Goodbye Jesus

Had to Delete...

Shinobi

Can't continue on this path. The world is messed up enough as it is... Sorry, family. :(

Would it be logical to regard fundamentalism as a mental illness or the attributes that leads one to it?

• Like 1

More like the low-level functioning brain of an individual who is blind to alternative ideas relating to areas of thought where that person has been indoctrinated and brainwashed. This condition has been called by many "dumbassism."

This condition could be a phase lasting only a few months or years, or it might be a condition that could last for a decade or even a lifetime unless educated ideas start to penetrate a numb scull. Sometimes a well trusted person with alternative ideas is able to convince the individual that hedging might be wise, accomplished by the individual studying alternative ideas in case the individual's own convictions become less certain some day.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 9:48 AM, MOHO said:

Would it be logical to regard fundamentalism as a mental illness or the attributes that leads one to it?

WOW!, That's profound, @Shinobi,

A correlation between fundyism and lack of brain activity! Whod'a thunk it?

I can tell you I had to shut down part of my brain to accept xianity.

Also, perhaps attributes that LEAD one to accept fundyism more readily could be identified and dealt with. Even if all we do is hang signs on these folks. "If you have an over active hippy campus, you MIGHT be a fundy!" 

"Here's your sign."

• Like 2