Goodbye Jesus

Jews and Christians-End Times Stuff

Kushne

Hello,

I know I write about really annoying stuff, but I sure am hoping that someone would be willing to help me out.  Not long ago, a friend of mine told me that when the Jews rebuild their temple and start offering sacrifices, that god will turn back to them and usher in the end times-- this would be the end of the "times of the gentiles" and the end of the church age.  I tried to look this up, as I kind of remember reading something like this on a website somewhere, but just about everything I found said that the time of the gentiles ended when the rapture occurred or when Jesus came back to fight the gentile armies and the antichrist at Armageddon--nothing specifically about Jewish sacrifices.  

I did even find a few sites that said that the temple could get build and that their could be years of sacrifices before the antichrist came on to the scene because the bible only talks about him "stopping" the sacrifices.  That the temple doesn't necessarily tell us how close to the end we might be.  They also said that these sacrifices would not be pleasing to god because it shows that the Jews don't recognize Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice. 

So, I was wondering-- had any of you heard this theory that god would turn back to the Jews when they resume sacrificing?  Or had you heard different things?  What if the Jews do build the temple and start sacrificing-- has this been done in the past?  It seems that there were synagogues on the Temple Mount where Jews prayed to god-- and perhaps there may have been some sacrificing-- I would really like to know if this is the case, but haven't found much yet.  Does anybody know anything about that? 

Please help-- I know I am annoying, but I still worry about things.  I sure wish I didn't.......

Kushne(Kris)

Scholars routinely expose all the mythical prophecies in the bible that have never come true. And the ones the did were written after the prophesy occurred. The bible is a collection of mythical stories, based on legends and folklore, with mythical characters. The bible is not true literally or historically. If you want to validate that read Bible historians not apologist.

And this anti-Christ character is also fictional. Like I suggested, read Bible Historians like Bart Ehrman, Robert M Price, David Fitzgerald and others that I can suggest. Do Not read apologists and do not take the bible literally or even seriously for that matter.

If the Jews try to rebuild the Temple there is going to be one hell of a war with the Muslims because the Dome of the Rock sit's atop the old temple ruins and I believe that is the Muslims second most holy place. Not goanna happen.

• Like 3

Kushne, what you describe is fairly typical among evangelicals. The idea that the temple will be rebuilt is typically held by dispensationalist and covenant theology proponents alike. However, the idea that God will honor Jewish sacrifices sounds like something that is particular to dispensationlist theologies. A reformed/Calvinist perspective would hold that the only sacrifice God accepts is the sacrifice of Jesus, and that salvation only comes by faith in him and his vicarious atonement.

The only people who would reject the idea that the construction of a new temple is a harbinger of the end times are probably the preterists, who think that most of the prophecy in the book of Revelation has already been fulfilled. Well, this notion is likely also rejected by Catholics, Orthodox, Copts, etc., who don't believe much of anything about the end times. Regardless, you can probably find the information you're looking for by Googling "dispensationalism" and "covenant theology."

You have no idea what a can of worms you could open by starting this discussion. In slang parlance, I believe evangelical eschatology is best described as a "shit show."

• Like 3

I keep hoping we've heard the last of the end times but theres always a new whacky theory that will come to pass like all the rest.  I came across the latest just yesterday, September 23, if you want to lose some brain cells have a look on YouTube.  Basically the star that was there for Jesus birth will be back, jupiter will pass through Virgo and Leo will crown Virgo which fulfills some part of revelation.  They don't seem to know what exactly will happen, some mention rapture but most don't want to get shown to be wrong so are using more vague terms like 'calamity'.

Wertbag, if I remember correctly it was supposed to be 23 September 2015

So I think we missed the end times!

The people I knew thought in addition to the temple being rebuilt, the entire promised land needs to be given back to the Jews before the end times would come. It's a pretty big area of land. If Israel's borders mark how close we are to the end times, we have a long way to go.

61stbd_biblicalborders09.jpg

4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Wertbag, if I remember correctly it was supposed to be 23 September 2015

So I think we missed the end times!

2015 was the start of the end times but 2017 is the year that matters! 

Well at least that is now the updated claim...  couldn't stick to 2015 once that date came and went.

2 minutes ago, Wertbag said:

2015 was the start of the end times but 2017 is the year that matters! 

Well at least that is now the updated claim...  couldn't stick to 2015 once that date came and went.

Lol yep the perpetually ending world.

And these are the same people that will say science is unreliable because its updates its current knowledge :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On August 21, 2017 the sky will go dark in the middle of the day in parts of North America, just like when jesus died.  I may rip a veil and split some rocks for good measure.  Pick up a handful of earth and shake it.  When jesus doesn't show I'm going to grab another cold beer. ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tell'em Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this world." Tell'em that if it was Jesus plan to set up an earthly kingdom, that means he failed and he's going to have to come back and try again. Do they believe their lord and savior failed?

Heard one guy say Jesus would return as he did originally, so virgin birth and heralded by the star.  But that means he is born in human form so you can add another 25 years to whichever prophesy date you believe before He is old enough to figure out what to do.

I'm not sure if the guy thought Jesus was already here but still at school or still coming soon...

I'd personally welcome a new temple.  It's like calling a bluff.  It would just lead to one more failed prophecy in a string of failed prophecies that they'd have to explain away.

They'd have this crown jewel of prophecies, this temple, that would get all these folks riled up and then...nothing.  Nothing.  And more nothing.  Once that temple gets built the only thing that can top it is the almost immediate end of the world in that jesus comes around to do his thing.  And that simply can not and so will not happen.

If we think apologetics are strained now the convoluted explanations as to why things aren't happening once a temple gets built will be a whole new level.  Something that hasn't been seen since they had to convince those first believers that maybe the end times weren't really in that first generation after all and words don't mean what they say.

mwc

• Like 3