Goodbye Jesus

Ex-Christian Chat Room on Discord

LogicalFallacy

Hi all

I have created a chat channel for us using Discord. It is a free app and very functional. We welcome any one who is an Ex Christian or ex religious member who wants a community to chat with. We also welcome Christians who wish to chat, but expect there be no proselytising when a person is seeking support from members. 

Being the creator (God) I am owner of the channel and sole admin. Please note that this is a member run chat room and is not officially moderated by staff of Ex-Chrisitan.net. While we share similar visions and share members we are two different communities with different owners and staff. As such the owner and staff of Ex-christian.net are not responsible for any matter that occurs in Discord Chat.

If you have any queries concerns, or stuff needs fixing please give me (Logical Fallacy) a PM - either here or on Discord. 

Below is some brief instructions for those not familiar with Discord. Below that are some guidelines for use and basic rules to make chat pleasant for all involved.

Note: Please use your Ex-C name if possible so we can verify users. If you don’t use your Ex-C name please post below what your Discord name is. Eg

Ex-C: John Jones,

Discord: Red Rover

Instructions to Join

1) Click on the link below. If you are already have a discord account you will be taken to our channel. If not you’ll be taken to the following screens:

https://discord.gg/H9Uf6Hc 

2) Click Continue to discord

11.jpg.5dd9da9700ad265d907e23b9e98892ad.jpg

3) Sign in using your account or click Register at the bottom to create a new one.

22.jpg.0798f6bb3dad8f1a236e54d2818fa52f.jpg

4) Discord will take you to your account. You may have to verify your account by clicking a link in your registered email. Once signed in using the link provided our channel, called Ex-Christian should load in the menu to the left. I used our familiar Ex icon (Hope that’s ok with Webdave)

33.jpg.1234a1fc5b406d800ea86861e4533eb1.jpg

5) If the channel doesn’t load you can find it manually by clicking find or start a conversation at the top left.

44.jpg.60cbaf04f435fb19b7f7391ac9ec4507.jpg

6) Start typing and it should bring up the following:

55.jpg.27782b34d2df4d9a2e13c13a6186b0fc.jpg

7) Remove the @ and type in Ex-Christian > Click on our name and it will take you to our Lounge chat room. Congrats on joining Ex-Christian chat!

66.jpg.6f35ca448ef495bccc94ef636ba8f8d7.jpg

Guidelines:

Currently we have several rooms:

The Lounge - the 'arrival room' for our general chit chat, welcoming new members etc.

News - for posting and discussing news items.

Serious discussion -  for those wanting to undertake a serious conversation without the general chit chat around disturbing it.

Politics - rather self explanatory. Politics can get heated. You will need a thick skin, be able to handle strong differing opinions and you will never get personal.

Cooking - again self explanatory

Personal_and_relationships - for discussing those personal issues away from the general chit chat. This room is locked so only ex-c members on Discord can see it

Messing_with_Eggplants - All things kinky. I wouldn't go into here if you are a puritan :D

Photography - a closed room. You must ask to be allowed access. For those interested in photography or just want to share photos.

Voice - You can chat via cell phone or headset.

Rules (Subject to change and updating as the channel evolves)

1)      Be polite and respectful at all times. Pretty much all conversation and views are permitted, however if a member asks you to stop talking about a subject you will cease and desist immediately. There will be NO shit slinging. You do not shit sling and you do not respond to shit slingers. The admin/mods will take care of any and all shit slinging very harshly. If you feel the need to shit sling you can do so on reddit.

2)      Christian True Believer (TM) members are welcome however no proselytizing. If you wish to carry out a serious discussion as we would in the lion’s den and members are willing that is fine, but preaching about Jesus coming to die for our sins will cop you an instant ban…. Well a ban as soon as I can act on a complaint.

3)      EVERYTHING is recorded. Anyone can see whatever you type in the public chat rooms. Be wise.

4)      Pretending to be someone you are not will cop an instant ban

5) During the course of chatting a member may divulge private details about themselves including names, situations, places etc. You may not discuss these with anyone else without the express permission of said member. Even if you think something is common knowledge, check first. Just because you know someone's name doesn't mean you should use that name when not conversing privately.

