Goodbye Jesus

Why the heck did I need to follow ones tribes religion and wage war with others tribes ?

AlienGoddess

You know, I was a former Islam Sunni and  from Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamaah - Imam Shafi'i denomination to be precise. For your information I was born Islam at birth and due to both my parent were moslem.I joined Christian about 4 years ago and deconverted last year. I thinked  only Koran contains such ridiculous,silly,outdated rules,warlike god Allah by name and enjoy suffering of creations. I was shocked by the facts that Bible or supposed loving god of love or biblical god possessed such immature,childish and petty behaviour and even more so bible god 1000 times or infinite more wicked than satan.

Oh yes,all religion actually about control and put all human being into one simple minded thinking and worldview. I already practice Sufism and research about other esoteric offshoots or philosophy such Hinduism,Buddhism,Taoism,Deism,Jainism. I agreed that was much more spiritual or closer to truth but because it was taught by human it was filled with control. For example,Buddhist in Thailand firmly believe that literal 13 level of hell indeed exists and you would be punished for petty crimes by simply lying,take flower offered to Buddha in temple without permission and mind-numbing dogma which means all people probably enter hell. Don't take my words but please go to youtube.com and type in search bar "buddhist hell" and pick the first one.

I was once Gnostic when I decided to drop all creeds,dogma or religion. I was impressed by Jennifer Shephard from  lipstickmystic.com writings. I soon found myself in maze. We can't possibly clear our mind and think logically if we subscribe to particular creeds,teaching,or belief.

Then, I denounced all type of spirituality creeds,mysticism,religion. I didn't find it reasonate with me. I am an atheist free thinker now. No matter how good that philosophy is, I need paradigm shifts and think as outsider because when I think inside the circle of specific ideas and regard that ideas as ultimate truth I will close my mind to other possibilities. For that reason, I will think I am open-minded but actually I am not, I don't realize that I am not outside but I am still inside maze of that previous idea we talk about.

I applaud to all ex-christian on this site dubbed Ex-Christian.Net. I offer my greatest gratitude to  webmaster of this site, WidenedSage,Neal,Valeria Tarico and long list of active contributors. You just wrote such thoughful and outstanding articles.

Please forgive me for my grammar error , we always mistake 'past tense' with 'present tense' or vice versa. My language had a backward sentence and grammar and my brain hardwired to my native grammar ( Malay Malaysian language ) . It was difficult to translate idea or expression from one language to another one 100% accurate. I think this similar thing happens to all language and which is why I didn't think King James Bible got it right when it was translated from unknown language and then to Hebrew,Greek,Roman and then last one in English. During oral traditions or process, the original one would be lost,ommited,shredded,jumbled down,reinserted with new and unrelated idea or opinions.

Over thousand of years and predated the oldest religion human already built stunning,organized civilization and they lived perfectly happy based on carbon dating the ruin of civilization found under the sea . Why the heck did I need to follow such new religion (Islam and Christian) appx. 2000 years ago. Why did supposed omnipresent God didn't tell this 'truth' earlier? Ancient civilizations and other civilizations in this modern world didn't follow such silly religion and according to Bible or Koran they will be burned in hell.

Each religion contains booga booga boo concept and silly rules to follow and it's all devoid of common sense, heartless and time wasting. If the follower don't follow it, then they got demerit and divine punishment.

• Like 8

• Super Moderator

Welcome, and thanks for the excellent story. There is no need to apologize for your English, it's fine.

Hope to hear more from you around here.

• Like 3

You know, I was a former Islam Sunni and  from Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamaah - Imam Shafi'i denomination to be precise. For your information I was born Islam at birth and due to both my parent were moslem.I joined Christian about 4 years ago and deconverted last year. I thinked  only Koran contains such ridiculous,silly,outdated rules,warlike god Allah by name and enjoy suffering of creations. I was shocked by the facts that Bible or supposed loving god of love or biblical god possessed such immature,childish and petty behaviour and even more so bible god 1000 times or infinite more wicked than satan.

