Goodbye Jesus

They Told Me to Kneel, I Stood Up

Fweethawt

They told me God is dead....I questioned.

Stranger

To be dead, god had to have existed in the first place.

To be dead, god had to have existed in the first place.

A good reason to question.

Stanger

Except you don't. You just blindly believe what you've been told is true your whole life. That has been proven by your posts on this website. Everyone else here who doesn't identify as christian did once, but eventually found that the bible god doesn't add up. You somehow think that because we cannot physically show you that god does not exist means that he does.

• Like 3

Except you don't. You just blindly believe what you've been told is true your whole life. That has been proven by your posts on this website. Everyone else here who doesn't identify as christian did once, but eventually found that the bible god doesn't add up. You somehow think that because we cannot physically show you that god does not exist means that he does.

Well, if you cannot somehow physicallly show that God does not exist, why shoud I believe you?

Stranger

I could ask you the exact same question, except that the result would be the same as you have proven of yourself: you would make assertion after assertion with no real proof. You are the one making the claim that a thing is there; it is on you to prove it. Not me to disprove it.

• Like 4

I could ask you the exact same question, except that the result would be the same as you have proven of yourself: you would make assertion after assertion with no real proof. You are the one making the claim that a thing is there; it is on you to prove it. Not me to disprove it.

Well, they said, 'God is dead'.  Doesn't that infer He once lived?  Thus I questioned. 

Stranger

• Super Moderator

Who's "they"?

Who's "they"?

Who's they in the opening post?

Stranger

Except have you ever actually questioned whether or not god exists? You've said before that there was never a time that you didn't believe. Which is it?

Quit redirecting other posters' questions. TRP asked you who "they" is first.

Except have you ever actually questioned whether or not god exists? You've said before that there was never a time that you didn't believe. Which is it?

Quit redirecting other posters' questions. TRP asked you who "they" is first.

The title of the thread is 'they asked me to kneel'.   That is first.  If you don't want to identify who 'they' is, then why should I identify who 'they' is?

I am not redirecting.  My question is perfectly in line with the op.

Stranger

• Super Moderator

Who's they in the opening post?

Stranger

Answer my question.  Who is "they"?  Who said "god is dead"?

• Super Moderator

My question is perfectly in line with the op.

Stranger

And my question is perfectly in line with your post.  Who is "they" that said "god is dead"?

Answer my question.  Who is "they"?  Who said "god is dead"?

Is that an order?  Sorry.  I misbehave when given orders.   See post #12.

Stranger

Well, alright then. I will answer your question so that you will then answer the subsequent ones you were asked.

Replace the word "they" in the original post" with christians. There's your answer. The original post's suggestion is that christians prefer to repress any doubts so as to maintain their belief's infrastructure. So they seek to silence those who speak out of their doubts so that order may be maintained.

Now, answer mine and TRP's questions.

And my question is perfectly in line with your post.  Who is "they" that said "god is dead"?

And the op was first.

Stranger

• Super Moderator

Is that an order?  Sorry.  I misbehave when given orders.   See post #12.

Stranger

Then how can you be a "slave" of christ?  

• Like 2

Well, alright then. I will answer your question so that you will then answer the subsequent ones you were asked.

Replace the word "they" in the original post" with christians. There's your answer. The original post's suggestion is that christians prefer to repress any doubts so as to maintain their belief's infrastructure. So they seek to silence those who speak out of their doubts so that order may be maintained.

Now, answer mine and TRP's questions.

OK.  Replace the word 'they' in my post with unbelievers.   

Stranger

Then how can you be a "slave" of christ?  

Were those orders from Christ?   

Stranger

Okay. Please elaborate on that. Have you felt those things before? Truly felt those things? I'll even quote my original questions for you.

"Have you ever actually questioned whether or not god exists? You've said before that there was never a time that you didn't believe. Which is it?"

• Super Moderator

Friedrich Nietzsche is credited with having said "god is dead" and he did not necessarily think it was a good thing.  In fact, he declared that we, humans, murdered god and he called us murderer of murderers.  Though he was an atheist, he did lament the death of christianity in Western Society.  You seem to be as ignorant about this topic as you are about genetics.  Mendel and Nietzsche would both be appalled by your willful stupidity.  You really do represent everything that is wrong with Western Christianity; and you are turning more lurkers away from christ with each day you vomit your presence out onto this website.

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/what-did-nietzsche-mean-god-dead

• Super Moderator

Were those orders from Christ?   

Stranger

christ order tickets to the Nine Inch Nails show.

Okay. Please elaborate on that. Have you felt those things before? Truly felt those things? I'll even quote my original questions for you.

"Have you ever actually questioned whether or not god exists? You've said before that there was never a time that you didn't believe. Which is it?"

I remember this question and of course not.  I do not remember a time when I didn't believe in God.  Why do you say "which is it'?

Stranger

Friedrich Nietzsche is credited with having said "god is dead" and he did not necessarily think it was a good thing.  In fact, he declared that we, humans, murdered god and he called us murderer of murderers.  Though he was an atheist, he did lament the death of christianity in Western Society.  You seem to be as ignorant about this topic as you are about genetics.  Mendel and Nietzsche would both be appalled by your willful stupidity.  You really do represent everything that is wrong with Western Christianity; and you are turning more lurkers away from christ with each day you vomit your presence out onto this website.

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/what-did-nietzsche-mean-god-dead

As I said, if God is dead, then He must have lived.   Correct?    Poor Nietzsche.   

Well, if you think I am turning 'lurkers' away from Christ, you should be glad.  Correct?

Stranger