predestination, for example) just for the entertainment value of watching them go at it like one slighted the other over a non existent point, .......YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 2

On 1/1/2019 at 4:11 AM, Burnedout said:

If you have ever had a Christian neighborhood busybody who thought it was their CHRISTIAN DUTY to inform you that you were sinning of some sin, and you either thought about, or actually did tell them to fuck off just to watch them fly off the handle in that all famous "RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION" merely for entertainment.....YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!!!

I actually DID this on a regular basis but our marriage counselor recommended against it. :lmao:

Just fool'n but Mrs. MOHO does do the xtian busy body thing whenever the "opportunity" pops up. 

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2019 at 12:15 PM, TruthSeeker0 said:

Oh Lord, how do you do it. This is a temporary situation for me, I would likely go certifiably insane if I had to live with fundies for a longer time. 

• Like 1

Hearing a guy witnessing in McDonald’s about going to hell and stop watching stuff on tv. makes you gag and laugh... (literally putting up hearing him a,so talk about drunkenness, the shack etc). Feel like being sick 🤢 

• Like 3

When you hear a Christian talking constantly about the end times and trying to evangelize, constantly weaving it into conversations, and you want to shove a sock in their mouth.......YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 2

If you look back at all the time you spent worrying about what amounts to mere thoughts and feelings you were afraid would anger a non existent diety, then become angry at all that wasted energy and anxiety......YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Like 2

When a Christian starts witnessing to you and you start correcting their quotes, citing their references and give them even better arguments to help them witness to you, you might be an Ex-Christian. 

• Like 1

When you see The Book of Mormon broadway musical and laugh till you cry....you might be an Ex-Christian. 

• Like 1

If someone comes and knocks on your door on a Saturday morning, waking you out of an alcohol induced sleep, trying to tell you about JEZUZ and inviting you to come to church, and you feel like throwing a frying pan at them,......YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

When they let someone put their essay on "waiting until marriage" in a secular newspaper (in a secular country) and your (atheist) partner starts to read it out loud to you... and you just think "been there, but fortunately not done it", and you don't give a shit, YOU MIGHT BE...

• Like 1

When you hear a Christian start to say something unfathomably stupid and you feel shame rather than anger, you might be an Ex-Christian.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dexter said:

When you hear a Christian start to say something unfathomably stupid and you feel shame rather than anger, you might be an Ex-Christian.

Yes,shame. And embarrassment for them. 

• Like 2

If you notice that Christians act self-righteous, pretentious, ignorant, and like their shit doesn't stink, but make the excuse that it is "Righteous Indignation"....YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you think sleeping in on Sundays is so much better than sleeping through yet another sermon, YOU MIGHT BE....

• Like 2

If you read/hear about a child molestation that went on and the first thing that comes to your mind is, who is the preacher/priest that did it?........YOU MIGHT BE AN EX-CHRISTIAN!

• Thanks 1