Oh yes,all religion actually about control and put all human being into one simple minded thinking and worldview. I already practice Sufism and research about other esoteric offshoots or philosophy such Hinduism,Buddhism,Taoism,Deism,Jainism. I agreed that was much more spiritual or closer to truth but because it was taught by human it was filled with control. For example,Buddhist in Thailand firmly believe that literal 13 level of hell indeed exists and you would be punished for petty crimes by simply lying,take flower offered to Buddha in temple without permission and mind-numbing dogma which means all people probably enter hell. Don't take my words but please go to youtube.com and type in search bar "buddhist hell" and pick the first one.

I was once Gnostic when I decided to drop all creeds,dogma or religion. I was impressed by Jennifer Shephard from  lipstickmystic.com writings. I soon found myself in maze. We can't possibly clear our mind and think logically if we subscribe to particular creeds,teaching,or belief.

Then, I denounced all type of spirituality creeds,mysticism,religion. I didn't find it reasonate with me. I am an atheist free thinker now. No matter how good that philosophy is, I need paradigm shifts and think as outsider because when I think inside the circle of specific ideas and regard that ideas as ultimate truth I will close my mind to other possibilities. For that reason, I will think I am open-minded but actually I am not, I don't realize that I am not outside but I am still inside maze of that previous idea we talk about.

I applaud to all ex-christian on this site dubbed Ex-Christian.Net. I offer my greatest gratitude to  webmaster of this site, WidenedSage,Neal,Valeria Tarico and long list of active contributors. You just wrote such thoughful and outstanding articles.

Please forgive me for my grammar error , we always mistake 'past tense' with 'present tense' or vice versa. My language had a backward sentence and grammar and my brain hardwired to my native grammar ( Malay Malaysian language ) . It was difficult to translate idea or expression from one language to another one 100% accurate. I think this similar thing happens to all language and which is why I didn't think King James Bible got it right when it was translated from unknown language and then to Hebrew,Greek,Roman and then last one in English. During oral traditions or process, the original one would be lost,ommited,shredded,jumbled down,reinserted with new and unrelated idea or opinions.

Over thousand of years and predated the oldest religion human already built stunning,organized civilization and they lived perfectly happy based on carbon dating the ruin of civilization found under the sea . Why the heck did I need to follow such new religion (Islam and Christian) appx. 2000 years ago. Why did supposed omnipresent God didn't tell this 'truth' earlier? Ancient civilizations and other civilizations in this modern world didn't follow such silly religion and according to Bible or Koran they will be burned in hell.

Each religion contains booga booga boo concept and silly rules to follow and it's all devoid of common sense, heartless and time wasting. If the follower don't follow it, then they got demerit and divine punishment.

Well now, @AlienGoddess,

Welcome to the forum and to freedom!

Now, if we could just initiate the same level of awakening in the Muslim world as we are seeing in the Christian world. We may not stop all wars but we will certainly remove one of the most relied upon tools that controlling old men use to motivate the masses to make war!

- MOHO (Mind Of His Own)

• Like 3

BTW, @AlienGoddess,

Your grammar was good enough to get your message across.

• Like 1

Well now, @AlienGoddess,

Welcome to the forum and to freedom!

Now, if we could just initiate the same level of awakening in the Muslim world as we are seeing in the Christian world. We may not stop all wars but we will certainly remove one of the most relied upon tools that controlling old men use to motivate the masses to make war!

- MOHO (Mind Of His Own)

I didn't know much about Christian in the west and european but Islam community in my country didn't awaken much.

I saw many awakening in Christian community but not in Islam community. Religious leaders and politicians maybe or probably know the lie of Christian, Islam and many cults but they keep blind eyes to instill obedient,fear and make a use of religion.

