Goodbye Jesus

Lucid Dreaming, A Spiritual Experience ???

Ablemate

Hi

By popular demand, well a couple of requests, I have started this thread.

I started lucid dreaming as a child. I was dreaming I was riding my bike along a path and 2 ladies came out of a house and blocked me, telling me I couldn't ride my bike along the path. For some reason my awareness resisted their instructions and I told them to get lost !! Next moment I just knew I was dreaming the incident and I said out loud This Is A Dream. The ladies and scene disappeared and I was left alone. I started wandering, lucid and aware. I will never forget the feeling of existing outside my body and realising I was in bed at home asleep. I stopped thinking about it because it sort of dragged me back. Anyway I just wandered, met nobody and couldn't think of any reason to be there so woke up.

since that experience I took a lot of interest in dreams, interpreting and inducing lucidity. There wasn't so much on lucid dreaming back then but I found stuff on dreaming in colour, vivid dreams and flying. I started flying and using it as a way to realise I was dreaming and go lucid. I also started looking for entities that would communicate with me. Most lifelike characters disappear or ignore attempts to actually communicate but I found there were entities that were independently conscious and could tell me things. I could also meet dead people, or their souls to be exact. 

Some people claim lucid dreaming and astral projection are completely different experiences but I have found I can access astral planes from lucidity. It was difficult in the early years to become lucid as much as I wanted but it has become easier over time.

You can google lucid dreams and find reams of stuff on the internet about lucid dreams and how to have them. Much easier than it was for me.

Lucid dreaming is completely harmless and safe. 

• Like 3

My first lucid dream - as far as I recall - took place when I was probably not quite a teenager.  I lay in bed imagining I was able to fly out of the window.  Next thing I knew I was aware of the ground whizzing past below me.  I entered a rabbit hole.  The rabbits were rather surprised to see me.  They were odd creatures - eyes more like those of snakes.  Though not overtly hostile, neither were they friendly, and I decamped quickly, waking up as I did so.

Basically, I had fallen asleep whilst doing something akin to a pathworking type meditation (though I would not have recognised that term at the time and it lacked any real structure).  The experience put me off trying anything similar for some time as I found it somewhat disturbing.

Anyhow, I'm not going to be drawn on the question of any objective reality to lucid dreaming and astral projection.  Not least because I doubt it matters - the experience is no less real either way, and therefore it is an issue that I see as rather subsidiary to what insights such experiences can give.

What precisely do you mean by accessing astral planes from lucidity?

Like Doctor Strange? 

• Super Moderator

Altered consciousness, by any means, will be viewed as "spiritual" by some and as an entertainment or anomaly by others. Watching the sunrise or having sex can be labeled a spiritual experience, though it's all in the eye of the beholder and not universal reality.

• Like 1

When I wake up in a dream I can control the dream from that point. Other figures disappear, ignore or communicate. I can create anything I desire. However I can also move on from the dream area to a place where I don't create anything, the scene is set and every entity will communicate in some way, not just disappear. 

My my way of looking at it is that the dreamscape is a form of astral but not 'real' as each dreamer creates their own dreams.

The 'real' astral has a different quality. Its like virtual reality is dream, reality is astral.

I think the objective reality matters if the astral is where the spirit or soul dwells when not in a human body. This is certainly my view and communicating with astral entities can be rewarding and educational.

• Like 1

When I wake up in a dream I can control the dream from that point. Other figures disappear, ignore or communicate. I can create anything I desire. However I can also move on from the dream area to a place where I don't create anything, the scene is set and every entity will communicate in some way, not just disappear. 

My my way of looking at it is that the dreamscape is a form of astral but not 'real' as each dreamer creates their own dreams.

The 'real' astral has a different quality. Its like virtual reality is dream, reality is astral.

I think the objective reality matters if the astral is where the spirit or soul dwells when not in a human body. This is certainly my view and communicating with astral entities can be rewarding and educational.

What many people will wonder though, is how literally you take this? 

I'm sure you realize that all aspects of dream, lucid or otherwise, take place in your mind and are therefore the issue of consciousness and subconsciousness. Any entity's are simply you. It's not as if these perceived entities exist separate and independent from you, right? 

Hi Josh

no.

I am away from my physical body. I am visiting the place we all come from and will return to when our physical bodies expire.

I am communicating with entities who tell me things I cannot possibly know.

• Like 1

Hi Josh

no.

I am away from my physical body. I am visiting the place we all come from and will return to when our physical bodies expire.

Ablemate, you got me all excited here this morning! B) Please tell me more about this place where we all come from and  the entities you speak with? Do they give you the information on a cure for cancer so that you may pass this on? Thanks!

Hi Josh

no.

