Goodbye Jesus

Denmark: Rapes Soared 196 PERCENT Since Liberal Government Took Power, Invited Refugees

Fweethawt

Just now, Burnedout said:

What are you ashamed of?  Why won't you answer my questions?  I answered yours.  Why are you doing what you're doing?  Do you think readers are too stupid to make up their own minds? 

I am going to keep asking these questions every time you ask me questions.  If you want to ask me questions, better be willing to get questions back.  It may be your right to ask, but it is also MY right to turn around and ask you. ;)

BAA,

Are you afraid to answer my questions?  You are good at asking questions, but not good at answering them.  Why are you doing what you are doing?  Do you think readers are too stupid to decide for themselves?

5 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

Is that all you're going to do?  You are just going to keep hiding in your digital turtle shell? Again, I answered your questions, but you refuse to answer mine.  I guess when it comes to interacting with you on a board it is not a two-way street.  You can ask all kinds of probing questions, but I can't do it of you.  Kind of sounds just a wee bit hypocritical?  Why are you doing what you are doing?  Do you think readers are too stupid to make up their own minds? 

My my... one of the two sides just up there is acting like a 5-year-old. Guess who that would be. :P

I just want to say one thing: Isn't it interesting that a member that's been registered for 5-6 years, and who's only written 9(!) posts, feels the urge to come here and post a sort of disclaimer, and then dash out again, just like that? His remark about being "ashamed of being danish" echoes the attitude of many people on the left. My point being: Sören is biased, and his views shouldn't be accepted as some sort of gospel truth. There are indeed problems in Europe related to immigration, and pretending it isn't so, or that it's just a lie sported by the evil "rightards" won't change that.

• Like 2

Question:  

Has this thread become sufficiently political to merit moving it out of Rants & Replies and into Totally Off Topic, the proper place for political discourse?

(Btw, I don't know the answer.  I'm just asking.)

16 hours ago, Burnedout said:

Folks, 

BAA likes to interject himself as an uninvited referee deciding what is logical or factual rather than letting you decide for yourself.  I guess he thinks you are not smart enough to do that on your own. 

Actually in the 10 months I've been here I also have noticed a pattern.

BAA will challenge BO on some point.... then a few posts later BO will declare "BAA likes to interject himself as an uninvited referee deciding what is logical or factual rather than letting you decide for yourself" or "BAA is being a gate keeper"

Maybe BAA is just pointing out what he sees as flaws in reasoning? He's not telling anyone what to think.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
56 minutes ago, bornagainathiest said:

Question:  

Has this thread become sufficiently political to merit moving it out of Rants & Replies and into Totally Off Topic, the proper place for political discourse?

(Btw, I don't know the answer.  I'm just asking.)

I'm just hoping it will burn itself out like all the fights in the kindergarten playground eventually do.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, florduh said:

I'm just hoping it will burn itself out like all the fights in the kindergarten playground eventually do.

Thanks Florduh.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:05 AM, florduh said:

These days many Americans have no use for facts even from people actually living in the country of interest. Forget that the US leads by a large margin in all violent crimes worldwide. Forget anything else that doesn't show "liberals" in a bad light. We're America, goddamit!

Florduh,

Bit of a side railinging. 

Please provide your statistics for the bolded above.  Seriously, just to keep conversation going. I am VERY interested in those numbers from your sources.

Thanks.

kL

To RJN,

I was just trying to correct some facts about Denmark, the rape statistics and the present danish immigration politics. I agree, that there is problems with the refugee situation.

I dont join the discussions, unless I feel I am able to contribute something. And if that makes my few posts suspicious, so be it.

You might disagree with me, fine, but then you makes the very postmodern assumption that this makes my facts suspicious.

I am concerned that even here the discussions moves quickly from disagreeing with people to attacking their rights  to and motives to have opposing views.

Disagreement is healthy and necessary. Alternate facts is not

SorenG

• Like 1

I hope I live long enough to see this topic no longer appear in my activity stream...

• Like 3

• Super Moderator
11 hours ago, SkipNChurch said:

Florduh,

Bit of a side railinging. 

Please provide your statistics for the bolded above.  Seriously, just to keep conversation going. I am VERY interested in those numbers from your sources.

Thanks.

kL

Well, Colombia and Mexico beat us in homicides by firearm. So it was a bit of an exaggeration. If you look through various breakdowns, the USA does not fare well when it comes to violent crime. Here's one source:  http://www.criminaljusticedegreehub.com/violent-crime-us-abroad/

Regarding rape specifically:  "The super power of the world is at the first position in the race of rapes. Males are majorly the rapist holding a proportion of 99%. Out of all the victims, 91% are females while 9% are males. The U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics states that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, and nearly 99% of rapists are male. According to the National Violence Against Women Survey, 1 in 6 U.S. women and 1 in 33 U.S. men has experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime. More than a quarter of college-age women report having experienced a rape or rape attempt since age 14. Out of all, only 16% of the total cases are reported. Outdoor rape is not common in USA rather most of the rape cases takes place inside homes."  So the USA is doing fine with rape incidents, even without a significant Muslim population or "liberal" government.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/top-10-countries-highest-rape-crime-nura-zackria

" More than a quarter of college-age women report having experienced a rape or rape attempt since age 14."