For example, in my country moslems become more devout and turn into Koran and Hadith thumper. They started to go from school to school and more school constantly preaching about Dajjal/Anti-Christ in loud pitch and creepy voice. "Dajjal were coming and it's near! Dajjal were coming and it's near! . Then he mimicked the creepy deep booming voice Dajjal's speech to human.About war and Dajjal would suck all the water on earth.

I was traumatized about this and experienced hallucination. I can't hear people voice properly when people talked I think it was Dajjal voice and he walked on earth little did I know it was just deep booming voices from my neighbourhood and they were speaking to their family.It took me one week to recover.

Then, when I realized it was lie, I felt great resentment to that motivator and preacher. He was so deluded and he believed it was 500% true.

" Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca,the roman statesman~

• Like 5

" Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca,the roman statesman~

This is the best quote I can find which is means the thinkerer,the wise and people who always ponder and asking question will find the lie in religion whereas common people who didn't exercise their thinking skills will praise authority and religious leaders for saving their soul and morals little did they know, they didn't need to get saved and they can be free from creeds. The ruler will call free thinker as heretic as they think religion as useful and should be imposed to the masses.

• Like 2

This is the best quote I can find which is means the thinkerer,the wise and people who always ponder and asking question will find the lie in religion whereas common people who didn't exercise their thinking skills will praise authority and religious leaders for saving their soul and morals little did they know, they didn't need to get saved and they can be free from creeds. The ruler will call free thinker as heretic as they think religion as useful and should be imposed to the masses.

Nailed it!  :3:

• Like 1

Nailed it!  :3:

Thanks.:)

Welcome to the site. I'm glad that you were able to free yourself from the teachings of Islam and Christianity. It's good being able to think for yourself isn't it?

• Like 2

Welcome to the site. I'm glad that you were able to free yourself from the teachings of Islam and Christianity. It's good being able to think for yourself isn't it?

Yes, it is good to think for myself. In my entire life my community keep reminding mind  Koran and Christian as guides to life and the only way to truth. 

Moslems would insist its their most beloved Allah the first one to command Islamic prayer 5 times a day with ablution water,kneeling and prostrating.The outsider will call the head banging and ass pointing to the air. 

I didn't like Islamic 5 times a day prayer and researching about its origin washed my guilt.

What I could find with my research, Islamic prayer method wasn't now new things. Hindu and Zoroastrian had been practicing it about many thousand years ago. 

It couldn't be other way around. Guess what, they (Mohamedan) copied it and claimed it as their own. Today, Hindu follower will get piss off, if the moslems says prostrating,kneeling and head banging originally from Islam traditions. Hindu said there were no proof that Islam religion ever existed before them and during Hindu civilization Golden Age.

• Like 1

Yes, it is good to think for myself. In my entire life my community keep reminding mind  Koran and Christian as guides to life and the only way to truth. 

Moslems would insist its their most beloved Allah the first one to command Islamic prayer 5 times a day with ablution water,kneeling and prostrating.The outsider will call the head banging and ass pointing to the air. 

I didn't like Islamic 5 times a day prayer and researching about its origin washed my guilt.

What I could find with my research, Islamic prayer method wasn't now new things. Hindu and Zoroastrian had been practicing it about many thousand years ago. 

It couldn't be other way around. Guess what, they (Mohamedan) copied it and claimed it as their own. Today, Hindu follower will get piss off, if the moslems says prostrating,kneeling and head banging originally from Islam traditions. Hindu said there were no proof that Islam religion ever existed before them and during Hindu civilization Golden Age.

Our moslem leaders insist that Christianity was from Allah but they distort the holy book to deny Allah. There were no evidence about this claims. What we could find Koran plagiarise from The Bible and claimed as their own. For that reason, a lot of civilizations,countries and other religious followers got pissed off with Islam. I felt embarrased as I could not find convincing evidence when confronted about this matter. Religion like Christian and Islam really were expert about empty talk,thin air and hollow and bullshit statement. The Bible contains many contradiction and that's why Koran contains contradiction. Similar verses in Bible and Koran; Bible claim that God harden pharoah heart and Koran claim that Allah harden the heart of people who reject Islam. It was no coincidence. What I could think about, almost all religious text was a copycat from previous religion.People took it so seriously.