Users

We have several user types for ease of admin management and come with their names color coded:

Administrator: Logical Fallacy: God of Ex-C chat. Anyone displeasing me will be smitten.... and not in a good way. I in no way exhibit any of the characteristics of a certain biblical god :D

Moderator: Members who can delete posts, kick users etc. Currently Travi and Orbit are our mods, and with everyone being very well behaved its likely to stay like that for the foreseeable future.

Ex-C Members - these are verified Ex-Christian members. They have access to all rooms

Friends - People who are not Ex-C members but have proven to be friendly and welcome in chat

Christians - people who profess to be Christians.

Thank you and let’s make Ex-Christian a great place to chill out with fellow Ex-C’s!

LF

• Like 4

Pinned for easy access for the members of Ex-c! Have fun everyone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Margee :D

• Like 1

hey guys, my discord name is a little different so!

ex-c: knightcore

discord: popcorn pete

My username here on this site was already taken, but I joined discord.

ex-C: crazyguy123

discord: crazyguy1234

Not much of a change, but it works lol.

I cant believe I actually got my name there

• Like 1

I cant believe I actually got my name there

That is actually remarkable.

Hi all

An update: Webmdave has kindly put a link to Chat under the Social tab on the forum menu so its easy to find.

Thanks Webmdave, much appreciated!

We have having some good chats folks so come join us - True Freedom doesn't bite... much :D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just bumping this for visibility.

We have a great chat room, regularly used with lost of friendly people. So pop on in if you want to chat to some like minded people.

Remember you can find the Discord link here http://new.exchristian.net/p/chat.html

Updated guidelines etc below:

Guidelines:

Currently we have several rooms:

The Lounge which is for our general chit chat.

Serious discussion which is for those wanting to undertake a conversation without the general chit chat around disturbing it.

Politics - rather self explanatory

Cooking - again self explanatory

Personal_and_relationships - for discussing those personal issues away from the general chit chat. This room is locked so only ex-c members on Discord can see it

Messing_with_Eggplants - All things kinky. I wouldn't go into here if you are a puritan :D

Rules (Subject to change and updating as the channel evolves)

1)      Be polite and respectful at all times. Pretty much all conversation is permitted, however if a member asks you to stop talking about a subject you will cease and desist immediately.

2)      Ex-C Christian True Believer (TM) members are welcome however no proselytizing. If you wish to carry out a serious discussion as we would in the lion’s den and members are willing that is fine, but preaching about Jesus coming to die for our sins will cop you an instant ban…. Well a ban as soon as I can act on a complaint.

3)      EVERYTHING is recorded. Anyone can see whatever you type. Be wise.

4)      Pretending to be someone you are not will cop an instant ban

5) During the course of chatting a member may divulge private details about themselves including names, situations, places etc. You may not discuss these with anyone else without the express permission of said member. Even if you think something is common knowledge, check first. Just because you know someone's name doesn't mean you should use that name when not conversing privately.

Users

We have several user types for ease of admin management and come with their names color coded:

Administrator: Logical Fallacy: God of Ex-C chat. Anyone displeasing me will be smitten.... and not in a good way. I in no way exhibit any of the characteristics of a certain biblical god :D

Moderator: Members who can delete posts, kick users etc. Currently Travi is our only mod, and with everyone being very well behaved its likely to stay like that for the foreseeable future.

Ex-C Members - these are verified Ex-Christian members. They have access to all rooms

Friends - People who are not Ex-C members but have proven to be friendly and welcome in chat

Christians - people who profess to be Christians.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Apologies, at the moment there are some issues and it's not letting us post. I'm looking into the issue whether it's us or Discord.

Hi all. It is working again.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Just letting all know that we are planning on a meetup this Friday/Saturday and are going to use Voice chat! Yes, you'll get to hear my sexy Kiwi accent. :D

It's kicking off at 1am GMT 23rd December. To find out your local time you simply add or subtract your time offset.

Example New Zealand is +13 GMT which means for me it will be 2pm Saturday 23rd December.

See here for a GMT converter - I've included some major centres https://savvytime.com/converter/gmt-to-nzdt-canada-vancouver-ny-new-york-city-ca-los-angeles/dec-23-2017/1am

See, or rather hear you there!

Well our first voice chat went well. Went on for about 2 hours. I think at one stage there were 8 of us in there. We are planning another in a few weeks. We'd love to see some new people or even those who are on the chat but don't regularly participate. It's a great way to get to know people. 