I'll probably get myself in trouble for this one, but I've always wondered how true this one is. If rape is defined as drunk sex where the male gets accused, then no doubt we'd see numbers like this. It certainly seems to be the case with campus rape stats. I don't know about general stats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
10 minutes ago, Vigile said:

" More than a quarter of college-age women report having experienced a rape or rape attempt since age 14."

I'll probably get myself in trouble for this one, but I've always wondered how true this one is. If rape is defined as drunk sex where the male gets accused, then no doubt we'd see numbers like this. It certainly seems to be the case with campus rape stats. I don't know about general stats. 

I suspect you're right. Rape statistics are tough to get accurate. What counts? Are more whiners and ladies with buyer's remorse loudly reporting rapes while those who were actual victims of a violent crime are keeping quiet about it? Do all states, countries and societies use the same methods and criteria when gathering statistics? The point is, fuzzy statistics from everybody or not, America is really in no position to point fingers and school other countries in much of anything these days.

10 hours ago, sorenG said:

To RJN,

I was just trying to correct some facts about Denmark, the rape statistics and the present danish immigration politics. I agree, that there is problems with the refugee situation.

I dont join the discussions, unless I feel I am able to contribute something. And if that makes my few posts suspicious, so be it.

You might disagree with me, fine, but then you makes the very postmodern assumption that this makes my facts suspicious.

I am concerned that even here the discussions moves quickly from disagreeing with people to attacking their rights  to and motives to have opposing views.

SorenG

SorenG,

Please continue contributing. Bolded above is well worth reading your posts about. 
Indeed you will meet some folks here who WILL disagree with you, however nothing makes your thinking WRONG.

Remember that Rants is a spot to do just that. That Thread and subjects follow rabbit trails and derail all to often quickly is part of the fare here. 

kevinL

• Like 1

Florduh,

Looked over my files and sources for "stats" in question. That would make a major derail of Denmark and it's rapefugee situation.

US stats are well plowed over in ToT many many times. I will leave Pew Research link for individuals perusal.

Please continue about Euro Northern Countries and their problems with criminal elements. 
VERY interesting hearing from people who reside there.

kevinL

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sorenG said:

To RJN,

SorenG

I have no problems with differing views, but I see a tendency to downplay every attempt to expose these problems as nothing but make-believe created by "the evul rightards". Our countries are close in many ways, not just geographically, and what happens in Denmark is usually mirrored in one way or another in my own country. No one except Swedes who are still stupid enough to buy the established narrative think Denmark is extreme in how it deals with immigration.

6 hours ago, florduh said:

I suspect you're right. Rape statistics are tough to get accurate. What counts? Are more whiners and ladies with buyer's remorse loudly reporting rapes while those who were actual victims of a violent crime are keeping quiet about it? Do all states, countries and societies use the same methods and criteria when gathering statistics? The point is, fuzzy statistics from everybody or not, America is really in no position to point fingers and school other countries in much of anything these days.

I've seen a lot of these rabid feminists who use the term rape to mean friggn anything they disagree with.  Look at them for a second too long?  Rape!  Interrupt them when speaking? Rape!  Use a feminine term they disagree with? Rape!

There was one lady who said she was raped two dozen times a day, really strong victim mentality.  The sad thing is these types of people trivialise a horrific crime and take support away from real victims.

• Like 3

Facts and logic are tools of the patriarchy!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wertbag said:

I've seen a lot of these rabid feminists who use the term rape to mean friggn anything they disagree with.  Look at them for a second too long?  Rape!  Interrupt them when speaking? Rape!  Use a feminine term they disagree with? Rape!

There was one lady who said she was raped two dozen times a day, really strong victim mentality.  The sad thing is these types of people trivialise a horrific crime and take support away from real victims.

Apologies to Fwee who posted a very similar version of this quite recently (in the ToT forum I think)... but what the heck, it expresses the "reasoning" of contemporary feminism exactly:

Raped+glass+small+oi+m8+small_b13f4e_551

Over the summer thare has been at lot of stories about rape and sexual abuse om music festivals here. My newspaper took it up by presenting 4 stories side-by-side:

The first was about a girl that have been dragged behind some trees and raped by 3 men.

The last was a girl who felt herself sexually abused by some idiot boys in the next tent shouting "nice tits" or something like that when she went by.

- the 2 others was in somewhere between.

The result was obvious. Instead of the reader taking the stupid shouting more serious, the real rape suddenly seemed rather trivial.

If everything is rape, then nothing is a rape.

1 hour ago, sorenG said:

Over the summer thare has been at lot of stories about rape and sexual abuse om music festivals here. My newspaper took it up by presenting 4 stories side-by-side:

The first was about a girl that have been dragged behind some trees and raped by 3 men.

The last was a girl who felt herself sexually abused by some idiot boys in the next tent shouting "nice tits" or something like that when she went by.

- the 2 others was in somewhere between.

The result was obvious. Instead of the reader taking the stupid shouting more serious, the real rape suddenly seemed rather trivial.

If everything is rape, then nothing is a rape.

Which is the effect corrosive post-modernism has on just about everything. All it leads to is an incoherent, confusing and nihilistic society where nothing is ever true.