But all of this is happening within a lucid dream, though. And by extension within your mind as you lucid dream. And the mind is capable of quite extraordinary things. Especially when it comes to the ego wanting to prolong it's existence. How deeply have you analyzed yourself and this lucid dream to astral projection scenario? Have you considered the factor of ego playing into it, and searching for ways in which to believe that your current state of consciousness will go on forever, while in the state of lucid dreaming? 

Sorry I just need to check your understanding of lucid dream compared to astral projection.

are you just saying lucid dreams cannot become astral projections.

Hi Margee

All types of entities inhabit the astral plane which is where we communicate. No, no entity has ever discussed a cure for cancer. 

As far as I am aware cancer is a catch all term for a mutation of a cell or cells. I believe there is a human cause for cancer linked to big business, greed, lies and corruption. Cancer is preventable.

• Like 1

Hi Margee

All types of entities inhabit the astral plane which is where we communicate. No, no entity has ever discussed a cure for cancer. 

As far as I am aware cancer is a catch all term for a mutation of a cell or cells. I believe there is a human cause for cancer linked to big business, greed, lies and corruption. Cancer is preventable.

Thanks, I kinda knew that cancer is a human thing. But what else do you all  discuss?  Why are  we here and where exactly is it we go to when we die? Thanks!

Sorry didn't mean to patronise, sometimes difficult to interpret meaning behind words.

The easiest description is in Ultimate Journey by Robert Monroe. My experience is broadly relative to his but he got there a different way.

My life's purpose has always been my motivation to learn, to expand and achieve. It just became so after I read lots of philosophy and esoteric sort of material.

Sorry didn't mean to patronise, sometimes difficult to interpret meaning behind words.

The easiest description is in Ultimate Journey by Robert Monroe. My experience is broadly relative to his but he got there a different way.

My life's purpose has always been my motivation to learn, to expand and achieve. It just became so after I read lots of philosophy and esoteric sort of material.

Ablemate, is this the response to my questions because this is much too vague for someone like me who is open to finding some truth. I asked you where do you go when you talk to the entities and where do we go when we die? You said you've  been there and the entities give you information?  I am always open to finding some "truth". Why can't  we all talk to the entities? I want to talk to the entities!! What is it you all discuss? thanks for answering each of these questions :D

OK we can all talk to the entities.

You either wake up in a dream and track them down on the astral or you enter the astral aware by meditating into a Mind Awake, Body Asleep state. Search on YouTube for guided meditations on entering the state and exiting your body or study with a guru for years. You can also practice ways of becoming lucid in a dream by searching it.

I read many books, meditated for years, practiced methods I found

Things to discuss include life after death, meaning of life, purpose of life, all that was, is and will be. Also I have been helped to discover my true life's purpose and goals, why I incarnated in this reality.

As above entities can include the souls/spirits of people who have passed over. Sometimes they have practical messages like Be Nice To Your Brother ( I hated him ).

Hi Josh

no.

You might want to see a therapist if you think these entities are real because that's a sign of mental illness.

OK we can all talk to the entities.

You either wake up in a dream and track them down on the astral or you enter the astral aware by meditating into a Mind Awake, Body Asleep state. Search on YouTube for guided meditations on entering the state and exiting your body or study with a guru for years. You can also practice ways of becoming lucid in a dream by searching it.

I read many books, meditated for years, practiced methods I found

Things to discuss include life after death, meaning of life, purpose of life, all that was, is and will be. Also I have been helped to discover my true life's purpose and goals, why I incarnated in this reality.

As above entities can include the souls/spirits of people who have passed over. Sometimes they have practical messages like Be Nice To Your Brother ( I hated him ).

I'm really trying not to be smart ass here.  Im always open minded. It's  just  when  someone arrives here and  claims that they know  where  we come  from and where we will go when  we die,  I'd  like some clear, simple answers. And when  one claims to have talked to the "higher entities", I would think  they they would be so excited to tell you the whole story. If something  like this happened to  me, I would want to share all the knowledge  I have learned. I tried astral  projection many times. It was a failed mission for me and I feel as if I can meditate pretty darn good. If all I got from talking to entities was to treat my brother nice,  its not even worth my bother. I don't need entities to tell me this. Again, I am not being  a smart ass but when someone has big claims, I'd  like to hear all the details and not vague answers. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thats OK

Presumably you don't want to know your true life's purpose either? Or meet a spirit guide, guardian angel, higher self?

I wasn't intending to go so deep so soon. I get a wide variety of responses to my enlightenment.

It is mindblowing to communicate with higher beings, to explore the astral plane, engage with all sorts of beings but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Thanks to Orbit for proving my point.

I will not be engaging on this thread any more.

• Super Moderator

I get a wide variety of responses to my enlightenment."

The very definition of a red flag.