• Like 1

Religious leaders and politicians maybe or probably know the lie of Christian, Islam and many cults but they keep blind eyes to instill obedient,fear and make a use of religion.

This is very true. Religion is considered false by the intellectuals, "the truth™" by the plebs, and useful by the the ruling elite.

I suspected Obama was agnostic, and even more strongly suspect Trump an atheist. I can't even blame either of them. In the US a politician would be throwing away millions of free votes if they were to come out as non-christian for any reason.

• Like 1

Hi AlienGoddess and welcome to our community!  You bring a valuable perspective as an ex-Muslim as well as an ex-Christian!  

It saddens me to see Islam in countries like Malaysia and Indonesia becoming ever more conservative and backward.  Until relatively recently, Muslim countries from Egypt to Pakistan to Indonesia were relatively secular in some ways: many women went without any form of hijab whatever, it seems.  Now this is no longer tolerated.  Evidently much of the backtracking is a result of Saudi-funded madrassas and mosques that have succeeded in exporting Wahhabism and displacing more tolerant versions of Islam.  

• Like 1

Welcome to Ex-c AlienGoddess. Thank you so much for sharing. How wonderful it is to get a new perspective on other religions besides christianity!  To read how similar they are shows me that the myths that were started thousands of years ago probably did copy all these stories that are in the so-called 'holy books'. I'm so glad you are here and I hope you will stay. Looking very forward to hearing more from you! 

(hug)

• Like 2

Hi AlienGoddess and welcome to our community!  You bring a valuable perspective as an ex-Muslim as well as an ex-Christian!  

It saddens me to see Islam in countries like Malaysia and Indonesia becoming ever more conservative and backward.  Until relatively recently, Muslim countries from Egypt to Pakistan to Indonesia were relatively secular in some ways: many women went without any form of hijab whatever, it seems.  Now this is no longer tolerated.  Evidently much of the backtracking is a result of Saudi-funded madrassas and mosques that have succeeded in exporting Wahhabism and displacing more tolerant versions of Islam.  

So true, originally three predominant races that is; Malay,Chinese and Hindu including other native races united together to bring Malaysia to achieve independence and victory. Malay race brought Islam as main religion, Chinese with Taoism,Buddhism,and Confucious and Hindu with their Dharma and Vedas. 

Then Islam accepted as the official religion in Malaysia. Originally Islam brought by Sufist or their own version of 'Islam Offshoots' named Sufism. It was more gentle,tolerance,grounded to nature,the teaching of knowing true potential,esctacy and rose as religious sign. Then, it declared as heretic just like Roman Christian call Gnostic and Hellenistic as heretic. Malaysia accepted advices from Malay Imam who studied Islam in Mecca, Saudi Arabia to adapt Sunni Islam Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamaah,Imam Shafi'i whereas Indonesia accept Sunni Islam Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamaah, Imam Maliki. Malaysia declared Islam other than Sunni Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamaah such as Sufism and Shia as cults. 

Malaysia and Malay proud of their identity as moderate and tolerant moslem. They were friendly and accept all races and religion. It become to change when a lot of students went to Middle East and Egypt to study due to low costs. That students then brought together harmful and radicals ideology such as Wahabbism and Jihadism. They were spreading fast like virus. It become much more harsher and infectious,people accept it as the most truth without asking. What they didn't realize religion actually covert tool for war and gather follower to join the causes. We are facing covert,silent and ideology war between 3 sects of Islam. They didn't realize Islam was a just small tribal religion of Arab who elevate one of their deity as the true creator of all universe from Supreme Tribal Deity. Allah simply means 'Supreme Deity'. 

Things didn't go very well due to cover up and it's hard to determine whos side story the correct one. Christianity also want freedom for Islam Malaysia to convert to their religion.

• Like 1