A reminder that Christians are welcome but no proselytizing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Just letting all know that we are planning on a meetup this Friday/Saturday and are going to use Voice chat! Yes, you'll get to hear my sexy Kiwi accent... again (It's the second coming of LF) :D

It's kicking off at 2am GMT Saturday 17 February. To find out your local time you simply add or subtract your time offset.

Example New Zealand is +13 GMT which means for me it will be 3pm Saturday 17 February. For you folk stuck in the past it will be Friday.

See here for a GMT converter - I've included some major centres 

image.png

See, or rather hear you there!

All welcome, if you haven't joined in our discord chats before feel free to pop in. Similar rules to the Ex-Christian life section of the forum applies.

• Like 1

PS, if I can get on earlier we'll kick off earlier if folks are around.

I just maaaaay be there too... no guarantees as that's during dead man's wake as we call it (around 3am) but who knows. If I can't make it tonight I hope to catch you some other time ;)

Hi all

We are now live and chatting.

Come join us. Instructions in OP.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

We are once again running a Discord voice chat.

Times can be found here https://savvytime.com/converter/gmt-to-nzdt-canada-vancouver-ny-new-york-city-ca-los-angeles-mdt-finland-helsinki-canada-ottawa-aest-poland-warsaw/apr-1-2018/8pm 

Alternate times.jpg

The topic, if it works out that way, will be feminism , what it is, pseudo feminists, questions etc

All are welcome but we do run a tight ship. You are expected to be respectful. If you haven't joined discord before please join up well before the chat - we have security in place which means you can't do too much until I make you a member... we've had a few unsavory characters drop in and spam the shit out of the place.

PS a few tips on sound: Use a headset if possible. If you don't have one please use headphones or earphones to prevent sound feedback loops. When you speak into a phone or laptop without earphones or a headset your mic will pick up others voices being played through your speakers and will feed them back creating a god awful echo.

Hope to see you there

LF

Hi all

A reminder 

We are once again running a Discord voice chat. It will be on 31 March/1st April depending on when you live. It's starting 8pm GMT +0 31 March 2018 so just add or subtract your hours from that. For me I'm +12 hours so 8 am 1 April sunday.

Hope to see you there!

Times can be Alternate_times.jpgfound here https://savvytime.com/converter/gmt-to-nzdt-canada-vancouver-ny-new-york-city-ca-los-angeles-mdt-finland-helsinki-canada-ottawa-aest-poland-warsaw/apr-1-2018/8pm 

The topic, if it works out that way, will be feminism , what it is, pseudo feminists, questions etc

All are welcome but we do run a tight ship. You are expected to be respectful. If you haven't joined discord before please join up well before the chat - we have security in place which means you can't do too much until I make you a member... we've had a few unsavory characters drop in and spam the shit out of the place.

Hope to see you there

LF

• 1 month later...

Just a bump to alert some of our newer members that we do have a live chat room - you can even voice and video call members who you feel close to. We also hold occasional group sessions where we all talk at the same time.... well we try and make it one at a time but you get six people on a single call.... great fun :D 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi LF. I just joined Discord this week and I'm having fun. Thanks for making this community available to us.

I definitely need a new " tribe" to connect to.

Jenniferg aka Jenn on Discord. (She who used to live in ChCh for 9 years)

❤️

7 hours ago, JenniferG said:

Hi LF. I just joined Discord this week and I'm having fun. Thanks for making this community available to us.

I definitely need a new " tribe" to connect to.

Jenniferg aka Jenn on Discord. (She who used to live in ChCh for 9 years)

❤️

You are welcome. It's amazing how much part of our lives a supportive online community can become.

Hope you stick around and become a permanent part of our channel at discord.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi, I’ve tried joining and logging in using my email and password from here and it says my email does not exist... am I doing something wrong?!

6 hours ago, Kat34 said:

Hi, I’ve tried joining and logging in using my email and password from here and it says my email does not exist... am I doing something wrong?!

You would need to create a discord account. There should be an option to sign up 

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

I'm now on Discord. Thanks LF. 👍

I've been on Discord for about 2 years now. Nice digital tool. Used it a TON in my work in the game dev realm.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.