• Like 1

@Ablemate Its my understanding that:

"In this one area of Ex-Christian.net, each individual who has adopted an alternative spiritual expression should feel encouraged to freely express any experiences, thoughts, or opinions without fear of being brow beaten, harshly criticized, or condemned."

I don't think dreams, even lucid experiences within a dream, are grounds for mental illness.

If I understand you correctly, I think you were cautiously sharing what you personally experience (interacting with other beings?) as a result of an altered state of consciousness. That's going to be hard to swallow for a lot of people.

That being said, when it comes down to details, the folks who have gained 'life insights' through Eastern pracrices (Zen, Buddhism, etc) are only able to share their insights through what has been personally experienced as well, often via what's described as a higher level of consciousness.

Its always good to be cautious about the conclusions one arrives at through personal revelations  (since we all did this as Christians and found out later we were duped). For some ex-Cs, this means they will never again be open to exploring any sort of unusual personal phenomenon, particularly if it seems 'supernatural' or without any 'reasonable' or scientific explanation. Theres nothing wrong with that and there is nothing wrong with challenging the personal revelations of others. 

But neither is there anything wrong with having an open mind, allowing oneself to be open to the possibility that there may be some insights that can only be gained through personal revelation, kind of like, falling in love. Its not something that can really be understood by studying it. It has to be experienced. 

Thanks for sharing.

• Super Moderator

"I don't think dreams, even lucid experiences within a dream, are grounds for mental illness."

I believe the comment was directed at the statement about "entities" the subconscious mind employs in periods of distorted perception as being real, separate entities was the issue.

It is well known, even in the "spiritual" community, that those who claim to be enlightened are not, nor are the "enlightened" dismissive and rude. There is a lot of leeway granted in this forum, but most people still have limits to credulity and attitude. Some explanation should be provided with the extraordinary claims made, even in here.

• Like 2

@Ablemate Its my understanding that:

"In this one area of Ex-Christian.net, each individual who has adopted an alternative spiritual expression should feel encouraged to freely express any experiences, thoughts, or opinions without fear of being brow beaten, harshly criticized, or condemned."

I don't think dreams, even lucid experiences within a dream, are grounds for mental illness.

If I understand you correctly, I think you were cautiously sharing what you personally experience (interacting with other beings?) as a result of an altered state of consciousness. That's going to be hard to swallow for a lot of people.

That being said, when it comes down to details, the folks who have gained 'life insights' through Eastern pracrices (Zen, Buddhism, etc) are only able to share their insights through what has been personally experienced as well, often via what's described as a higher level of consciousness.

Its always good to be cautious about the conclusions one arrives at through personal revelations  (since we all did this as Christians and found out later we were duped). For some ex-Cs, this means they will never again be open to exploring any sort of unusual personal phenomenon, particularly if it seems 'supernatural' or without any 'reasonable' or scientific explanation. Theres nothing wrong with that and there is nothing wrong with challenging the personal revelations of others. 

But neither is there anything wrong with having an open mind, allowing oneself to be open to the possibility that there may be some insights that can only be gained through personal revelation, kind of like, falling in love. Its not something that can really be understood by studying it. It has to be experienced. 

Thanks for sharing.

My comment was not about lucid dreaming. It was specifically "You might want to see a therapist if you think these entities are real because that's a sign of mental illness. ". Delusions are a thing, and if you think you're actually talking to real, alien entities then you should get checked out.

My comment was not about lucid dreaming. It was specifically "You might want to see a therapist if you think these entities are real because that's a sign of mental illness. ". Delusions are a thing, and if you think you're actually talking to real, alien entities then you should get checked out.

I respectfully disagree, Orbit. Otherwise all believers in God 'as a real entity' would classify as mentally ill (although, I suppose a case could be made for that). Experiences during dream states do not, to my understanding, qualify as anything other than a phenomenon.

My question was simply aimed at pointing out that what happens in your mind while dreaming, lucid or otherwise, happens in your mind. In your mind you think you're astral projecting. And mainly because of taking in videos, books, and information about astral projecting into your subconscious which then plays itself out while in dream or meditative states of consciousness. In your mind you speak to entities. In your mind your subconscious tells you to be better to your brother, etc. etc. Because it's your subconscious mind that even knows about brother, your feelings towards him, and that deep down you ought to straighten it out. 

Now if there's a simpler explanation than above, I'd like to hear it. 

I respectfully disagree, Orbit. Otherwise all believers in God 'as a real entity' would classify as mentally ill (although, I suppose a case could be made for that). Experiences during dream states do not, to my understanding, qualify as anything other than a phenomenon.

Mania is real, and is often characterized by religious delusions. We've had members who have posted similarly while in a manic state, and then came back to tell us what happened, so I would rather err on the side of mental heath.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.